Remove Advertisements

LAWL TIMES @ Eagle boss

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Cidx » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:59 am

I support the collapse onto tank strategy but I say give the boot to DBM and BigWigs for this fight... Shut off Sounds and Music High Master Volume and High Ambience... You will begin to hear the storm come in and YES you really do hear it, that usually is 5 seconds before he casts it then all people are to collapse towards the tank (stop casting you silly mages/locks) and voila you got yourself an easy take down.

I ignored the birds as it hurts DPS using SoC to kill them and can be healed through.
Cidx

Postby Borten » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:47 am

I agree i turn off sounds except for Ambient sounds and amp it to max, as soon as i hear the thunder i say "Colapse" in vent the raid colapses then once it ends i say "spread out" very effective and simple :)
Borten

Postby amadiss » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:36 am

The way we deal with the storm is by spreading around the square of tiles in the center. We REACT after the storm starts and get to the right place
by following the "RED PINKY LIGHTNING" that goes straight from the boss
to the "UMBRELLA". We do fine with storms.

However: our problem so far is getting to many eagels, we dont have a warlock, our shadowpriest seems too low on dps to killem on time. We
have no hunter. And our 2 mages didnt seem very good at it.

amadiss

Postby Borten » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:05 am

Now forgive me if you guys have just started or healing gear has not been dropping but we usualy completely ignore the eagles and keep full dps on boss healing through it all, works like a charm
Borten

Postby amadiss » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:20 am

Borten wrote:Now forgive me if you guys have just started or healing gear has not been dropping but we usualy completely ignore the eagles and keep full dps on boss healing through it all, works like a charm

Well that doesn't help much. The fact is that eagles are overwhelming us :(
amadiss

Postby Dynaheir » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:52 am

amadiss wrote:
Borten wrote:Now forgive me if you guys have just started or healing gear has not been dropping but we usualy completely ignore the eagles and keep full dps on boss healing through it all, works like a charm

I usually bring a lock and a boomkin.. 2/3 dots on each take care of them really quickly and effectively. SoC didn't work out for us, and anything with a castbar won't work. Instant dots work like a charm, try it out.
Dynaheir

Postby Zeels » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am

I support the collapse on tank strategy. Worked very well for us. Got some statics but it's not worse than getting ppls fried in the lightning.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:58 am

I did it with them collapsing on a specific melee dps(yay for triangulation), during the storm i'd collapse into them too. Never got a single static shock nor storm damage.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Nunka » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:43 pm

Cidx wrote:I support the collapse onto tank strategy but I say give the boot to DBM and BigWigs for this fight... Shut off Sounds and Music High Master Volume and High Ambience... You will begin to hear the storm come in and YES you really do hear it, that usually is 5 seconds before he casts it then all people are to collapse towards the tank (stop casting you silly mages/locks) and voila you got yourself an easy take down.

I ignored the birds as it hurts DPS using SoC to kill them and can be healed through.

Be aware that if it's raining while you fight this boss, you won't be able to call out the storms effectively. I don't think there's a way to separately turn off the ambience from weather.
Image Image
Nunka

Postby Sthallas » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:18 pm

amadiss wrote:

We've never killed an eagle add and never will. Learn to heal through it.
Sthallas

Postby easttuth » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:45 am

Nunka wrote:Be aware that if it's raining while you fight this boss, you won't be able to call out the storms effectively. I don't think there's a way to separately turn off the ambience from weather.

While this seems true initially, it actually is possible for weather (which counts as ambiance) to be discerned from the storm. The weather is about 5-10 dB louder than the onset of the storm (which replaces the weather ambiance), so you'll hear the rain get quieter just before the storm hits.

Also, I'm not sure if it was luck or otherwise, but when we went in while it was raining, after the first storm, the weather rain cleared up. Maybe lucky timing, maybe a scripting override.
easttuth

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:19 am

Any kind of rain stops after the first storm, so I just wing it with the bigwigs CD(he usually casts it at 7 secs into the cooldown) for the first one. From there you can call it effectively by ear.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby 2ndNin » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:25 am

We collapse on the tank, it means that everyone knows where to run (no looking, deciding, running and risking getting hit), and everyone takes a minimal path to the tank (you never have to run more than the distance from you to the tank as you would if someone on the opposite side gets picked).

Also melee dps and the tank never stop their dps for the duration of the fight (avenger's shield rather than holy :D) meaning that you maintain much better dps on the target (we down him in < 5mins consistently and don't overgear it, normally about 4mins 5s).

Eagles should be ignored, or if you really want to a few SoCs on the boss or a hunter multishotting occasionally takes them down fast, but since their damage is low they can normally be ignored.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:32 am

WHen they first asked me where to collapse, I said "hug Akil'zon's Butt". They never miss, and chances of me getting discharge are nil. I don't have to move(it's quite a wide range, that storm's "eye").

My latest Lawl Time was with wiping a couple times, and being seconds into the respawn timer. Gauntlet activated while we entered his Plateau.
Funtimes.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Zul'aman