Supremus Bug for pally?

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Supremus Bug for pally?

Postby tankinpally » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:39 pm

So we are in BT, we get to Sup.....

So i have the second highest hp, so I am absorbing the lash's while a warrior Mt'd. I by far have more hp then the 3rd person, but no matter what Supremes Refused to hit me. And eventually i leave the raid cause its pointless to stay there and be ineffective cause he refuses to hit me.

Has anyone seen this before?
tankinpally

Postby Aalryn » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:49 pm

I've never had a problem with him not hitting me unless I went too low on the agro list. You still have to fight to keep high on the agro list or he won't hit you. Sure his hateful strike does give you agro, but not enough.

but you left the raid? like bubble hearth style? Cause seriously... wow. sounds like a temper tantrum.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby tankinpally » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:52 pm

nah hem wouldn't hit me, so i got someone else in and left cause it was killing people. no point in holding up an entire raid cause of an obvious problem lol
tankinpally

Postby fiorina » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:55 pm

It's like old brother Patchwerk. Make some snap threat, establish HS rotation, let melee do damage.
Same as Patchwerk HS could be overaggroed, you have to keepsome level of threat on Supremus.

Next time instead of leaving the raid and going to cut yourself, try to study some guides or stop for a while and think how fight mechanic works
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Aalryn » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:55 pm

Yea get in there. blow wings, avenger shield, exorcism, JoR, consecrate and do everything you can to increase your threat. If your not #2 threat when the first few are hitting you, your not going to get the rest. If mana starts to be an issue, stand in the fire.

It's not just high hp that he targets, it's high threat also. Basically he looks at the top few people on his threat and smacks the one with the highest hp. The smack itself adds to your overall threat, so it helps you stay high.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:07 pm

You have to be somewhere in the list, definitively no need to be second, but you need a minimum threat to be targetted by HS.

Erm however, watch out with wings+burst threat, u don't really want to overaggro the main tank... or well, u might want since a paladin is way more effective as MT here :>
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby tankinpally » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:09 pm

i didn't leave the raid cause i was upset, we did to attempts we wanted to speed clear, so there was no point in sitting there wiping. But i was a bit worried about over threating the MT at the start may of been to cautious.

meh what ever will try again next week rofl
tankinpally

Postby Cadberri » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:00 am

My main's guild's tankadin was having the same problem last night though. He was second on the aggro list according to the raid's omen, but he kept hitting a DPS warrior with 4k less health than the tankadin. We couldn't figure out what was going on...
Cadberri

Postby Relel » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:31 am

It is because the pally should be Mting

And Supremus is doing that as a punishment .,.

Srsly pally tank Supremus = easy mode
Relel

Postby Cadberri » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:11 pm

My guild is scared of pally MTs. Luckily when we do alt raids, they let me MT.

Old school guild FTL...
Cadberri

Postby Jensaarai » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:15 pm

Cadberri wrote:My guild is scared of pally MTs. Luckily when we do alt raids, they let me MT.

Old school guild FTL...

Your guild is dumb and needs to l2p.

Seriously it's all game mechanics.

Anyway, now that I've gotten that off my chest, you should MT, and warriors/druids OT (they have higher HP anyway, right?!). If they just won't let you MT, 1) they're retarded, 2) try your best to stay up on the threat meter.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Gerilith » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:03 pm

Another point (don't know if mentioned) is, that you have to get in meleerange before the other melees - at least at the beginning. Otherwise you will not appear in the "hateful list".
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Morganim » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:26 pm

Last week i had almost the opposite to this happen

kinda of like
9k hatefull
4k melee
10k hatefull

this happened twice, once at about 80% and got a bres and once at 6%. He was also constantly hateful then meleeing me so id take 13-15k dmg in one go.
Morganim

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:29 pm

He actually sometimes has some odd behiavour with one of our warriors, sometimes he "insists" hurtfuling him... he gets HS, parry, another HS, dodge, another HS... until he menages to hit him.

Once that warrior had so many avoided hits that i thought i had lost aggro since Supremus was keeping targetting him.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Devilheals » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:47 am

Tonight myself and the warrior OT got melee'd during the kite phase which we never noticed before.
Devilheals

Next

Return to Black Temple