Without further ado:
harlekin's DR Spreadsheet (*updated 2:08pm CST 12/18/08*)
No Excel, no credit? No problem! It should work fine if you import it into Google Docs. (Someone please test this, I'm no longer certain it will work due to the interactive stuff I added)
What is it?
This is a spreadsheet intended to help you decide what gear is better. There are many spreadsheets like this out there. This one considers Diminishing Returns on all avoidance including miss. The most important addition from my previous spreadsheet is the inclusion of block. Now you can see estimates for your block cap without doing the math yourself! Keep in mind that miss DR is still an estimate, so 102.4% on the spreadsheet could be over- or under-capped by a small amount. Rather than hoarding my work to make myself better than all of the other tanks out there, I've decided to give it away free and achieve my fame via forums. >.>
The core of support for all of the plate tanking classes is in there, but I have to go back and do a lot of work to actually make it work for non-paladins. [edit] Dodge from agility is currently accurate for paladins only, all other avoidance DR numbers not counting base/talented should be applicable to warriors and dks. [edit] Now working (mostly) for all plate tanks. I need help with the base values and testing.
Bug List:
-----------
Base strength is not added in yet - workaround: just add it in to the starting column. FIXED
EH calculations need improvement (no AD, god knows what else) - improved, still needs work
Defense skill rounding needs to be addressed FIXED
Armor calculations need work, no differentiation between bonus (no multiplier) and base
Many base values are wrong (base hp in particular, some of the non-paladin values)
Wish List:
------------
I tried adding TTL calcs, but they were terrible. If anyone knows a good TTL calculation that can be done in excel, please let me know.
Full Warrior/DK support is doable, I just need the time/motivation
Make race selectable DONE - need correct base values though
Make kings selectable DONE
This spreadsheet started with my original task to discover whether defense or dodge was better. The original thread can be found here: http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintankadin/viewtopic.php?t=17390
_________________
Shadow Council - US - Horde
Xandreth (74) - Prot Paladin - MT (going ret until 75)
Tyrenn (80) - Frostfire Mage
Saege (70) - Resto Druid in training
Staub (63) - DK backup tank



