Heroic Gearcheck

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic Gearcheck

Postby Pharmd » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:42 am

I'm so close to being uncrushable and I really want 15 badges of justice for the epic libram, and 1 primal nether for my Boots of the Protector (have the rest). Thing is various pugs and healers are telling me I'm undergeared for heroics, we finally left BF last night after we wiped 8 times. Had similar things happen in Ramps, but i believe that was the healer, to be honest. How should I got about obtaining my badges and nether? Am I geared to do Heroics?

My armory profile:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... r&n=Freido

Thanks,

Freido

P.S. Love the site, registered today to be a part of it.
Pharmd

Postby ulushnar » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:46 am

If you love the site and read the stickies, you'll know that gearcheck threads are verboten...

...And moot in this case since I can't get your armory up. :?

This thread was the last one with useful replies on it:

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=5067

Generally if you find yourself regularly going oom halfway through a pull in a normal 5-man, then you're ready to start one of the easier Heroics, like Mechanar, Underbog and Slave Pens.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Re: Heroic Gearcheck

Postby palouf » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:10 am

Pharmd wrote:I'm so close to being uncrushable and I really want 15 badges of justice for the epic libram, and 1 primal nether for my Boots of the Protector (have the rest). Thing is various pugs and healers are telling me I'm undergeared for heroics, we finally left BF last night after we wiped 8 times. Had similar things happen in Ramps, but i believe that was the healer, to be honest. How should I got about obtaining my badges and nether? Am I geared to do Heroics?

My armory profile:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... r&n=Freido

Thanks,

Freido

P.S. Love the site, registered today to be a part of it.

You're more than ready to begin heroics and karazan...Stick at UB,SP,Mecha for the moment...
People often just see your HP pool and only that, put kings :-)
palouf

Postby Barathorn » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:24 am

Hi Pharmd,

Just 3 things really mate.

1/ 536 defense?[Over 515 defense always rings alarm bells for me personally as you dont need it that high] Perhaps you need to look at gem choices [see point 2] and enchants [see point 3].

2/ Poor gem choices, I never match for bonuses unless its +4 stam or more generally, re socket with +12 stam in places and you will be laughing

3/ +15 Block Rating Enchant on your shield would net you another 2% + towards uncrushability, not that you need it for heroics.

You are eaily good to go for heroics, if you gemmed for more stamina you would easily have @ 13k unbuffed. Just check your gear matey and cross reference it with the gear sticky threads here and you will be more than ready for Mech, SP or UB on heroic.

Regards

Barathorn
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:56 am

Defense Rating is something you don't *have* to stack past 490, but it's still the second cheapest uncrushability stat. Once you reach it, try to get rid of defense rating and block rating for dodge rating, agility(after dodge) or parry rating(after agility). Agility gives you more dodge% per point than parry rating gives you parry% per point.
Block Rating isn't avoidance but pushes off crushing blows easy easy.

As bara said, gem choices are something you shouldn't worry with unless the bonus stamina is worth 2 or more stamina per non-blue slot.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:01 am

All your stats are aweosme!......with the exception of your HP. Honestly at 12k HP *with* fortitude, I would just make sure that crowd control is used.

And I agree with what someone else said, people are probably judging how well you'll do based on your hit points.

Your avoidance and threat stats are really good. I would probably replace the two dodge gems in the shield with +12 stam gems myself. I'd also replace the defense to wrist enchant with +12 stam. That would give you roughly 500 more health and would go a long way towards solving the problem of people blaming your HP for any lack of ability.

It is what it is, even if they're wrong. Also, like someone else said make sure Kings is up on yourself when you join the group :)

Really though, your stats are perfectly fine for heroics.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Gearcheck

Postby Pharmd » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:49 am

Great info, thanks a lot guys. I will give it a go today.
Pharmd

Postby Fleetwood » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:50 am

Meh, I have about the same setup and the some of the mobs just destroy me (Coilfang Defenders, Shattered Hand Sentries to name two).

I'm uncrittable and all for heroic-level but these mobs bring the pain.
Fleetwood

Postby Blowhole » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:37 am

Fleetwood wrote:Meh, I have about the same setup and the some of the mobs just destroy me (Coilfang Defenders, Shattered Hand Sentries to name two).

I'm uncrittable and all for heroic-level but these mobs bring the pain.

That may also be the healers fault. When healing, when I first get to an instance I try to gauge how much damage the tank is taking for the first couple of pulls. But no matter what, when we fight certain mobs, Forge Patrollers, UB Giants, SV Giants, Coilfang Defenders etc... I spam big heals all day. Maybe I've been blamed for deaths one too many times, had some strings of serious spike damage or I've had too many close encounters but this is my new strat.

I don't care who the tank is, how much health they have, whatever, it's Holy Light all day. I'll cleanse off poisons and if I feel ok, I'll FoL some melee who got AoE but that's it. Seems to shore up any issues with those guys.
Blowhole

Postby Rokh » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:35 am

Botanica.. botanica ... botanica....

The easiest heroic in this entire game is Botanica.

Its a 100% clone of normal botanica (most of the mobs even hit for the same damage)

Just bring a rogue, wound poision owns.
Rokh

Botanica

Postby Pharmd » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:32 am

Ran botanica last night without a hitch, except for lock dotted wrong mob once (ooops!). But, it also helped that I talked my healer into respeccing and I hooked her up with some chants so she gained about +400 to heals. I think that was the main problem, but the advice from you guys helped much. I replaced my defensive gemmed shield with a Merciless Gladiator's Shield Wall with +18 stam chant on it, and it worked wonders.
Pharmd

Postby Fleetwood » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:11 am

Rokh wrote:Botanica.. botanica ... botanica....

Its a 100% clone of normal botanica (most of the mobs even hit for the same damage)

Yeah Bot is mad easy... the only annoying mobs are those Bloodwarder Stewards who spin around and wtfpwn everyone with arcane damage if you don't stun them.
Fleetwood

Postby Willy-Willy » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:54 pm

Sorry to barge in like that, but can I get some hints on how I can... improve some stats as I pursue a life of Heroics dusk till dawn? :) I would deeply appreciate it mates. From what I see as a problem, I should change most of the gems, and go for "one stat, major increase" instead of "two stats, minor increase", but... beyond that, I'm somewhat out of ideas. The gear is nearly the one recommended, but I still need a couple of + Def Rating gems to maintain above the 490 marker, so I can't go + Stam all the way.
'The world is grown so bad, that wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.'
Willy-Willy

Postby Arcand » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:44 pm

Rokh wrote:Its a 100% clone of normal botanica (most of the mobs even hit for the same damage)

The _______warder elves near the front who spam Wrath are not pleasant at all.
Arcand

Postby Neejo » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:27 pm

Fleetwood wrote:
Rokh wrote:Botanica.. botanica ... botanica....

Yeah Bot is mad easy... the only annoying mobs are those Bloodwarder Stewards who spin around and wtfpwn everyone with arcane damage if you don't stun them.

even easier than slave pens or what?(havent done bot heroic yet)
Ebann `Protection Paladin ` Shattered Hand - EU
Neejo

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics