Remove Advertisements

going to gruuls, not tanking, what to do

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

going to gruuls, not tanking, what to do

Postby Exabit » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:32 am

I signed up for my guild's weekly gruul's this week, I know I wont be tanking anything most likely as all of our main tanks out gear me greatly, I have yet to do the encounter and I'm asking what you guys think I should be doing during the fight?

Is there anything that I will be able to OT? I know the first boss has adds, should I step up to try and tank one of them? Or should I just bring healing gear and heal?

My guild one shots him every week and basically just does it for alts and people who still would like random gear of him, I want to go but I dont want to be a hindrance to the guild. My sig is somewhat outdated, with armory showing most recent gear (not that huge change though).

What should I be doing since I probably wont be tanking? Should I respec to holy for this encounter?
Exabit

Postby ulushnar » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:38 am

Tank an add if they need you to.

Apart from that, as an old Melee officer and Ret Paladin I used to know told me:

"Throw up Judgement of Wisdom and act cool." 8)
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Exabit » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:44 am

Haha sounds good.

I've been reading a lot and see talk about Nightfall being that I'm basically the only Tankadin main in my guild is this something I should realistically get crafted? My guild bank has literally hundreds of Lava and Fiery Cores still in the bank as well as Dark Iron left over from the old days. Would this be a good addition for places like Gruuls and SSC where I'll most likely be just tanking adds and have little to do with the actual boss?
Exabit

Postby ulushnar » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:45 am

Probably worth it if you have access to the mats.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag