Remove Advertisements

1st Heroic steamvaults boss

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

1st Heroic steamvaults boss

Postby UMIO » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:40 am

hi. the other day i was asked to tank for a guild run in H steam vaults even thou my gear is not very good ( only l epic, rest blues) i decided i would give it a go. we cleared up to the first boss including the bog giants and didn't wipe. for some reason the guild leader had this idea that you could skip boss and just do the 2nd and last boss. we cleared to the 2nd boss and killed him then went to the last boss and noticed that the door wasn't open. we went back to the 1st boss and we just couldn't kill her. the problem was that the other members just kept dying due to the lightning.

so heres my questions does resistance help with the lighting and if so what type?

also the other members of the group didn't have a lot of health so in the future should i tell them to swap out for some stam gear?
UMIO

Postby Minn » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:47 am

Nature resist helps against lightning. Another thing you can suggest is that everyone spread out. That way you don't get everyone caught in a single storm. Keep an eye on your groupmates and you can help out by cleansing the stun and lung pierce. Good luck
Minn

Postby UMIO » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:09 am

Yeah we had the group spread out quite a bit thou the healer being very focused of keeping me up because of my crap gear always got caught in the 1st or second storm.

also can u cleanse lung peirce
UMIO

Postby Nunka » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:53 am

UMIO wrote:Yeah we had the group spread out quite a bit thou the healer being very focused of keeping me up because of my crap gear always got caught in the 1st or second storm.

That's your healer's problem, not yours. If he can't move a few steps while keeping you topped off... find one who can.
Image Image
Nunka

Postby Blowhole » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:34 am

Some tips that help a little bit, or at least I've found helpful. Obviously bringing a Warlock helps a ton because they can banish one. I also swore they could fear but it's been so long since I've had a Lock in the group I can't remember.

One of the most abundant classes has a nice trick for this fight too, and that is a Hunter. Have the Hunter put his pet on "stay" halfway down the ramp going to her room. Then have him Misdirect one of the elementals to his pet. The pet can usually tank him long enough with no heals for the DPS to kill the first one. Also by bringing him down the ramp you Line of Sight his AoE frostbolts, really negating a lot of group damage right off the bat.

Then like others have said, try to cleanse Enveloping Winds and Lung Burst off of everyone and just move out of the AoE. If you want to use resistances, keep up Frost Resistance Aura until the two Elementals are down, then switch to whatever Aura you want to tank her with.
Blowhole

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:39 am

It's a healer and group positioning check.

As a tankadin, you really can just burn through the elementals and then the boss(only cc i bother using is banish because it's oh-so-perfect).
All her debuffs are nasty and cleansable, keep it ready for it'll save a lot of damage.
That's what you can do as a tank. Dps has to be smart and move out of storm, and healer must be able to handle group damage.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:09 am

Uhm ... /p When you see a huge cloud over your head, run the fuck away.

If they can't, then ... they're retarded. EoS.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Vanifae » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:30 am

We do a variation on the Hunter trick, we MD the actual boss, kill the two elementals, and then I taunt her as she comes back, and the rest is cake.

She is easily the hardest boss in the instance, though.

The last two are cake.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby guillex » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:34 am

Tank and spank, imo.

I AS her and tank an elemental. Group kills the first, then works on the second, then we kill her. I just kite when the storm drops on me.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Brickhouse » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:09 am

People (healers and dps) are responsible themselves for staying alive on this fight - no healer can realistically keep a group up that stands under the cloud, along with the tank.

If people move, as they should, then it is an easy fight =)

If they don't, then they are dumb, and your group will not succeed.

As you found out, you cannot enter the last boss, UNLESS you click the device behind bosses 1 + 2. Like already said, this is the hardest boss in this instance (unless people don't kill the tanks on the last boss - then he becomes quite hard). =)

You used to be able to click it during the fight, so that even if you wiped, you could continue to the last boss. Though, I thought this might have been changed during some patch, requiring you to kill her.
Brickhouse

Postby UMIO » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:05 am

Thanks for the tips. as for clicking the switch mid battle it can probably can be done as long as you don't take any damage. ill have to try that next time if we can't kill the first boss
UMIO

Postby Bhrimstone » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:10 pm

This is an old thread, but instead of creating a new thread for a tactic that I tried, I just figured i'd bust out the old search tool.

When pulling her, I really hate that they stand just far enough apart for the shield to be single target. Well when we had no CC, I realized i'd have to AOE tank all 3 of them, no problem right?

Then I had a clever idea (clever to me, anyway). I told the group, do nothing till I say go, I divine shielded, then body pulled the group in to position, once the gathered on me I fired a point-blank AS, dropped a cons. fired up Holy Shield then dropped the bubble.

DPS followed the elemental kill order, they were able to start right away - and I just kited the 3 around when needed to avoid clouds.

This really trivialized what used to be a tricky pull for me when no CC was available, I got several compliments on how it was handled after the fact.
Bhrimstone

Postby Pizbit » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:07 pm

Bhrimstone wrote:This is an old thread, but instead of creating a new thread for a tactic that I tried, I just figured i'd bust out the old search tool.

When pulling her, I really hate that they stand just far enough apart for the shield to be single target. Well when we had no CC, I realized i'd have to AOE tank all 3 of them, no problem right?

Then I had a clever idea (clever to me, anyway). I told the group, do nothing till I say go, I divine shielded, then body pulled the group in to position, once the gathered on me I fired a point-blank AS, dropped a cons. fired up Holy Shield then dropped the bubble.

DPS followed the elemental kill order, they were able to start right away - and I just kited the 3 around when needed to avoid clouds.

This really trivialized what used to be a tricky pull for me when no CC was available, I got several compliments on how it was handled after the fact.

...nifty idea damnit :D

With no warlock I usually: AS first kill Ele, consecrate, Judge second, switching to SoR on first while keeping consecrate and holy shield up.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Bhrimstone » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:50 am

Pizbit wrote:
Bhrimstone wrote:This is an old thread, but instead of creating a new thread for a tactic that I tried, I just figured i'd bust out the old search tool.

With no warlock I usually: AS first kill Ele, consecrate, Judge second, switching to SoR on first while keeping consecrate and holy shield up.

Thanks.
I used to do that too, but even sometimes on normal I'd screw it up and lose a mob, and frankly wasn't willing to risk that on Heroic.
Bhrimstone

Postby ldeboer » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:24 pm

Bhrimstone wrote:
Pizbit wrote:

Thanks.
I used to do that too, but even sometimes on normal I'd screw it up and lose a mob, and frankly wasn't willing to risk that on Heroic.

I always tank them all even if I have a lock so the lock can dps rather than worrying about when the banish is coming out they dont take much to kill.

Make sure party stays back from you use shield on your first add to die mark. Run in drop consecrate and judge it ... party moves in

The boss and the other add will not move off you.

Just make sure healer knows not to do anything stupid like put a HOT on you before you consecrate.
ldeboer

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics