Remove Advertisements

A funny bug on the Prince

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

A funny bug on the Prince

Postby fudomyou » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:27 am

So we had a few hiccups at Prince tonight due to bringing a few new people who had to learn the ins and outs and infernal dodging, but we eventually brought him down and stole his wallet.

But, one of his infernals didn't get the message that the fight was over, and it refused to despawn. We had a pretty fun time running in there and taking screenshots of this one infernal merrily chugging away while we decided who got the loots.

Has this happened for anyone else?

(PS: Legacy of the Mountain King is way too fun on phase 2. FOR KHAAAZ MODAAA... FOR KHA... FOR... oh, never mind)
User avatar
fudomyou
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 680
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:14 am

Postby Lisilia » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:12 am

this happens quite often
i'd even say we have that about 30% of all prince kills
Oh crap! Righteous Fury!
Lisilia
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:28 pm

Postby Thanehand » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:23 am

If the infernal lands and is unfolding as the prince dies it will carry on pulsing afterwards.

Bubble 'n' Loot ftw! lol
ImageImage
Thanehand
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:54 am

Postby Drak » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:06 am

I've had an infernal land on top of his corpse once, making it difficult to loot (had the ML die trying to loot him).
Image
User avatar
Drak
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:01 pm

Postby Zhalseran » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:33 am

This happens to me a lot
User avatar
Zhalseran
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:18 pm

Postby Invisusira » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:35 am

I always lol at noobs dying because they're trying to loot their badges.
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:37 am

Invisusira wrote:I always lol at noobs dying because they're trying to loot their badges.
10 Gold says Invisusira died that way.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15538
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Invisusira » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 am

I have elevnty billion HP. I loot my badges, link the gear, have people roll on it, ML it, drink to full mana, and still have time to get out.


yes I said ML it prince is serious business okay
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:13 am

Invisusira wrote:I have elevnty billion HP. I loot my badges, link the gear, have people roll on it, ML it, drink to full mana, and still have time to get out.


yes I said ML it prince is serious business okay
<raises to 20 gold>
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15538
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby fudomyou » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:22 am

I was wondering how long it'd been in there... this was like our 10th or 11th Prince downing and we never got that bug. :)
User avatar
fudomyou
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 680
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:14 am

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:24 am

I'd say the whole time. It's but a minor entertainment / 2g repair bill.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15538
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Lalecize » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:24 pm

I had a funny bug on the weekend.

Right on the switch to Phase 2 I instantly die.

The raid was super confused as to what happens as we usually take down prince smoothly.

So I look at the combat logs...

"You gain enfeeble"
"Prince hits you for XXXX"
"You die"

Eek! I was miles ahead on threat....

FUNNY MR PRINCE :twisted:

So we rez and 1 shot him smoothly....

Is this a know bug?
Lalecize
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:32 pm
Location: New Zealand

Postby NarfJones » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:17 pm

This happened to me and my group the other night. Our healer stood in it and flash healed himself for the entire duration just to see if he could. Luckily, I had looted before the infernal dropped.

And the isntant death at phase change thing has been covered before. It seems like he has a touchy aggro setup during phase changes and the tank can be enfeebled if you are really unlucky.
User avatar
NarfJones
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:30 am

Postby Invisusira » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:39 pm

Lalecize wrote:I had a funny bug on the weekend.

Right on the switch to Phase 2 I instantly die.

The raid was super confused as to what happens as we usually take down prince smoothly.

So I look at the combat logs...

"You gain enfeeble"
"Prince hits you for XXXX"
"You die"

Eek! I was miles ahead on threat....

FUNNY MR PRINCE :twisted:

So we rez and 1 shot him smoothly....

Is this a know bug?

Yes, this is a known bug. Do you use MD to pull? I've only had this happen to me once, and it was when MD was used to pull. When I don't do Kara, my bear OT would usually tank and he had this happen all the time - with his brother the hunter MD'ing to him.
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Postby Lalecize » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:28 pm

Invisusira wrote:
Lalecize wrote:I had a funny bug on the weekend.

Right on the switch to Phase 2 I instantly die.

The raid was super confused as to what happens as we usually take down prince smoothly.

So I look at the combat logs...

"You gain enfeeble"
"Prince hits you for XXXX"
"You die"

Eek! I was miles ahead on threat....

FUNNY MR PRINCE :twisted:

So we rez and 1 shot him smoothly....

Is this a know bug?

Yes, this is a known bug. Do you use MD to pull? I've only had this happen to me once, and it was when MD was used to pull. When I don't do Kara, my bear OT would usually tank and he had this happen all the time - with his brother the hunter MD'ing to him.


I had heard about the MD bug, but as far as I know our hunter wasnt using MD at all during the fight, as I specifically asked for it not to happen.

The only change we had to the normal raid team was a fury warrior had stepped in. Not sure if anything he did could have caused it
Lalecize
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:32 pm
Location: New Zealand

Next

Return to Karazhan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
?php } else { ?