Remove Advertisements

Heroics

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroics

Postby Vedelin » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:33 pm

This isnt really a post about "Am I ready", but moreso, at the gear level I am at, what heroic can I really pull off? I tried H SH and got my but whooped..Mech was -decent- until the Robots with the charged fist..they just owned me hardcore.

I wish I had more Block raiting, but I really dunno what else I can get. Trying to save up for the badge boots probably.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Vedelin

thats my armory link. I really wish I had more HP, but I dunno where else I can pick up alot of HP right now. Any thoughts on what heroics I can farm for badges/gear?
Vedelin

Postby Jeada » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:17 pm

You Look Fine for starting heroics, stick to the easy ones.

Run them on normal till you know them in and out like the back of your hand.

SP, UB, Mech, and BF were all easy for me. Just make sure you know what
Mobs do in w/e instance your in and know how your PARTY can deal with it.
Jeada

Postby Nobot » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:20 pm

UB is, by far, the easiest heroic. It's pretty much the only heroic where I feel comfortable not bringing CC. I can easily AoE tank the whole dungeon.

SP is easy-ish also. Make sure you bring at least 1 (prefer 2) CC and a strong healer for the bosses.

Ramparts is also fairly easy. You can get away with 1 CC. Make sure you have everyone nuke the mana-burn adds on the 2nd boss.

SH is rough on healers (and patience, since most folks only run it for the Trial). Mech is easier if you take an interrupt (prefer elemental shaman for Earthshock on the Charged Fist).
Nobot

Re: Heroics

Postby Nobot » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:40 pm

Vedelin wrote:thats my armory link. I really wish I had more HP, but I dunno where else I can pick up alot of HP right now. Any thoughts on what heroics I can farm for badges/gear?

Finally Armory is back up!

Some thoughts on your gear:
Farm reg Shattered Halls for the Figurine of the Colossus, get rid of Bladefist's Breadth.

Replace your non-stam gems with stam gems.

Finish making your engy hat. That thing just rocks.
Nobot

Postby Uthadanin » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:31 am

Nobot wrote:
Ramparts is also fairly easy. You can get away with 1 CC. Make sure you have everyone nuke the mana-burn adds on the 2nd boss.

Absolutely love this guy on heroic, lock enslave's pets and mana taps boss. of course he can only mana tap for soo much so than he sends them into a dropped ice trap b4 grabbing another.

Its the final boss in ramps that I have trouble with ( my dps gets killed way to fast).
Uthadanin

Postby Wildstyle » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:34 am

Uthadanin wrote:
Its the final boss in ramps that I have trouble with ( my dps gets killed way to fast).

Raiding is hard. Sometimes there is fire. You have to not be in the fire

;p

@ OP: Your gear is easily good enough for heroics, as in you should be able to tank any heroic. Although some will be easier than others.

About the robots in Mech; getyour dps to interrupt those casts (use hoj when u see they missed one). Also give botanica a try, it's quite easy and gives five badges (and ofc the other easy ones that have been mentioned)

Actually Block rating won't help you much in heroics unless you have alot of blockvalue in terms of mitigation, especially on single mob/ boss pulls. I'd advocate getting morfe hp/avoidance if you want to improve your heroic performance. You don't need to wrry about uncrushability in heroics as the highest lvl mobs are 72 (ie can't crush you) so you are free to stack stamina.
Wildstyle

Postby sucellus » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:29 am

Uthadanin wrote:
Nobot wrote:

Absolutely love this guy on heroic, lock enslave's pets and mana taps boss. of course he can only mana tap for soo much so than he sends them into a dropped ice trap b4 grabbing another.

Your tanking with the dragon's back to the party right? :-) I think the ground fire does more damage in heroic as well so where in normal you might get away with being a bit slow, clothies need to move out of it smartish. Fire res aura ftw.
sucellus

Postby grymwulf » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:33 am

For ramps positioning is key. Burst DPS the rider to ensure you keep aggro when you switch to the dragon. Ensure you keep the dragon faced away from the group, and have everyone spread out so no two people get caught by the same firebomb. Also, every time he breathes on you, move slightly to get out of the fire that is left on the ground.
grymwulf

Postby Vedelin » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:34 am

Thank you all for the replies..making my Engi helm today hopefully.
Vedelin

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics