Mt. Hyjal - Anetheron

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Comandant » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:45 am

Worldie wrote:http://www.wowhead.com/?search=flamebane

As much as I love the wowhead site, it is on the department of national defences restricted list for whatever reason and I cannot access it from the office. My only source of info is from my guild website (which nobody is on atm) or from here :-). I can only deduct that it is called the flamebane set.

Is that good enough for the infernals here? What armor slots does it cover?

With regards to eventually getting to illidan, will it be absolutely necessary to have the badge FR gear?

Terroar - 70 Warlock
Zeiben - 70 Druid
Marmidon - 64 Warrior

Ducimus
Comandant

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:00 am

It's good enough since it has sockets that you can fill for stam or defence (depending on what you need).

In fact you can just tank infernals in your regular tanking set, FR would make it easier to heal but it's in no way needed for this.

And yes, should u have to tank flames on Illidan, the epic set is definitively needed since it gives loads of FR and stam, allowing you to keep as many pure tanking items as possible.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Comandant » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:05 am

Worldie wrote:It's good enough since it has sockets that you can fill for stam or defence (depending on what you need).

In fact you can just tank infernals in your regular tanking set, FR would make it easier to heal but it's in no way needed for this.

And yes, should u have to tank flames on Illidan, the epic set is definitively needed since it gives loads of FR and stam, allowing you to keep as many pure tanking items as possible.

So if I manage to put together a couple pieces of Flamebane combined with my aura it should be fine? I'd like enough to make it just a bit easier on the healers but not so much to compromise my threat.

Terroar - 70 Warlock
Zeiben - 70 Druid
Marmidon - 64 Warrior

Ducimus
Comandant

Postby Jensaarai » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:16 am

I wear about 254 unbuffed FR for this fight (using the badges FR gear, it's been a year, you should have this by now >.<). My threat has been fine...they're demons so we get exorcism.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Comandant » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:26 pm

Jensaarai wrote:I wear about 254 unbuffed FR for this fight (using the badges FR gear, it's been a year, you should have this by now >.<). My threat has been fine...they're demons so we get exorcism.

Sorry, I didn't start playing this pally until a few months ago. I haven't had time to grind for the FR badge loot when the badge tanking boots and chest were my priorities.

Terroar - 70 Warlock
Zeiben - 70 Druid
Marmidon - 64 Warrior

Ducimus
Comandant

Postby Bryne » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:06 pm

Comandant wrote:Sorry, I didn't start playing this pally until a few months ago. I haven't had time to grind for the FR badge loot when the badge tanking boots and chest were my priorities.

Running Kara every week and the heroic daily every day will bring the badges in fast. If you're planning to tank FR fights at the T6 level of progression, there's really no excuse to not be working on the FR badge gear.
Bryne

Postby Comandant » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:00 am

Bryne wrote:
Comandant wrote:Sorry, I didn't start playing this pally until a few months ago. I haven't had time to grind for the FR badge loot when the badge tanking boots and chest were my priorities.

Running Kara every week and the heroic daily every day will bring the badges in fast. If you're planning to tank FR fights at the T6 level of progression, there's really no excuse to not be working on the FR badge gear.

Well sorry if my RL gets in the way of more than 4 raid nights a week, which are spent in raids. Since 2.4 is coming out, i'm saving my badges for the new tanking loot before the FR. We have warriors in the guild who play more and have time to grind that shit than I ever will.

Terroar - 70 Warlock
Zeiben - 70 Druid
Marmidon - 64 Warrior

Ducimus
Comandant

Postby Worldie » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:10 am

It ain't a big deal, with 2.4 even 25 men will drop badges :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Drak » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:48 am

I had recently gotten my full FR set this week so tried it out on anetheron. I took less fire damage, but found myself close to being oom after 3 or so infernals. I should probably just use half my set, lol.
Drak

Postby YoYoMa » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:15 am

I had a question about how the infernals spawn. I know they target a person but when they actually pop out do they pop where that person was when they were targeted or where they are at currently?

For example, if we have the targeted person start running to me will the infernal spawn on the person as they are running or back on the spot when they left. I just wanted to get the infernal out of the group.

I was just going to setup a macro anyway to target the towering infernal + exo, jor and conc as they got to me and then have ranged unleash.
YoYoMa

Postby Worldie » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:48 am

They pop where the person is currently.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby YoYoMa » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:07 pm

Worldie wrote:They pop where the person is currently.
Great, thanks Worldie!
YoYoMa

Postby Robbyneri » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:10 am

Hello.
Is it possible with my equip to Tank Anetheron himself?
Rage Winterchill was easy to Tank.
(A Warrior will tank the Infernals because he have 300 FR).
Edit: 3-4 Healers will Healing me.
PS: Sorry for the bad english.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Robbyneri
Tank because it's Fun!

Robbyneri

Postby Lieris » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:22 am

Robbyneri wrote:Hello.
Is it possible with my equip to Tank Anetheron himself?
Rage Winterchill was easy to Tank.
(A Warrior will tank the Infernals because he have 300 FR).

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Robbyneri

Yes you can. Tanking Anetheron is the easier tanking assignment (I think the infernals do more DPS on the tank even in fire resist), he's really not dangerous. Hits of about 4-5K.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Robbyneri » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:28 am

Ok.
Thanks for the Answer :D
Tank because it's Fun!

Robbyneri

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal