Karazhan time record.

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Afraithe » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:37 am

Under 2 hours, badge runs with mains.
Afraithe

Postby Korath » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:04 am

Fedaykin98 wrote:Sort-of on-topic: How do you handle the Icy Tomb mobs before Opera with only one tank? Even with two, I see things go wonky and healers 1-shotted from time to time.

And how do you handle Moroes? Doesn't he Gouge/Blind you and then kill the healers?

Or are those of you advocating one tank taking a DPS warrior for those fights, or a feral druid who DPSes most of the time?

What I've found is have someone who can survive a few hits (Fury Warrior / Random druid in bear) make the pull and let them get abit of aggro and then just throw sheild, exorsim, JoR and he is straight on me, beat me for a bit and normally quickly spins, ice blocks the guy who pulled him and leaves me on him :)

.::. Karak 70 Resto Shaman .::.
.::. Sajuuk 70 Destro Warlock .::.
.::. Bentusi 60 Ret Paladin .::.
Korath

Postby sanctifico » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:53 am

Just under the 2hour mark, chain pulling with one healer 8dps. (shammy with 2100unbuffed and about 400mp5 (nerf watershield) in combat :( )

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Aina » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:42 am

Fedaykin98 wrote:Sort-of on-topic: How do you handle the Icy Tomb mobs before Opera with only one tank? Even with two, I see things go wonky and healers 1-shotted from time to time.

And how do you handle Moroes? Doesn't he Gouge/Blind you and then kill the healers?

Or are those of you advocating one tank taking a DPS warrior for those fights, or a feral druid who DPSes most of the time?

I'm not completly sure about how the Icy Tomb works, but afiak it's an aggro reduction, not a complete wipe like some people said. I go crazy on my aggro generation, and often manage to make em stick on me even when I'm cubed.

For Moroes you can use Blessing of Sacrifice on an "OT", can be a rogue or whatever. SoB also works with a tad of luck (though you're no BE). I'm pretty sure there's a thread just about solo-tanking Moroes somewhere on these boards.
Aina

Postby TheHonage » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:40 pm

damn...we do it in like 2 45 - 3 hours. Also, cause I have nowhere else to post this, I would like to thank Snakeayes for not reading.
TheHonage

Postby aureon » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:17 pm

uhm..
1h35min is the record for me atm.
party was:

Tankadin
Holydin
Spriest
Spriest
Ele sham

Ele Sham
Spriest
Spriest
Mage
Warlock

Spriest overload. that's it.
the diamond point is to have ppl that need NOTHING, neither sidegrade or offspec. so when you kill a boss enchanter take all and i start to go at next group.

trash near curator was pretty much a problem.. with earth/fire totems and shams swanging on melee gear was doable tho.
holydin was nearly afk, even during NB/Prince

was 7ppl for another guild (mostly full t6) and 3 off mine (t5/t6)
this time we're gonna try:
Tankadin
Elesham
Moonkin
Holydin
Spriest

Ench sham
BM hunt
Fury warr
Rogue (hemo)
Rogue.

will keep you informed ;)
aureon

Postby Dorvan » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:27 pm

Did a 2 hr 8 min clear on Dorvan this week (new best).....6 mains, 4 alts.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:43 am

Just did a three-hour clear, which is a best for our group. Gonna look at shaving time off that next run.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby NarfJones » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:57 am

I'm going to be running it tonight. I'm think multiple group chain pulling. Oh yeah.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

I has trick

Postby 2ndNin » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:11 am

On the guardians before the opera (ice tomb ftw), you can solo tank them without anyone else taking a hit.

What you do is have a hunter (and possibly a rogue, not tried it yet) be 2nd on aggro list, and fd (cloak of shadows) when the ice tomb hits, the guy will immediately go back to the person with highest threat (you in the tomb) and break it. Was discovered accidentally but it means that you can actually solo tank 1-2 of them easily.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby inthedrops » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:40 am

We just did a run in slightly under three hours that included a wipe/reset on Netherspite due to me somehow getting tapped by the red beam when I shouldn't have yet as well as a couple player swaps for loot drops.

It was interesting at the end of the run to realize how fast we ran it when we weren't even trying to run it fast.

I'd think we could possibly shave as much as 30 minutes off were we to not wipe and actually speed pull. Maybe someday we'll try.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Tankadon » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:57 am

1 hour and 32 minutes in a pug. no lie :P

on my main though :X
Tankadon

Postby Turkesh » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:06 pm

3 hours and we take new people go the guild needing gear plus peoples alt mixed with geared people going for badges

pretty sure if we took all geared people and i had about 40 mana pots 2 hours
Turkesh

Postby Novara » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:42 pm

about an hour and 40 minutes last night. 8 mains and 2 people paying for spots getting all the loot. Was funny to see curator down before the evocate.
Novara

Postby Catriona » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:23 am

2 hours and 2 minutes, and that was without really hurrying. Illhoof got one sacrifice (me, I bubbled), Curator didn't evocate and Spite had one portal session. What was really awesome though was the warlock in the blue beam: 3,859 DPS.

http://wowwebstats.com/6niyefn2bz3m3
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

PreviousNext

Return to Karazhan