Remove Advertisements

Netherspite first attempt

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Netherspite first attempt

Postby palouf » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:53 am

Hello,

We're going for netherspite tomorrow with this group :
1 MT tankadin
1 OT war
1 arms war
1 retri pala
1 warlock
1 Spriest
2 mages
1 haly pala
1 holy priest

We 2 manned heal almost all kara ( except nightbane that we attempted only once ).

Basically, we'll have theses theorical rotations on beams :
Red : MT
Blue : Warlock
Green : OT (war)

Red : OT
Blue : SPriest
Green : arms warrior

For banish phases : 1 MT + 1 healer only, the rest of the group away.

Do you have any other advice or tip to this fight ? Are we doing the right thing or can we improve it ?
palouf

Postby mazater » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:24 am

You have only one tank at Red Beam?
We use 2 tanks/banish phase here.

Eg. Red Beam group 1. MT+huntard
Red Beam group 2. OT + shaman

And if healers are running OOM, they can run to green beam and be there for up to 10sec without getting the debuff(Free mana ftw).

What comes to the Banish part, our whole raid groups runs away and returns after.(Bandage etc. after out of range)
mazater

Postby guillex » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:28 am

Beam dancing is king here.

Stay in for 2-3 stacks, out for 2-3... Do that and you can actually stay in for the entire portal phase, but you will need an OT to take the red beam during the second portal phase.

Stick a melee dps in the mana eating beam, and you'll be fine.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby palouf » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:53 am

Guillex wrote:Beam dancing is king here.

Stay in for 2-3 stacks, out for 2-3... Do that and you can actually stay in for the entire portal phase, but you will need an OT to take the red beam during the second portal phase.

I'm looking for the simplest way to do it as its a first attempt.
Is it really needed to beam dance ? for red and blue beam i guess ?

Is it better for all the raid to run away during banish phases ?
palouf

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:32 am

palouf wrote:
Guillex wrote:Beam dancing is king here.

I'm looking for the simplest way to do it as its a first attempt.
Is it really needed to beam dance ? for red and blue beam i guess ?

Is it better for all the raid to run away during banish phases ?

I do the beam dance, usually ending up the phase with 1-2k more health than my real amount. Warlocks don't have to leave their beam(might need a heal or two but if they have 9k+ hp and spam drain life they won't die, shadow priest can stay the whole time, his heals will leave a full group up the whole time, but the spriest will need a dedicated healer.
Green beam must be taken the whole time.

It's actually really easy to dance the red beam if the other players aren't retards and too close to you.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Zeels » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:24 am

Beam dancing is the easiest way IMO. Tried tanking the beam without it once just to see how bad it was. Was down to 5k hp lol. Well Didn't wipe, our two healers kept spamming and with a bit of luck.

I also recommende running away during banish phase. Have 2 tanks stay behind together with a healer. We mostly do that in order to not screw up the aggro once the banish phase is over.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:33 am

dpsers halted to give us time to reestabilish aggro during banish phase...but running away didn't help much, we just stood there dpsing him as usual.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby samoa » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:09 pm

Easy fight dance in and out of red beam of course 5 stacks 4 sec out of red beam, Have a rogue or any non mana user in green beam and stay in. When he banish keep DPS till he starts casting the BREATH OF DEATH and then collapse in back of him. After he phases out have a hunter MD the tank while waiting for the red beam to come back up or have DPS halt till tank regain agro. And repeat. We down him on second phase.. Only 1 person died because he didn't know the fight that well..
samoa

Postby Wraith » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:19 pm

It looks like you have done your homework if you already have the rotations figured out. Netherspite is easy once everyone learns the fight. Just keep him centered and make sure people don't run thru the red beam. I had a tree druid do that once and he ended up a mushy pile of roots.

Beam dancing is the way to go with red. The fewer people tanking the beams the better the fight goes. When you step out of the red beam, just keep an eye on your health. If it drops to 1/2 or 3 seconds go by, step back into it and you will be healed back to full health. Just tell the healers not to heal you. Up until now that has been their main job, it can be a hard habit to break them of.
Wraith

Re: Netherspite first attempt

Postby Jeada » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:03 pm

palouf wrote:Hello,

We're going for netherspite tomorrow with this group :
1 MT tankadin
1 OT war
1 arms war
1 retri pala
1 warlock
1 Spriest
2 mages
1 haly pala
1 holy priest

We 2 manned heal almost all kara ( except nightbane that we attempted only once ).

Basically, we'll have theses theorical rotations on beams :
Red : MT
Blue : Warlock
Green : OT (war)

Red : OT
Blue : SPriest
Green : arms warrior

For banish phases : 1 MT + 1 healer only, the rest of the group away.

Do you have any other advice or tip to this fight ? Are we doing the right thing or can we improve it ?

Looks solid, threat wont be an issue so Judge light to help healers out.
or wisdom to help your and ret out. When I'm not in the red Ill hang near the green and either toss some heals or pop my wings and burst out as much damage as I can then jump in green for a couple secs to regen it back quickly.
Jeada

Postby Rokh » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:12 pm

Why do you guys run away?

I have never heard of that, my groups just dps the shit out of him during banish...

He doesnt move when he starts to cast, so if everyone stays 'inside' him, then when we begins his breath run to his tail you wont get hit and do a good 30-40% damage per banish phase.. makes the fight fast and simple.
Rokh

Postby Nunka » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:41 pm

Rokh wrote:Why do you guys run away?

I have never heard of that, my groups just dps the shit out of him during banish...

He doesnt move when he starts to cast, so if everyone stays 'inside' him, then when we begins his breath run to his tail you wont get hit and do a good 30-40% damage per banish phase.. makes the fight fast and simple.

Running away is a strategy generally used by groups with undergeared players that are new to Kara, as well as PUGs that are guaranteed to contain a few idiots. The banish phase can get really ugly if people are getting hit by netherbreath.
Image Image
Nunka

Postby samoa » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:16 pm

sorry to say that strat also can be use for new kara runs. Puggers or newbie get confuse on running out towards the window and end up dieing, While staying inside and keep DPS up so nether can go down faster. As long as ppl listen to what the raid leader or the experience ones, It will all go smooth. DPS more = faster death for nether.

Running in and out will slow DPS on nether and it will drag the fight out more.. 8)
samoa

Postby Holyhomer » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:37 pm

We usually have two tanks just because those are the classes we can field (warrior and pally (me!)). I beam dance in and out of the red beam and he soaks the green beam. After the first banish, I hop in the green beam and he hops into the red beam and beam dances.

Sucks being without mana, but since the warrior is there, I just make him do what he can to Netherspite during the banish phase so some clothie that was dpsing doesn't get wrecked before i can hop in the red beam.
Holyhomer

Postby mazater » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:33 pm

Beam dancing this, Beam dancing that.

How does it work actually?
mazater

Next

Return to Karazhan