Remove Advertisements

Bubble pulling the gauntlet

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Bubble pulling the gauntlet

Postby Magnusharkov » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:42 am

Just wondering if anyone has tried bubble pulling the entire eagle gauntlet? I was thinking about it earlier and was wondering whether it might actually be a valid strategy.

Basic idea would be to mount up, run to the top of the ramp, turn on bubble, run up to the end mob, get a couple of seconds of consecrate threat up and then get some crazy heals and aoe queued up for when your bubble wears off. Obviously if anyone touched any abilities while your bubble was on you would be screwed. Also a pre casted pom or earthshield would be handy.
Magnusharkov

Postby Asterix » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:14 am

This sounds like it'd be fun to try but I doubt my normal group would risk missing the chest reward if it didn't work. If anyone else knows I'd be interested though.
Asterix

Postby Kellann » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:54 am

Unless you stack a lot of AE or have some reliable way to interrupt all the heals (BE racial?) you're asking for one of those situations where you suffer a slow grinding death.

Is it impossible? Nah - but you would have to outgear the place a bit.

I learned to bubble-pull way back in MC days, and have made good use of it since then (breaking in new groups to the idea ever since)...but its MOST common/useful place is gathering a spread out group of ranged/caster mobs.

Think of the pull right by Illhoof's bookcase, 3 orc casters + 3 imp casters. I have pretty much always pulled that by "OK, nobody push any buttons for a bit" bubble->run in->consec->pause-> "alright, start healing me"->drop bubble.

It's a great gathering method when LoS can't be easily used or is sloppy/slow.

If only I could convince our MT that the SSC naga trash packs (at the very least) would pull cleaner like that - IOW me pulling, rather than trying to pick up my 2-4 mobs without consecrating sheep or stealing mobs from the other tank(s).

/sigh
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Postby Taeron » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:30 am

Not to completely derail this thread but in all seriousness, how many of the dual guards do you usually pull before you stop? I find myself struggling with mana usually so I was wondering if it's okey to just ride up the slope and pick up 2 groups (4 trolls) and then tank those along with birds & "They came from - behind" pairs.

Or does that trigger any insane add incomes?
Taeron

Postby Magnusharkov » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:19 am

riding up the slope and tanking 4 at once is very doable. I've 'accidentally' grabbed 6 here before and it was still fine. The birds don't hit plate for very much so I dont think its worth worrying about.
Magnusharkov

Postby enbee » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:58 am

Just make sure the healing mobs have someone interupting them each and its fine.
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby bubblecannon » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:20 am

I quite regularly pick up 6 melee + half a dozen birds on the gauntlet and it's quite comfortable. IMHO run with a heavy block set. Mine is around 750 BV, 85% passive miss/parry/dodge/block, so with devotion + holy shield it's all blocks and you're taking bugger all damage.

Just run backwards and concsecrate spam. Get a hunter to MD pull the boss down to you and get your rear tank to pickup the casters (usually only 1 or 2).

We DPS down casters first, then just massive AoE spam the adds+birds. With BoSanc, ret aura, holy shield and consecrate I'm getting an insane amount of threat on the adds.
* Our lock + mage are literally just spamming SoC/Flamestrike.
* Shadow priest goes on the boss
* rogue flurry ftw
* hunter just multi-shots + dps boss + volley when bored

Can usually clear the gauntlet in 2 minutes or so with this strat.

P.S. I also use the block-heal trinket (always forget its name) once I've got all the adds on me to help out the healers. With 6+ adds, boss + a few birds, that's a crap load of blocks. Also use the autoblocker to increase my BV by 200 once I hit about 50% health.
bubblecannon

Postby easttuth » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:16 am

My group typically pulls one pack, kills the healer. Pulls the next pack, kills the healer.

Repeat all the way up to the top. When we engage the tempest, we have 5 melee on the MT, and usually have spawned only two bird packs and one pack from behind.

Never tried bubble-pulling. I imagine the healers would slow things down a bit, but not make it undoable.
easttuth

Postby kywirelessguy » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:44 am

I like to wait on the caster to go down before pulling the next group, Once I have the last set of 2 before the big guy I have the rear guard tank snag him while I move to the back of raid and pick up any of the stragglers from the back.

I just found trying to tank a pack or two of birds and 3 or 4 of the guardians plus the tempest is too much, so I have the other tank grab him while I keep the mass of mobs busy.
kywirelessguy

Postby Hankthetank » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:33 pm

Kellann wrote:Unless you stack a lot of AE or have some reliable way to interrupt all the heals (BE racial?) you're asking for one of those situations where you suffer a slow grinding death.

On a minor sidetrack, I once pulled the entire Zul'Ferrak dungeon in one pull, and gathered them up at the front entrance to AOE down. After about 5 minutes of them beating on me, I realized I hadn't killed a single one and zoned out. When I zoned back in I noticed they drop healing totems, as there was a line of about 50 of the totems on the path back into the dungeon.

Cost me about 4g to repair my armor just from that pull, my shield was down to 5%.
Hankthetank

Postby baneoftruth » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:09 pm

The ZA mobs work rather strangely...at least, the lynxes do. What I mean by that is this...I had tried to save my group some time on the way to the Lynx boss by bubble pulling the first 2 packs of lynxes, and even though I pulled them with the raid rather far away from me, and the raid wasn't in combat on the pull, the second I hit my bubble all the of the lynxes turned, put the raid in combat and made a b-line right for them.

I am uncertain if you could bubble-pull the gauntlet, the same mob attack pattern may apply there as well. Either way, if you're only using 2 healers, this method would put an immense amount of strain on them. You're better off just going up the ramp pull-by-pull.
baneoftruth

Return to Zul'aman