My gear and The Botanica

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Vash » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:06 pm

Thanks^^I dont think shammys can dispell magic effects on friendly targets,only enemies.Now that I know that she could of dispelled it makes me annoyed,still at least I know which healers I can let up on,a bit of advice about the adds that she summons,do I just concecrate and AOE tank them too?And do the dps burn 'em down?As it would seem a heavy load for a healer to heal me through all that.
Vash

Postby Nobot » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:02 pm

Vash wrote:a bit of advice about the adds that she summons,do I just concecrate and AOE tank them too?And do the dps burn 'em down?As it would seem a heavy load for a healer to heal me through all that.

I usually AoE tank the adds. If you have an AoE fear available it can help make the fight easier, but don't be surprised when the mobs decide to chase down your healer once their trip is over.
Nobot

Postby Lalecize » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:22 pm

Nobot wrote:
Vash wrote:a bit of advice about the adds that she summons,do I just concecrate and AOE tank them too?And do the dps burn 'em down?As it would seem a heavy load for a healer to heal me through all that.

I usually AoE tank the adds. If you have an AoE fear available it can help make the fight easier, but don't be surprised when the mobs decide to chase down your healer once their trip is over.

If ur dps is high enough u can down the first boss before they summon ads and avoid them alltogether!
Lalecize

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:05 pm

Lalecize wrote:
Nobot wrote:

If ur dps is high enough u can down the first boss before they summon ads and avoid them alltogether!

Yup =D If everyone does 600~ dps you should down her in about a minute. No adds.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Metrodin » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:48 pm

Rokh wrote:The 1st boss of heroic botanica casts a Debuff every 2-3 seconds that increases all damage taken by 1000 arcane damage.. and it stacks indefinatly.

If you were not dispelling this then at 10-15% you prolly were taking 10,000 bonus arcan damage per hit..

Sweet thing about being a paladin tank is just spam cleanse and your golden..

Heroics are easy if you know the tricks :)

and IMO heroic botanica is the easiest heroic in the game bar none.
If all your DPS has their free welfair epics, you can get your 5 badges in about 40min

I've got to agree. The Greenskeepers had always put me off in the past, bad groups had caused failures that made me nervous.
Then last night we got past them and my group literally saying 'wtf? is this heroic?'
At worst, most mobs were hitting maybe 10-20% harder than normal difficulty instead of the usual 50-100%

Dispelling the arcane debuff is key she casts it like crazy on heroic difficulty
Metrodin

Postby mazater » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:34 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Priests...not sure about shaman, and druids are stuck with curses.

Shamans can Dispell Poison and Disease.
And Druids aren't stuck with only curses, they can also dispell poison & disease effects
mazater

Postby Wildstyle » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:15 am

Mazater wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:Priests...not sure about shaman, and druids are stuck with curses.

Shamans can Dispell Poison and Disease.
And Druids aren't stuck with only curses, they can also dispell poison & disease effects

Not quite, druids can't cure deseases ;p

Anyways, whenever I die in a situation where I feel I shouldn't have I check my combat log, and 9 out of 10 times I will only see Flash of Light/ Flash Heal/ Lesser Healing wave. Usually when this happens I tend to ask the healer (in a friendly manner) whether he could make more frequent use of his/her greater heals.

I have tanked heroic botanica loads of times, at the start with worse gear than you (and worse geared healers) and I never have any problems. Infact botanica is my favourite badge farming run, as you gain 5 badges and it's quite easy.
So just go again with a healer you trust and you should do fine.
Wildstyle

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:17 am

Wildstyle wrote:So just go again with a healer you trust and you should do fine.

Since the nerf, I always pull all three packs of fear shriekers at once.

gg 4000 dps magi
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Taoden » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:47 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Wildstyle wrote:So just go again with a healer you trust and you should do fine.

Since the nerf, I always pull all three packs of fear shriekers at once.

gg 4000 dps magi

I love that room!

Also, to the OP: I'm pretty sure I was AE tanking heroic Botanica and "accidentally" pulling 2 packs at once by the time I was around your gear level. As long as you are smart about marking which mobs to kill first, and the rest of your group isn't terrible, you should do fine. The stewards can be dangerous due to AE and the greenkeepers can do a decent amount of DPS. Almost everything else is a complete joke though.

For the first boss, cleansing the debuff is important and if you have to do it yourself, just try to work all your cooldowns in close to each other and them chain spam cleanse. I've always managed to have excellent DPS for this place so I've never had to fight her adds on heroic but I know they do an attack that is arcane damage too and even on normal they can kill you quickly if you let that debuff get stacked too high.
Taoden

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics