Kalecgos

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Kalecgos

Postby fiorina » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:06 pm

Just list of palatank tips/questions (PTR version of boss from Feb-19)

- You can't taunt demon out of Kalecgos human form. However if you spam taunt macro while targeting Sathrovarr the Corruptor you actually taunt him when he turns to random person(I think it's CoA casting). Spamming is important as you hardly can react in that split second because of lag.
Save all cooldowns(Exorcism and JoR) to moment after taunt as Kalec can overaggro you pretty easy. If he do so, you have to wait for Taunt CD and another CoA cast which could be lethal for both of you.

- I've tried tanking him with mixed Arcane resist gear. It *seems* it *could* reduce number of arcane buffets stacked. But avoidance was gimped too much so I swapped back to normal gear. He hits pretty hard considering only 2-3 healers are on you.

I still don't know if AR has any effect on debuffs, because combat log is showing me miss and resist next to that spell. I've tried that during one attempt only so that could be just randomness.

I would like to hear other's experiences with AR gear or any other gimmicks :)

Edit: oh lawl,
Righteous Defense: This spell will now always be castable on friendly npcs.
Seems they noticed bug suggestion spam, hope this will work.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:59 pm

So forgive me for the question, but how important is tanking the demon? I mean, do we have to try to hold aggro on him for as much as possible, or we are just trying to hold him for those additional 5-6 seconds before Kalecgos will overaggro us?

Edit: that means we CAN taunt mobs in hyjal? \o/
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:38 pm

Worldie wrote:So forgive me for the question, but how important is tanking the demon? I mean, do we have to try to hold aggro on him for as much as possible, or we are just trying to hold him for those additional 5-6 seconds before Kalecgos will overaggro us?

it's pretty important, I think demon will kill Kalecgos during ~2-3 portal phases without a tank. Considering you have to go through let say 10-15 portals, it's a good idea to not let him tank that much
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby sanctifico » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:33 am

Tried pugging him on the PvE EU Realm... it went... erm well 70% before it went bad (co'ordination went bad, and i got left with just a druid healing me while i tanked him.)

He hit me pretty hard but he's tankable in my gear (might cause problems later into the fight...?)

The taunt fix rocks, finally i can stop those annoying taurens stunning my ghouls and keeping them :p

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Neuron » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:41 am

Hmm, so are we allowed to start discussing strategies or are we sticking to the Gurgthock suggestion of not posting strats?

I am still trying to figure out whether a forced rotation or a random rotation is better, and the right number of groups, and so forth. Right now I prefer the random, where it could be any one of 4 groups that goes first, anyone of the 3 remaining groups goes next, etc, based on the random port.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Eliane » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:01 am

Neuron wrote:Hmm, so are we allowed to start discussing strategies or are we sticking to the Gurgthock suggestion of not posting strats?

Maybe just put PTR in the topic and carry over any relevant part to a thread about the Live version?
Eliane

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:10 am

What is that "Gurgthock suggestion of not posting strats" ?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Warrender » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:13 am

Neuron wrote:Hmm, so are we allowed to start discussing strategies or are we sticking to the Gurgthock suggestion of not posting strats?

I am still trying to figure out whether a forced rotation or a random rotation is better, and the right number of groups, and so forth. Right now I prefer the random, where it could be any one of 4 groups that goes first, anyone of the 3 remaining groups goes next, etc, based on the random port.

IMO discuss strategies. If someone didn't want to read them, they wouldn't be in a forum dedicated to raid strats.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby fiorina » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:15 am

No no, let's talk about color of the boss in Strats&Info forum.

Is he blue, azure or more like deep ultramarine?
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Atreidies » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:34 am

The problem we had with random groups heading in was that it left squishies out in the AR debuff taking a load of damage only to zone in and eat a 5k shadowbolt to the face from Sathrovarr. That part though is pretty flexible, the reason we went to 5 groups on him however was to spread out the debuff stacks more evenly on the raid, so that with 5 groups you have say 5 people at a time taking 5k+ arcane ticks rather than 6 people with 4 groups. May not sound like much, but this fight is pretty healing dependant, so spreading it out after the initial 5 portals for us made a difference.

As for AR, we've been wearing our Kara AR trinkets since the kill night and we've seen fewer stacks on the raid as a whole because of it. To test it we just had one of our old AR Solarian tanks suit up and head in for one attempt, he resisted everything so we slapped on the old trinkets.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Lore » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:44 am

Yeah a little AR can go a long way, you can resist ticks of the debuff as well as resist (at least partially) the AOE pulse he does. Both result in less damage taken.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:53 am

Are you guys 100% sure with those resists? I've tried AR gear, but difference was meh... Also when debuff is applied and it's resisted I think it was showing me "miss" in combat log. So you say AoE pulse it could be partially resisted?
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:57 am

The question is, is resisting part of the debuffs/pulses worth the loss of DPS/healing power for the raid, or just tanks should wear a little AR (100ish) to just soften the work of healers in the dragon part?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:59 am

Atreides' suggestion of just wearing the Kara trinket is a good one. You don't have to fully resist everything, but resisting a tick or two of the debuff and getting a partial resist or two on the AOE pulse is a huge help if you've been up top for a while. One trinket isn't going to break anyone.

The new combat log is somewhat silly and confusing still but I'm pretty sure it's just showing full resists as misses.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:26 am

Lore wrote:Atreides' suggestion of just wearing the Kara trinket is a good one. You don't have to fully resist everything, but resisting a tick or two of the debuff and getting a partial resist or two on the AOE pulse is a huge help if you've been up top for a while. One trinket isn't going to break anyone.

The new combat log is somewhat silly and confusing still but I'm pretty sure it's just showing full resists as misses.

Well, I found there is barely any difference wearing KZ trinket only. Sometimes you got more debuffs, sometimes less. Bad thing it was not consistent with thing if you wear trinket or not.

But well, we had just couple of serious tries on him, he flew away :P
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Sunwell Plateau