Supremus Bug for pally?

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby nicolax » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:29 am

Relel wrote:It is because the pally should be Mting

And Supremus is doing that as a punishment .,.

Srsly pally tank Supremus = easy mode

i fully agree with that, pally mt = win

anyway, don't try to walk backwards to tank him at the starting point or somewhere else at every phase 1, once you move out of melee range, he starts hitting / hateful striking the ot and melee dps.

once we understood that, we just tanked him where he happened to be at every phase 1 and no problem.
nicolax

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:17 am

Devilheals wrote:Tonight myself and the warrior OT got melee'd during the kite phase which we never noticed before.

That happens if he targets you. I usually follow him during kite phase, if i get targetted i just regularly tank him for those few seconds
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Supremus

Postby tackle » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:53 am

We have had enough weird issues with melee getting killed on this fight that we run 3 or 4 people in tank gear. It's not like the enrage timer is an issue. We treat the fight like VR and everyone with hp's stands on top of each other and spams for threat. (Yes I stand in the fire for mana all the time)
tackle

Re: Supremus Bug for pally?

Postby Dianora » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:27 am

tankinpally wrote:So we are in BT, we get to Sup.....

So i have the second highest hp, so I am absorbing the lash's while a warrior Mt'd. I by far have more hp then the 3rd person, but no matter what Supremes Refused to hit me. And eventually i leave the raid cause its pointless to stay there and be ineffective cause he refuses to hit me.

Has anyone seen this before?

For us, we don't send melee into hateful range until the OT ate at least 1 hateful. After that, they're free to open up.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Dorvan » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:47 am

One odd note from a particularly messy kill last night: if there's one one person in melee range (i.e. the tank) it appears that Supremus doesn't hateful strike at all....not that I think people should bother taking no melee DPS for him :P

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Dianora » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:24 am

Dorvan wrote:One odd note from a particularly messy kill last night: if there's one one person in melee range (i.e. the tank) it appears that Supremus doesn't hateful strike at all....not that I think people should bother taking no melee DPS for him :P

That's no been our experience with big dude. If no one other than main tank in range, he will do his normal melee plus hateful on the maintank.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Dorvan » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:38 am

Nevermind, looks like you're right....it's just that the Hateful Strike was only hitting for 7k on our bear tank and got dodged a lot as well :P

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Devilheals » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:55 pm

Worldie wrote:
Devilheals wrote:Tonight myself and the warrior OT got melee'd during the kite phase which we never noticed before.

That happens if he targets you. I usually follow him during kite phase, if i get targetted i just regularly tank him for those few seconds

He wasn't gazing us...
Devilheals

Postby Jikozani » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:02 am

Had this problem as well a couple of times, where I was the melee with the highest hp yet he ignored me, but I believe it was more of a positioning bug than anything else. Running circles around him seemed to solve it.
Jikozani

Postby Afraithe » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:36 am

Had this problem sometimes, and sometimes not, kinda weird.

Might be cause you are not topped of fast enough, if he HS you, gets a parry and HS again, you might not be highest HP (your around 10k and the melee is around 10-11k).
Afraithe

Postby sanctifico » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:50 am

We make melee, declick, fort + kings and if needed remove a low stat item (neck/ring/ranged). Means theres a 3-4k buffer on the offtank, and he gets spammed with fol anyway

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Questioner » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:52 am

I've had this happen almost every other week. We put three tanks on him just to make sure our melee dps doesn't take hatefuls, and yet some weeks he just refuses to hit either of the tanks with hateful strike.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:25 am

I go in with the bear OT and we both generate threat on him; once the bear takes a HS the rest of melee moves in. I remember having issues with Patchwerk back in the day if melee moved in too quickly and displaced the HS tank on the threat list.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Splug » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:08 pm

Our kill this week featured a phase 1 where Supremus seemed to randomly cycle through all three tanks: we'd get a hateful strike, then he'd melee us for 2-3 seconds, hateful strike the next tank, melee him for 2-3 seconds, rotate to the third tank, etc. We weren't really sure who the MT was the whole time, ended up just calling damage on and rolling with weird damage on all three of us. If hateful strike adds a decent amount of threat, it may have just been that all three of us were fairly close on threat, and the threat boost from hateful pushed us over the 110% mark.

Also, I've been told that throwing rose petals from the Valentine's Day event on Supremus is worth a laugh, and felt I should share that.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Warrender » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:20 pm

Splug wrote:Our kill this week featured a phase 1 where Supremus seemed to randomly cycle through all three tanks: we'd get a hateful strike, then he'd melee us for 2-3 seconds, hateful strike the next tank, melee him for 2-3 seconds, rotate to the third tank, etc. We weren't really sure who the MT was the whole time, ended up just calling damage on and rolling with weird damage on all three of us. If hateful strike adds a decent amount of threat, it may have just been that all three of us were fairly close on threat, and the threat boost from hateful pushed us over the 110% mark.

I noticed this strange behavior as well on this week's attempt although it didn't kick in until the last phase when we were burning him down.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple