Remove Advertisements

Prince bug?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Prince bug?

Postby Sampsonite » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:25 pm

Anyone else been almost topped off, like in the 90% range and Prince lands a hit that you can survive easily but somehow it kills you?

my group said it was a bug, just curious if it happened to anyone else
Sampsonite

Re: Prince bug?

Postby Catriona » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:37 pm

Sampsonite wrote:Anyone else been almost topped off, like in the 90% range and Prince lands a hit that you can survive easily but somehow it kills you?

my group said it was a bug, just curious if it happened to anyone else

You certainly aren't the only one. I watched it happen to one of our druids.
Is it possible that someone grabbed aggro momentarily and you got enfeebled before regaining it?
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby Sampsonite » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:44 pm

I'm positive that didn't happen, I had looked at the threat meter before I had gotten killed and I was #1 with around a 20k lead
Sampsonite

Postby Invisusira » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:18 pm

There is (was?) indeed a bug where, during phase transitions, the tank could get enfeebled. Do you misdirect pull? Not doing that seemed to resolve the issue for my guild.
Invisusira

Postby Sampsonite » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:35 pm

ah, I was misdirected.. cool I hope that's the only thing that causes it, thanks :P
Sampsonite

Postby Bryne » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:06 pm

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with Misdirect. If you watch Prince, he detargets you during the P1->P2 transition; I think the general theory about what's going on is that if an Enfeeble is scheduled to happen right as the phase switches, it doesn't obey the normal rules of his threat list which can end up getting you killed.

I've also had him simply run straight away from the tank on the transition, both towards me as a hunter and away from me as a paladin, when that shouldn't have happened. I chalk it up to poor coding or a difficult-to-reproduce-bug and just pull him again.
Bryne

Postby Moby » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:57 pm

This makes me wonder about something we experienced once. Our tank got enfeebled and I just assumed that someone had overtaken him in aggro... maybe that wasn't the case after all.

Funny thing is, we didn't wipe O.o

There we were, executing a completely normal prince kill, when all of a sudden our tank went EXTREMELY low on health. So of course all three healers immediately started massive heals... because we didnt realize that he was actually enfeebled. After the first heals landed we figured out what was going on and figured it was going to be a wipe any second. But it never happened... eventually the enfeeble went away and we proceeded to down him.

Later I went through the combat log (we use WWS so i had it all logged) and every single attack by prince was a miss/dodge/parry and the tank resisted the shadow nova. It was amazing. :)
Moby

Postby Sampsonite » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:17 pm

the true test of a tank, surviving enfeeble :P
Sampsonite

Postby Everlight » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:25 pm

Bryne wrote:I've also had him simply run straight away from the tank on the transition, both towards me as a hunter and away from me as a paladin, when that shouldn't have happened.

I've had him do both of these things. The Hunter thing is a FD bug that many hunters are complaining about, and as for him running away?

Maybe he had a sudden attack of common sense :P
Everlight

Postby Turkesh » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:11 pm

we had him one time after coming back in from a wipe no one could target/attack him and we all ran up next to him and walked around with him. we ended up having to go downstairs and pulling one of the fleshbeasts up to his ledge and then he became attackable
Turkesh

Postby Vanifae » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:25 pm

Invisusira wrote:There is (was?) indeed a bug where, during phase transitions, the tank could get enfeebled. Do you misdirect pull? Not doing that seemed to resolve the issue for my guild.

I had the enfeeble bug hit me about three to four weeks ago.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:28 pm

Turkesh wrote:we had him one time after coming back in from a wipe no one could target/attack him and we all ran up next to him and walked around with him. we ended up having to go downstairs and pulling one of the fleshbeasts up to his ledge and then he became attackable

Wierd, I was pretty sure they fixed that one when they made the door close. That one used to happen all the time if he got pulled into the hallway by the entrance to his area.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Zhalseran » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:40 pm

I was hit by enfeeble during a transition to phase 3 in fairly recent memory. I want to say about a month ago. First and only time I have ever personally seen it happen, but I have heard of it happening to other people.
Zhalseran

Postby Shirak » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:40 pm

I've had him just run away from me every time I tank him, even when I have a 20K threat lead, then he runs right back.
Tuberon wrote:Tanking *is* crowd control.

You run into a crowd, and proceed to control it.
Shirak

Return to Karazhan