Druid Healers and me...

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Druid Healers and me...

Postby TheHonage » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:31 am

OK, I know, probobly not the best palce to put this, but I'm not sure where is better. So -- Druid Healers -- I've had some bad problems with them. They have trouble keeping me far more then their priest/pally/shammy counterparts (with equal +heals). Could just be poorly played druids, but im not sure. Also, a guildie refuses to use tree form, he says it means he cant cast healing touch and "makes him slow" -- is not using the tree viable? Cause he especially struggles BIG TIME keeping me up. (He is new to resto spec, but has healed gruuls/kara in it) Thanks,
TheHonage

Postby guillex » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:36 am

Tree resto droods I don't like to take along, unless I know them... Which means there are only 1 or 2 that I'll run with.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby ulushnar » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:39 am

I have a tree-specced druid healing me quite often in Heroics and she doesn't always bother with tree form. Much as you can get some decent healing going on with HoTs, sometimes when I'm AoE tanking she just needs the oomph that HT can give.

My feelings on Treeform is that it's great for raids, where you can stick them in the tank group for the aura and then have them raid heal with HoTs. Using it in situations where they're the only healer is a bit more problematic, since you're losing their big on-demand heals.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Korath » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:40 am

Tree's are my fave healer out of them all, but then I've only run heroics with guild ones which knows how to switch to HT mode when needed

.::. Karak 70 Resto Shaman .::.
.::. Sajuuk 70 Destro Warlock .::.
.::. Bentusi 60 Ret Paladin .::.
Korath

Postby Zeels » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:42 am

<3 Trees.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby TheHonage » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:55 am

yeh, well, not that it matters but my account got hacked so i cant run anything with anyone anyway. sucks.
TheHonage

Postby Jeada » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:20 pm

My alt is a tree and I can heal a 5 man easily,
But, 5 man healing is different then raid healing, as the (most times)
only healer, it requires anticapting your tank better.

Pugging with my pally is a breese, any Joker in greens can keep me alive.

I cant say that same with my tree too many times I get into a heroic
with a 8-9k hp tank. yay pugs...
Jeada

Postby Zhalseran » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:26 pm

I don't usually have any trouble with tree healers, I used to have a friend who healed pretty much everything I did, and she kept me up through my first heroic mechs when I had no right to be there. On my own resto druid, I have never really had much trouble keeping the tank up, but as my gear isn't that good it can sometimes take a lot of mana.

As for tree form vs not, its more a matter of preference and play style than anything else. On long fights tree form is invariably better, but you won't find many/any that should need it in 5-mans. Also having access to that healing touch in a tight situation can be a huge lifesaver, because HoTs are efficient and swiftmend is awesome, but healing touch is miles ahead in a pinch, especially if you actually took empowered. Although it isn't that difficult to shift as needed. I generally don't use tree for PuGs unless I know the tank is good, because I always seem to get mobs on me in PuGs because the tank sucks, and I can't run away as fast in tree >_>
Zhalseran

Postby Balerion » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:42 pm

My main is a resto druid, I've healed all the heroics with a variety of tanks.

The folks just saying "tree druids can't heal heroics" have probably just had a bad run of luck finding a decent resto druid (I know, there are plenty out there lacking experience or ability). With HOT's, Regrowth, Nature's Swiftness, and Swiftmend a druid should be fine to heal any instance. Plus, the chance to /canceform mechanics makes it pretty easy to throw in Healing Touch and not worry about losing time having to shift out of tree to cast it.

On a side note, my preferred tanks are all Protection Paladins. My HOTs combined with a paladin frontloading aggro on a seemingly infinite chain of targets means I can practically doze off while farming badges. Thus, why my alt is a tankadin :)
Balerion

Postby mazater » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:20 am

Tree healers have one advantage over other healers.

They can jump and heal at the same time, whoo-ooo. :lol:

Seriously speaking, healing and moving away from the flames at the same time can be a life saver.
mazater

Postby Balerion » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:55 am

Mazater wrote:Seriously speaking, healing and moving away from the flames at the same time can be a life saver.

Moving and healing for the win :D
Balerion

Postby Wakeman » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:52 am

I love tree healers. Never noticed problem with tree healing in Heroics. Maybe it is because my gear is too good for heroic. j/k

Seriously, tree healers are good. I love the massive HoTs. Usually the full stack of HoTs are already enough for trash. Good trees know when to throw in Healing touch during boss fights.
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby Holyhomer » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:00 am

I like watching tree's forget to click off tree form when they need to move someplace fast and getting pounded by MASSIVE DAMAGE!!!!.

Then I die :(

BUT IT WAS STILL FUNNY.
Holyhomer

Postby Catriona » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:21 am

In my last guild we had a tree that wouldn't move out of Cave-ins and yelled at people to move away from him during shatters in vent.

Of course this same tree, by self-admission, can barely keep up rolling lifeblooms on a single target.
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Resto druid heals

Postby Highlife » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:55 pm

Another "my main is a resto druid" post..

I've healed pretty much all 5-man heroics as a resto druid, can can tell ya that its all about the tank and DPS.

My druid can scramble and heal, in a pinch he can pop out and Nature Swiftness & Healing Touch, but I still spend 90% of my time in Treeform.

I've only been in two runs with a resto druid healing me as a prot pally, one was a highly successful SH run as I was gathering blue gear @ lvl 70. The other was my last Kara run with a pug. Which I'm happy to say was my first full tank and clear of Kara on my pally (it went awesome!)

It's all about how they are geared and how they play.

-Highlife, The Champaign of Beers.
Highlife

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics