Remove Advertisements

Karazhan time record.

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Retcon » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:06 pm

We clocked in right at 2 hours, give or take a few minutes, last week. We ran a traditional protwar/feral tank combo, 2 healers, and six full-time DPS (druid would DPS for bosses).

The big thing is minimizing the effect that one AFK has on the raid. If the MT needs to go take a pee, that understandably stops things up, but if one rogue needs to heed the call of nature, that's no reason to stop.

Massively overgearing the instance also is a big factor. We had Curator hit his 15% enrage midway through his first evocate, which gives you an indication of what our DPS is like. Running with two healers also amplifies this.
Image
Retcon, 70 BE Paladin, [H] Korgath-US (PVP)
"Just another plebe in an army of giants."
Retcon
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:49 pm

Postby NarfJones » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:12 pm

Chain pull like a crazy mofo. If raid mana is over 50% you should have a mob hitting you.
User avatar
NarfJones
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:30 am

Postby mazater » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:17 pm

T4/Badge/ZA gear, 2 healers, 2 tanks, about 3h.

Only if Kara would reset as often as ZA...grrr. :evil:
User avatar
mazater
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:40 am
Location: Winland

Postby NarfJones » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:18 pm

Mazater wrote:T4/Badge/ZA gear, 2 healers, 2 tanks, about 3h.

Only if Kara would reset as often as ZA...grrr. :evil:


That would be fun pants.

And you only need 1 tank and maybe a druid.
User avatar
NarfJones
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:30 am

Postby Shadraak » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:21 pm

Shadraak wrote:OK THAT'S IT

this server will never get that good, just have 2 guilds doing BT and that's it, only 1 horde and 1 alliance and dont even think they farm anything and its soooo hard to get in there it's crazy, i'm on a PVE server uldaman been there since it started :( guess that means i should xfer? lol i have a 70 hunter (mackay) 70 mage (morganalafey) and this pally (celexan) as well as my 42 lock (etick) all on uldaman server if you wanna look them up :D



TAHT'S WHY, i dont think anyone's t6 on this whole server yet, well maybe EoA which were doin BT, but that's 1 guild on the whole server :( maybe some T4 and 5 people but not fully.....why dont some of you guys come over to this crappy server, help us progress? lol
Shadraak
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:02 pm

Postby NarfJones » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:27 pm

Shadraak wrote:

TAHT'S WHY, i dont think anyone's t6 on this whole server yet, well maybe EoA which were doin BT, but that's 1 guild on the whole server :( maybe some T4 and 5 people but not fully.....why dont some of you guys come over to this crappy server, help us progress? lol


Say that too loud and some guild will just to get server firsts.
User avatar
NarfJones
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:30 am

Postby Shadraak » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:25 pm

NarfJones wrote:
Shadraak wrote:

TAHT'S WHY, i dont think anyone's t6 on this whole server yet, well maybe EoA which were doin BT, but that's 1 guild on the whole server :( maybe some T4 and 5 people but not fully.....why dont some of you guys come over to this crappy server, help us progress? lol


Say that too loud and some guild will just to get server firsts.


well we've had alliance guild and horde guild do it already thru BT, they really don talk to anyone it's strange :( never hear anything from them but it's in the progression threads, just can't get into it

NOTE TO ANY GUILD COMING OVER:
it's uldaman server, i'm on alliance side, my list of toons are morganalafey (70 mage), Mackay (70 hunter) and soon my 70 pally celexan PLEASE INVITE ME lol i wanna see this stuff fbefore i die :(
Shadraak
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:02 pm

Postby Blowhole » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:56 pm

Shadraak wrote:
well we've had alliance guild and horde guild do it already thru BT, they really don talk to anyone it's strange :( never hear anything from them but it's in the progression threads, just can't get into it

NOTE TO ANY GUILD COMING OVER:
it's uldaman server, i'm on alliance side, my list of toons are morganalafey (70 mage), Mackay (70 hunter) and soon my 70 pally celexan PLEASE INVITE ME lol i wanna see this stuff fbefore i die :(


Just throwing this idea out there, but if you dislike the server so much, why don't you look for somewhere to transfer to? Getting an entire guild to transfer is much more difficult than 1 persons account.

A good idea might be checking the Guild Recruitment section of the main WoW forums or the recruitment section here (even though most seem to be LF post SSC, but it can't hurt). Or you could just look for a higher population server, check out the community via the forums and see who is recruiting over there. Go to the different guild's websites and start up a conversation and get to know people and the way they handle business.

The best thing about getting into a Medium to High population server, I think, is that if things don't work out with your new guild, you're not stuck without any options. You can always find groups and you can always find a new guild.

Many guilds that are doing Kara right now could benefit from someone with so many 70's. You add versatility when they need DPS but only tanks show up or vice versa. So for a newer guild you'd be more attractive than other candidates.

- Sorry to derail the thread further
User avatar
Blowhole
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:09 am

Postby Fedaykin98 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:07 pm

Sort-of on-topic: How do you handle the Icy Tomb mobs before Opera with only one tank? Even with two, I see things go wonky and healers 1-shotted from time to time.

And how do you handle Moroes? Doesn't he Gouge/Blind you and then kill the healers?

Or are those of you advocating one tank taking a DPS warrior for those fights, or a feral druid who DPSes most of the time?
Image
User avatar
Fedaykin98
 
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:13 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby guillex » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:12 pm

Fedaykin98 wrote:Sort-of on-topic: How do you handle the Icy Tomb mobs before Opera with only one tank? Even with two, I see things go wonky and healers 1-shotted from time to time.

And how do you handle Moroes? Doesn't he Gouge/Blind you and then kill the healers?

Or are those of you advocating one tank taking a DPS warrior for those fights, or a feral druid who DPSes most of the time?


Usually a furry warrior or kitty will shift/put on a shield and OT those. It's really only what, 2-3 pulls for the servants, and Moroes is almost a joke with CC.
Póg mo thóin
Image
User avatar
guillex
Moderator
 
Posts: 7490
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:32 pm
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Postby NarfJones » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:27 pm

Fedaykin98 wrote:Sort-of on-topic: How do you handle the Icy Tomb mobs before Opera with only one tank? Even with two, I see things go wonky and healers 1-shotted from time to time.

And how do you handle Moroes? Doesn't he Gouge/Blind you and then kill the healers?

Or are those of you advocating one tank taking a DPS warrior for those fights, or a feral druid who DPSes most of the time?


Either a feral druid, or a priest for shackle. A shaman with grounding totem also works, as it eats the ice block. Even if a dps dies we keep going while one healer rezzes.
User avatar
NarfJones
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:30 am

Postby Shadraak » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:29 pm

no that was a good reply thank you for your interest...

my problem is moving just 1 character is 25 dollars and if i dont like it i'm stuck there for x months...no telling if ti'll be worse or the same as here that's my only thing hard enough getting guilds saying they'll help you leave yours and we'll get it done, but xfering servers is a bit different :(
Shadraak
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:02 pm

Postby Antharas » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:33 pm

Uthadanin wrote:
Mortehl wrote:BTW We had a kara clear of 1 hour 58 minutes, 22 badges. 2 healers, 1 tank, 1 ot/dps, 6 dps.


congratulations. gotta love t6 geared people doing stuff for kicks.


we cleared in 2 hours 20sum minutes w/ 1 wipe and 1 rest using mostly badge, t4, and ZA gear

group 1:
hunter
hunter
rogue
feral druid
elemental shaman (using agil totel for other 4 ppl i think)

group 2:
me (pally MT)
holy pally (2000 unbuffed healing)
resto shaman (1700 unbuffed i think)
spriest (900+ spell dam)
lock (1300+ spell dam)

my guild only just started t5 content, i think maybe 1 of the hunters had t5 shoulders and that was it, everything else is kara, badge, or za gear


gear helps alot, but its not the only thing. knowing all the pulls, bringing the right classes, and knowing how ppl play make a huge difference.
Antharas
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:10 am

Postby mazater » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:39 pm

Shadraak wrote:no that was a good reply thank you for your interest...

my problem is moving just 1 character is 25 dollars and if i dont like it i'm stuck there for x months...no telling if ti'll be worse or the same as here that's my only thing hard enough getting guilds saying they'll help you leave yours and we'll get it done, but xfering servers is a bit different :(


Realm forums, there's usually a guild list with guild's website/forums there.
Ask around and apply to a guild wich seems nice.
If they take you in, transfer.
User avatar
mazater
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:40 am
Location: Winland

Postby Shadraak » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:51 pm

Mazater wrote:
Shadraak wrote:no that was a good reply thank you for your interest...

my problem is moving just 1 character is 25 dollars and if i dont like it i'm stuck there for x months...no telling if ti'll be worse or the same as here that's my only thing hard enough getting guilds saying they'll help you leave yours and we'll get it done, but xfering servers is a bit different :(


Realm forums, there's usually a guild list with guild's website/forums there.
Ask around and apply to a guild wich seems nice.
If they take you in, transfer.



i may it's just i've worked so hard on this server and hate to leave the ties but as it is i hav nothing to do but level up toons, then for what? they can't do anything :(

my only hope is this tank everyoen needs a tank in their guild and i can always sub in dps as i have 2 of those as well
Shadraak
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:02 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Karazhan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest