Tricky question?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Prepared » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:17 pm

Mortehl wrote:
Prepared wrote:
Mortehl wrote:
Prepared wrote:
Mortehl wrote:The best that I can say for you is to just respec and try it. I really believe that the benefit of not getting wtfpwned because less attacks are parried is good enough reason for the talent. I wish it was a 2 or 3 point as opposed to 5.

I do, too, because I just can't justify moving any points around. I don't want to lose Redoubt/Shield Spec, or anything in my Ret tree. :\ At worst, think it may be time to drop Anticipation, since I have already over 510 defense in just about every gearset.

Drop the SoTC points and move them into WE. Really, I can't stress enough how serious getting your attacks parried is.

I would have to see what that does to my threat, because some of our DPS, quite honestly, are insane with threat.

So is mine, which is why I use wizard oil. You also need to consider what happens to your threat when you hit more often :D

Except I already use Wizard Oil, so that point is kind of moot.

I think I'll give it a try once I get the arena 2 weapon reward.
"Judgement day's not coming soon enough."

Defense < 490 = Healing gear or Hydross gear.
Prepared

Postby Candiru » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:12 am

How do you find wizard oil compared to WindFury weapon? I would think that windfury would probably have a bigger threat boost +20% from SoR and some more white damage?

I often have wrath of air and windfury weapon in situations where threat is going to be a problem, but then our guild has a lot of shammies in it.
Candiru

Postby Prepared » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:28 pm

Candiru wrote:How do you find wizard oil compared to WindFury weapon? I would think that windfury would probably have a bigger threat boost +20% from SoR and some more white damage?

I often have wrath of air and windfury weapon in situations where threat is going to be a problem, but then our guild has a lot of shammies in it.

If I have a Shaman on my party, and this is rare, odds are I'm in the caster group and am getting Wrath of Air and Flametongue instead ( unless it's an AoE pack, and then there's some other fire totem down).

Since I generally don't care about FT on bosses, I just go for Wizard Oil there.
"Judgement day's not coming soon enough."

Defense < 490 = Healing gear or Hydross gear.
Prepared

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations