Tankadin's Guide to Sunwell Plateau

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Atreidies » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:31 am

NarfJones wrote:
Atreidies wrote:
NarfJones wrote:WTB your UI

Not quite mine, I just didn't take the time to take an SS of Kalecgos, I died tanking on Davia at 2% on the left screen while spamming Holy Light on the right on Atreidies.

Draxyl's UI can be found here"
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 56&sid=1#4

No longer a valid link :(

Oh, right, almost forgot about that. Moved hosts on our site a few weeks ago and user_uploads hasn't been migrated yet. Give it a week or two OR logon Turalyon and bug Draxyl for it.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby NarfJones » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:39 am

Atreidies wrote:
NarfJones wrote:
Atreidies wrote:
NarfJones wrote:WTB your UI

Not quite mine, I just didn't take the time to take an SS of Kalecgos, I died tanking on Davia at 2% on the left screen while spamming Holy Light on the right on Atreidies.

Draxyl's UI can be found here"
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 56&sid=1#4

No longer a valid link :(

Oh, right, almost forgot about that. Moved hosts on our site a few weeks ago and user_uploads hasn't been migrated yet. Give it a week or two OR logon Turalyon and bug Draxyl for it.

Not a big fan of creating a character to logon and bug someone. I could also give you the info for my ftp and you could upload it. *wink* *wink*
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby fiorina » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:06 pm

Finally EU PTR instance was up and lag below 1k, so we did first shot on Kalycgos. Few hints:

- Paladin should start tanking, as he can clear arcane debuffs to make it easier for healers. This is not 100% necessary as it's good to save bubble for Demon tanking. I am not sure if AR or -spellhit affects buffets, doesn't look like too much. I will confirm tomorrow with full AR gear.

- we can't taunt Demon in Inner Veil which sux. Current workaround is either taunt from previous tank(not always available) or spam taunt button when he is looking to someone while casting <-- taunt will work. Report this as a "bug" using Blizzard feedback tool

- bring 9 Full Tier6 healers and 2-3 shadowpriests if you want easy kill. It's very healing intensive fight.

Other than that, no gimmicks, he should be down tomorrow with more healers.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Ossuary » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:26 pm

Downed Brutalis last night. Was pretty Clutch and we got him 1 second before enrage. went with a 2 tank strategy and an asston of dps.

Too bad other healers blow who Xfered and i gotta fill in!

- To clarify, he does a "Stomp" that reduces armor of the tank by 50% which caugh us by surprise (MT hit for 27k dmg in .66 seconds)
Last edited by Ossuary on Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ossuary

Postby Atreidies » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:34 pm

Yeah, 2 tanks, 3 groups and at least 5 grounding totems is the way to go for the Brutallus 3.0. Enrage timer is definitely steeper but not undoable by any means. He DEFINITELY seemed to hit harder in v3.0 than 1.0 though; I don't think we saw the Stomp debuff once on our 4 attempts + kill on v1.0, but it was nasty this time around.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Lore » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:48 am

Out of curiousity, what group/phase rotation setups have you guys been using on Kal?
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Atreidies » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:01 am

Atreidies wrote:We had 3 tanks and 5 groups for portals. Tanks were staggered, feral stealths in and pops bear to position Kalecgos, giving the raid an easier time getting set, first portal that pops I head in, wait for 2 healers in my group, then taunt and tank Sathrovarr. The 2nd portal group heads in as soon as it spawns, when the 3rd hits that's when our 2nd prot warrior heads in, taunts Sathrovarr off me with about 5 seconds left before I get ported, when I'm back up top I taunt Kalecgos off the feral and he takes the 6th portal to taunt off the prot warrior I left down in demon land. Once you get the tank rotation down, which is staggered seperate from the other 5 groups since we need to skip a portal to keep it uniform, the rest is easy.

It is very possible to have your rotation messed up by having a tank portalled outside the rotation, but it's easy enough to correct by just letting the other tanks/healers know that they need to wait one or go one early. Same thing with tank healers that get ported and can't land the rotation anymore, you simply don't taunt Sathrovarr until you have enough raid healers with you to make up for it.

Something I didn't mention was, almost the entire raid had their Karazhan AR trinket equipped, it made enough of a difference on it's own to warrant it's use. Group 5, that has to wait the longest, also needs to not be too squishy or needs to be able to handle themselves, ie Iceblock off the debuffs, etc. They have to take alot of damage before their first portal, but after they get in they wait the same rotation as everyone else.
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby fiorina » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:09 am

Lore wrote:Out of curiousity, what group/phase rotation setups have you guys been using on Kal?

that's version 1.0

http://etilair.autocech.cz/junk/hidden/ ... tation.png

Sorry for weird language. Brown field: Zoning into portal Lighter color: Debuff from Inner veil. 5 groups, always tank + 3 healers + DPS as needed

We realized it's prone to random crap with just 7 healers we had, but we still managed to almost kill it, so today we are going to try with 9.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:35 am

Atreidies wrote:
Atreidies wrote:We had 3 tanks and 5 groups for portals. Tanks were staggered, feral stealths in and pops bear to position Kalecgos, giving the raid an easier time getting set, first portal that pops I head in, wait for 2 healers in my group, then taunt and tank Sathrovarr. The 2nd portal group heads in as soon as it spawns, when the 3rd hits that's when our 2nd prot warrior heads in, taunts Sathrovarr off me with about 5 seconds left before I get ported, when I'm back up top I taunt Kalecgos off the feral and he takes the 6th portal to taunt off the prot warrior I left down in demon land. Once you get the tank rotation down, which is staggered seperate from the other 5 groups since we need to skip a portal to keep it uniform, the rest is easy.

It is very possible to have your rotation messed up by having a tank portalled outside the rotation, but it's easy enough to correct by just letting the other tanks/healers know that they need to wait one or go one early. Same thing with tank healers that get ported and can't land the rotation anymore, you simply don't taunt Sathrovarr until you have enough raid healers with you to make up for it.

Something I didn't mention was, almost the entire raid had their Karazhan AR trinket equipped, it made enough of a difference on it's own to warrant it's use. Group 5, that has to wait the longest, also needs to not be too squishy or needs to be able to handle themselves, ie Iceblock off the debuffs, etc. They have to take alot of damage before their first portal, but after they get in they wait the same rotation as everyone else.

Man that's so simple it just might work.

EDIT: Regarding Arcane resist, yeah I noticed even with my measly +5 from blood elf racial, on some attempts I was seeing 2-3 fewer debuffs than other people before I took a port.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Neuron » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:13 pm

I think 4 is a good enough number, proably works the same way as 5. 4 groups, one group taking each portal.

I really like separating out the tanks from the groups, that makes perfect sense.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Mínas » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:07 am

At Kalecgos we had much problems with not spawning portals. The reason was, that we were using 4 groups. The last tank used portal 4, together with the last group. So there was no guy without a debuff - portal 5 didn´t spawn. Since last week we always have a rogue waiting for portal 5, to assure the spawn. This problem took us 2 raid days though we killed him the week before.
Mínas

Postby Eliane » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:36 am

We're using 3 tanks, going in with portal 1, 3 and 5. After the 5th we take the next one that spawns once we've been taunted off of.

The rest of the raid is divided into 4 groups each taking a specific portal depending on who gets ported (i.e. your group). When the 5th portal spawns one out of two assigned healers follows the tank in.

This works for us.
Eliane

Postby Lore » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:20 am

Mínas wrote:At Kalecgos we had much problems with not spawning portals. The reason was, that we were using 4 groups. The last tank used portal 4, together with the last group. So there was no guy without a debuff - portal 5 didn´t spawn. Since last week we always have a rogue waiting for portal 5, to assure the spawn. This problem took us 2 raid days though we killed him the week before.

If no one has a debuff it doesn't much matter if a portal spawns or not.
Lore
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Sunwell Plateau