We discussed this in another thread, but a long time ago we discussed that the patch notes weren't 100% clear: They said that RD (and other taunts) now benefited from melee hit. They DID NOT say:
They no longer benefit from spell hit.
They now function off non-spell hit mechanics.
Pre-3.0, we confirmed the latter is false, and that they do still function "as spells" with a 17% resist rate. It was assumed that spell hit did not benefit them, but I never saw this actually tested. The way RD never seems to miss points toward spell hit still working, though, because (checking my character sheet):
I have 3.2% increased hit for melee.
I have 4% increased hit from spells.
I have 8% increased hit from the RD glyph.
I'm quite close to 17% total, especially raid-buffed. Nothing conclusive, but it's possible spell hit still affects taunts.
_________________
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand
