Remove Advertisements

@Mondays

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:24 am

I like Wednesday, okay? >.>
When it's a holiday <.<
yay for banked hours making 5-day weekends.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:27 am

Caelia wrote:ouch and LOL. i over slept, missed my bus. Had to drive past it to catch it at a later stop. Tuesdays suck just as much as mondays.

Uhm... Does anyone else see the flawed logic in this?
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Robbo » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:34 am

Guillex wrote:
Caelia wrote:ouch and LOL. i over slept, missed my bus. Had to drive past it to catch it at a later stop. Tuesdays suck just as much as mondays.

The tuesdays sucking anyway part? or the driving past the bus part?
Robbo
Maintankadonor

Postby Thesupreme » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:41 am

Robbo wrote:
Guillex wrote:

Tuesday can possibly be the worst day of the week. I mean.. unless you are swedish :)

Lemme tell you a bit about a nice thing we have in Sweden called "Squeeze Days" (Directly translated) Basically it works like this.. assume we have a holiday on a.. thursday for example.. Then the Squeeze thing comes to effect. You basically take the friday off.

I was going somewhere with this, but then something made me go re-park my snow-mobile so I lost it.

Now I'm just gonna gloat.
/gloat
Superman tanks all!

Thesupreme - 70 - Al'Akir - I aint no superman
Thesupreme

Postby NarfJones » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:43 am

Tuesdays are my friday. As wednesday and thursday are my weekend, I don't mind tuesdays so much.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Annabelle » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:43 am

Robbo wrote:
Guillex wrote:

the driving past the stop, why would one drive to a bus stop when one is already driving ?
Keep your friends close and your curly fries even closer.
Annabelle

Postby guillex » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:45 am

Annabelle wrote:
Robbo wrote:
Guillex wrote:

the driving past the stop, why would one drive to a bus stop when one is already driving ?

This.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby NarfJones » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:45 am

Guillex wrote:
Annabelle wrote:
Robbo wrote:
Guillex wrote:

This.

To save gas money and the environment.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:48 am

Thesupreme wrote:
Robbo wrote:
Guillex wrote:

Tuesday can possibly be the worst day of the week. I mean.. unless you are swedish :)

Lemme tell you a bit about a nice thing we have in Sweden called "Squeeze Days" (Directly translated) Basically it works like this.. assume we have a holiday on a.. thursday for example.. Then the Squeeze thing comes to effect. You basically take the friday off.

I was going somewhere with this, but then something made me go re-park my snow-mobile so I lost it.

Now I'm just gonna gloat.
/gloat

Gloat away while you pay £7 a pint.

:)
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby guillex » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:51 am

NarfJones wrote:
Guillex wrote:
Annabelle wrote:
Robbo wrote:
Guillex wrote:

This.

So, hold on ... You want to save the environment ... yet ... instead of just staying at an optimal RPM for the engine to work, you wasted gas starting your car, wasted gas getting it moving, and wasted gas when you turned if off... Which, in turn, polluted the environment.

I would've just taken my damned car into work in that case ... lol ... Odd cookie.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby NarfJones » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:53 am

Guillex wrote:
NarfJones wrote:
Guillex wrote:
Annabelle wrote:
Robbo wrote:
Guillex wrote:

This.

So, hold on ... You want to save the environment ... yet ... instead of just staying at an optimal RPM for the engine to work, you wasted gas starting your car, wasted gas getting it moving, and wasted gas when you turned if off... Which, in turn, polluted the environment.

I would've just taken my damned car into work in that case ... lol ... Odd cookie.

contrary to popular belief, a car does not use extra gas to start or shutdown. Plus it's all dependent on how far work was from the second bus stop.

I, personally, would have just called off work.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:55 am

The amount of gas that you expend going from standing still to motion is, from what I've been told and seen in cars that have that sort of information displayed, exponentially larger than what you would be expending rolling at 2.5-3k RPMs.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Annabelle » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:57 am

NarfJones wrote:
Guillex wrote:
NarfJones wrote:
Guillex wrote:
Annabelle wrote:
Robbo wrote:
Guillex wrote:

This.

contrary to popular belief, a car does not use extra gas to start or shutdown. Plus it's all dependent on how far work was from the second bus stop.

I, personally, would have just called off work.

Yay, massive quotes going on now

I'm wondering if there is parking at each bus stop or if he would just park on the street ?

I woulda just said fuck it and drove to work as well, always much faster than a bus that stops many times.
Keep your friends close and your curly fries even closer.
Annabelle

Postby NarfJones » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:58 am

Guillex wrote:The amount of gas that you expend going from standing still to motion is, from what I've been told and seen in cars that have that sort of information displayed, exponentially larger than what you would be expending rolling at 2.5-3k RPMs.

Incorrect. It's all in revolutions per minute. The lower the gear, the less speed for the same amount of gas. So, yes, when starting out you are being less efficient with your fuel, but theres no exponential liter per revolution decrease as you speed up.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Robbo » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:58 am

oh LOL!

I just figured it out, He has to ride the Magic School Bus.

I mean, that's totally the only reason I can think of to make sure you get your bus.
Robbo
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum