Remove Advertisements

Reassure me.

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Reassure me.

Postby thejuice » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:41 am

So umm I tank everything up to Prince fine, but i've never actually been able to down him. I'm uncrushable and all that jazz, 13.2k unbuffed, but we can never kill him.

Here's how it usually goes:

I pull him to the right side next to the doorway, about 30 yards out, out of shadow nova range, while everyone else stands in the doorway.

I'm usually flasked, fooded, ironshield potted the whole fight.

An infernal lands between me and the rest of the raid, just close enough to me to hit me with the AOE.

I move out of the AOE, and out of range of the healers...welll you know the rest.

This usually happens around the end of phase 2.

So my question is, do I stay in the hellfire, and in range of the healers and take the extra ~1k per tick, or move out, and let the raid move to accomodate me?

I just kinda need some reassurance that it's not my fault.

My armory btw:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Thejuice
thejuice

Postby Jensaarai » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:54 am

Your raid shouldn't be stuck in one spot...you need to tank him inside the room, and you and your raid needs to learn to move around infernals. You can't expect to be stationary the whole fight, that's not how Prince works.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby palouf » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:40 am

Jensaarai wrote:Your raid shouldn't be stuck in one spot...you need to tank him inside the room, and you and your raid needs to learn to move around infernals. You can't expect to be stationary the whole fight, that's not how Prince works.

You can be stationary but it becomes luck matter... It's easier to have some experience with moving from a spot to spot... Just try to identify the different spots, they are not so much...
If your group is only ranged dps (or a majority), you can even cope with an infernal damage...
Another tip, bring 3 healers, at least one of them has to do Hots in case of emergency move...
palouf

Postby 2ndNin » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:48 am

Back of the area, 2 small notches, 1 for tank, 1 for dps, no infernals ever in them (though between quite often). Thats the answer to not moving, unless you want the extra challenge use them to make it easy (no knockback as your back is to a wall).
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Base » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:17 am

If you're gonna use the wall strategy just stay in the infernal - healers will have to work hard, but that's the trouble with that fight. Ranged keep nuking him, melee goes and gets a cup of coffee or throws stuff at him.

Everyone wins.
Base

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:58 am

Given it's the end of phase two, it should be easy for them to keep you up through the hellfire with just a Tree's HoT while the other healer heals through Malchezaar.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Lev » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:42 am

if you still get so much damage, that your manabar is full the whole fight, you should have another pally with skilled devotion aura in your grp. Anyway, you wipe by trying to avoid the aoe fire. But if you are using the "just farm the boss" tactics, you should just stay where you are at, maybe adjust a few yards, but let the raid stay in safe position. Melees often are not able to do any damage then, so mage certain, you do not attempt the boss with more than 3 melee DPS. In other words: take enough ranged firepower with you for this fight and let the healers handle the fire damage. It's not that much and if you have another pally for devotion, just switch to fire resistance aura.
Lev

Postby Serrot » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:42 am

Confucius say, “It is sometimes better to run quickly through an Infernal’s AoE to a safer spot near your healers, then to get too far away from both the Infernal and the healers.”

:mrgreen:
Serrot

Postby ulushnar » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:44 am

Serrot wrote:Confucius say, “It is sometimes better to run quickly through an Infernal’s AoE to a safer spot near your healers, then to get too far away from both the Infernal and the healers.”

Did that a few weeks ago. Was about 3/4 the way along the wall and an Infernal landed right beside me. I quickly girded my loins, popped a trinket and backed the prince all the way to the door.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Zhalseran » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:08 am

There isn't much you can do about infernals. Suffice it to say, if you can survive phase 2 then you can win the fight... eventually.

Personally I dislike the entire right side of the platform. I tend to go part way along the wall to the left and tank him there. The pull is a little bit trickier but its not at all hard as long as the melee isn't retarded and actually waits for you to get him back to the wall (assuming no MD). I feel like I get more room to move standing there.

There are also the wo safe spots http://flavaguild.com/images/karasafe.jpg

I personally dislike using them, but I do try to shift towards that end of the platform if the infernals are looking bad. I hate screwing over the melee but I hate wiping more. I don't think its unreasonable to have to actually move for infernals. If your healers are actually cut off from you due to infernals, someone is doing something wrong.
Zhalseran

Re: Reassure me.

Postby Sthallas » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:30 am

thejuice wrote:stuff

In the immortal words of Invisusira... Huge avatar is huge.
Sthallas

Postby sweeney » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:17 am

I keep wanting our runs to do him "proper", with moving around. But we're bringing new folks in who can't grasp Netherspite, so I'm sticking to the notches to make it easy on them.

If you stick to the wall-notch method, and things go badly, I'd probably stick in the fire and give the healers a workout. If people aren't used to moving for that fight and you call an audible and reposition, it's usually a wipe anyway.

I'd be pretty happy if they took out the "safe spots" entirely... more fun for me, anyway.
Sweeney: 80 Paladin, Runetotem
sweeney

Postby Exalt » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:54 am

That's happened to me 2 weeks in a row.

Not sure how geared your healers are, but with mine, I just stand in the infernal's aoe. Requiring extra healing tends to be easier than repositioning.... but we outgear the place a bit. 2h45m clears.
Exalt - 70 - Argent Dawn

Exalt

Return to Karazhan