Talent : Crusade

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Talent : Crusade

Postby DracAlexstrasza » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:08 am

Well, any thoughts on Crusade?

I am starting to get +hit on random pieces of tanking gear and reckoning is seeming pew pew these days... so I was thinking of picking up Crusade for the +3% damage to Humanoids, Demons, Undead and Elementals.

Anyone ever tried it?
Drac - Paladin - 70 - Alexstrasza
DracAlexstrasza

Re: Talent : Crusade

Postby kurros » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:42 am

probably worthwhile, but the 5 points required to get to t4 ret seem wasted...
Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. Go away, or I'll just start reporting you to the mods for being a troll. In exchange, I'll stop pointing out your stupid in public.
kurros

Postby DracAlexstrasza » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:49 am

kurros wrote:probably worthwhile, but the 5 points required to get to t4 ret seem wasted...

Atm I have improved judgements (which is great for using SOV and during trash) and improved seal of the crusader. Thus, I don't have to spend any more points to reach crusade.
DracAlexstrasza

Postby kurros » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:30 pm

Ah. I stay away from improved judgments because it just eventually overlaps with my holyshield cooldown, and I judge wisdom more often than crusader.
Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. Go away, or I'll just start reporting you to the mods for being a troll. In exchange, I'll stop pointing out your stupid in public.
kurros

Postby Prepared » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:17 pm

DracAlexstrasza wrote:Well, any thoughts on Crusade?

I am starting to get +hit on random pieces of tanking gear and reckoning is seeming pew pew these days... so I was thinking of picking up Crusade for the +3% damage to Humanoids, Demons, Undead and Elementals.

Anyone ever tried it?

Before they added Improved Holy Shield, I had those two points, and a third from Blessing of Kings over in Crusade. I have since reverted them, and the threat difference hasn't been very noticeable. Having equal points in 1-Handed Weapon Spec would be comparable, and not limited against certain targets (unclassified, Dragonkin, etc.)
"Judgement day's not coming soon enough."

Defense < 490 = Healing gear or Hydross gear.
Prepared

Postby DracAlexstrasza » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:04 pm

Prepared wrote:Before they added Improved Holy Shield, I had those two points, and a third from Blessing of Kings over in Crusade. I have since reverted them, and the threat difference hasn't been very noticeable. Having equal points in 1-Handed Weapon Spec would be comparable, and not limited against certain targets (unclassified, Dragonkin, etc.)

I have the points in 1-handed weapon spec, these are extra points. ^_^
DracAlexstrasza

Postby Kvaern » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:42 am

I think swapping your +hit gear out for spelldamage gear would be the better option.
Kvaern

Postby DracAlexstrasza » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:07 am

Kvaern wrote:I think swapping your +hit gear out for spelldamage gear would be the better option.

A great deal of the off set tanking pieces (necklaces, shields, etc.) from 25 mans have + hit on them.
DracAlexstrasza

Postby Prepared » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:27 am

DracAlexstrasza wrote:
Kvaern wrote:I think swapping your +hit gear out for spelldamage gear would be the better option.

A great deal of the off set tanking pieces (necklaces, shields, etc.) from 25 mans have + hit on them.

I hope by "a great deal" you mean "five pieces; three of whom are out of Black Temple".

Aldori Legacy Defender (+15)
Frayed Tether of the Drowned (+18)
Praetorian's Legguards (+18)
Myrmidon's Treads (+17)
Band of the Abyssal Lord (+21)

The sum of which might be enough epic tanking gear to build talents around, no earlier than that.
"Judgement day's not coming soon enough."

Defense < 490 = Healing gear or Hydross gear.
Prepared

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations