Heroic Sethkekk Halls

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic Sethkekk Halls

Postby honorshammer » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:44 pm

How much Arcane Resist do you need to stay in for the big Arcane Explosion the last guy does?

I tried tanking Anzu the RavenGod (Druid Flight Form Quest Boss). He does a group stun, so if you are not stopped off you are taking 3k hits. I took 3 then died on the 4th before the heal hit me.
honorshammer

Postby Leidus » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:23 am

I've successfully done heroic Sethekk without any arcane resist. IMO stacking arcane resist to avoid having to run around the pillar to get away from his explosion is going to make healing a lot harder throughout the other parts of the fight. Just tank him on one side of the pillar, and when he starts his explosion run to the other side and (as long as everyone is doing this) no one will die.

For Anzu, my group's druid is feral. She puts her hybrid gear on and cat dps's until our healer has the mana-eating debuff and pops out to heal through that, as well as popping some HoTs before his AoE stun. If I remember correctly, LittleWigs (and maybe Deadly Boss Mods too?) shows a timer for his AoE stun so it's easy for the off-healer to HoT me up.

Now, keep in mind, I haven't done him since they fixed him so you can't run him into the other room and avoid all the adds. They did fix that, right?
Leidus - 80 Human Paladin // Sudiel - 80 Human Death Knight

<Fluffy Dragon> <Epic Coalition> - Cenarion Circle
Leidus

Postby honorshammer » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:58 pm

Yeah, they fixed that.
honorshammer

Postby Calindae » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:17 pm

You don't need any, although it helps for the volleys. Only problem I have for this fight are A) Teammates dying to volleys cause and B) Me getting polymorphed. As for Anzu, I found him a lot easier with the nerf. Before that, he was brutal. He still hits hard as you noticed, but your healer should be able to focus solely on healing you now that he doesn't randomly charge and sometimes attack if his swing timer is up.
Calindae

Postby Leidus » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:21 pm

Calindae wrote: Me getting polymorphed.

I had that problem in a group I went with that had a less than good priest healing. Previous runs the healer was good enough to keep everyone up and desheep me asap, but this priest wouldn't even dispel the sheep on me and it was a huge pain in the butt. So we ended up having the druid tank (which of course is immune to sheep) and I offhealed. That equalled win.
Leidus - 80 Human Paladin // Sudiel - 80 Human Death Knight

<Fluffy Dragon> <Epic Coalition> - Cenarion Circle
Leidus

Postby Calindae » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:42 pm

Leidus wrote:
Calindae wrote: Me getting polymorphed.

I had that problem in a group I went with that had a less than good priest healing. Previous runs the healer was good enough to keep everyone up and desheep me asap, but this priest wouldn't even dispel the sheep on me and it was a huge pain in the butt. So we ended up having the druid tank (which of course is immune to sheep) and I offhealed. That equalled win.

Yeah, unfortunately my group had have a doomkin and a doomkin/healing hybrid =/, no druid tanks. Now I just avoid Heroic Sethekk altogether, too annoying.
Calindae

Postby Lowgrus » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:38 am

Number one heroic setthek hallz = ez mode. Also for all you guys trying to get good shoulders there are some kick ass tanking shoulders in there. Spaulders of Dementia. No spell damage but hell I SoB tank anyways. However I also used to have problems with the last boss as well. I always bring shadowpriest to heroics. Why have a holy priest heal when you can have a resto shaman heal and you get wrath of air tremor totems for the mobs. Most of the time I bring 2 shadowpriest if possible.

For heroics group make up is everything. I take 20 minutes to make a heroic group sometimes but you know what I roll through it with minimal deaths. What I do is put a mark over my head now and just have everyone follow me. Sometimes you get those dumb fucks who can't get behind the poll you know what you do.... Let them lose durability run out reset him and rezz up and go again. They'll get the hang of it. Once they have the arcane explosion down its cake. You can taunt him 40 yd range tuant FTW. poly sux but the shadowpriest plus the holy priest if thats what you have healing should be able to handle it, btw never go to a heroic without shadowpriest. My biggest problem was the aggro whipe and I did something kind of by accident last night that helped.

I cast a holy light to heal someone up from arcane volley and such. He was agged onto me instantly. So from now on thats what I'm going to do. Also I can usually save my judgemnet and either judge him right away or shield him right away everyone should be with you following you if not its their fault for whiping you guys. and again I just run out reset it and let them lose durability.

BTW I still haven't gotten my shoulders. I've gotten all my badge gear now. And I even started getting the healing gear. Got the 41 badge healing trinket the 50 badge tanking helm etc. And now I'm getting 41 badge tanking trinket wasn't going to get it first becuase I just figrued that I would use moroes lucky pocket watch, but I figure hell why not have a better upgrade untiil I get the pocket watch.

But thats how ez heroic setthek hallz is.
Lowgrus

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics