A little advice

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Uthadanin » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:46 am

Snake-Aes wrote:A bit off topic but, if you have the time to spare, try to learn the general mechanics of caster dps, melee dps, hunter dps, each kind of healer and each kind of tank. That alone makes a huge difference, and whatever else you need to know, you just have to play me.

"What do you have to handle with this?"
"I could do that or that"
"Kay, eat him with that."

I have a lvl 16 mage that is one of my time killers. Right now I'm rolling a druid alt. I know almost all of their abilities, just not what itemization = what yet.

Just waiting for our guild priest to ding 68 so we can start getting him keyed.
Uthadanin

Postby Vagrant » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:02 am

grymwulf wrote: 1 Warlock (Soaker) - stand on Moroes to get the stuns, 2nd highest aggro for Hatefull bolts from Curator

Whenever there's a dead horse race, i like to bet on either "critbytrash" or "hatefulbolt".

The bolt mechanic is not 100% known, but it is one of two things:

a) Simply hits the target with highest current health that is not on the first place in aggro list, but is on the list with more than 0 threat.

b) The Curator places a primer on first x people to enter his aggro list with more than 0 threat, and picks the one with highest current health as target for his bolt, as long as that person is not in the first place in aggro (tank).
Vagrant

Postby mazater » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:31 am

Vagrant wrote:
grymwulf wrote: 1 Warlock (Soaker) - stand on Moroes to get the stuns, 2nd highest aggro for Hatefull bolts from Curator

b) The Curator places a primer on first x people to enter his aggro list with more than 0 threat, and picks the one with highest current health as target for his bolt, as long as that person is not in the first place in aggro (tank).

According to wowwiki, the Hateful bolt hit's the second highest person on his aggro list, if and only if the person has enough health to survive the Hateful bolt, if he does not have enough health to survive the bolt, he will shoot it to the 3rd on aggro list if he has enough health.
Though, it's just a theory, not confirmed by Blizzard or anything.
mazater

Postby Pizbit » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:39 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Remember that spell miss chance on bosses is much higher than physical hit chances, it's 17%, 16% of which can be overcome. Most casters have from 4 to 10% hit from talents, too. Warlocks have nothing, and non-arcane magi have like 3% from talents, so you'll want a bit more than that.

given it's easy to attain max spell hit without *any* piece of raid gear or +hit talents, and still sustain a good amount of spell damage(800+), casters should always aim for 10%+ final spell hit. Not having it capped by Aran~ is plain silly and shouldn't happen much, if at all.

Yeah, however for starting kara we want to see that people have made an effort to get some and 5% minimum is a good roughy starting point for a casual guild. Obviously more is better and they should know their hit cap and be aiming for it for the second half of kara, but meh, they're just starting :)

*nitpick to your first line* Try dual wield, buahahaha!
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:51 pm

DIdn't check dual wield, indeed =P I thought it was something on the lines of 12%
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Pizbit » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:55 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:DIdn't check dual wield, indeed =P I thought it was something on the lines of 12%

It's one of the reasons I'll probably never resurrect my rogue, the idea of getting that much +hit scares me.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Previous

Return to Karazhan