Remove Advertisements

MT 2-shot (OT ninjaing my spot?! :O)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

MT 2-shot (OT ninjaing my spot?! :O)

Postby Dynaheir » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:00 am

So we started Gruul 2 weeks ago, and so far we've cleared it both times, with probably 4 attempts each week.

Both times we downed him, it was close to growths 13-16, can't remember exactly right now. By then, I'm getting hit for about 7-9k.. Seeing to it as I've been my guild's MT for quite a while now, I get to receive Maulgar and Gruul's spanking... at least for the time being.

I'm having the following issue... During regular phase, healers have no problem keeping me up, it's after shatter that they have a hard time catching up and Gruul probably 2/3 shots me. This is usually close to the end of the fight when he's at 10%~ health, and the OT usually "picks" him, Last Stand, Shield Wall, GG.

It's really pissing me off, because this guy just recently joined the guild, and since initiated a "taunt" war, so the fact of him being the one saving the day at such a dire moment is really frustrating.

Any suggestions/ideas on how to avoid these going-down-so-quick's towards the end of the fight? Is the fact that blizzard denies OhShit! buttons to Paladins something I gotta suck up and just let warriors OT bosses like him? It really annoys me that I can't make it alive the whole fight. I'd appreciate any help/tips!
Dynaheir

Postby Lore » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:04 am

Sounds like your healers are just getting ADD after the shatter and going to top other people off instead of keeping you up.

That late in the fight we always just let people die to shatters, the tank is taking TONS of damage.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:12 am

Healer problem right there. Any tank just takes too much damage to make it without heals for a long while. DPSers, specially later in the fight, should be healing themselves. If they didn't bother raising first aid, it's their bad and they die if the tree isn't free.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Dynaheir » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:15 am

As you mention Lore, I'd love to think it's the healers. Nice to blame em for MT deaths, but I'm just wondering if there's more to it than just the heals? I yet have to see Moroe's pocketwatch drop.. is the 2 minute cooldown worth it for this fight? I use Dabiri's for that 2% extra avoidance and a "Ohshit!" block rating in case I can't HS during a silence..

Ps. I thought I'd link my armory so you guys can analize my squishyness. ;)
OT is the second link.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Dynaheir
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Pharcuur
Dynaheir

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:24 am

I get more avoidance from the pocketwatch's base dodge than the dabiri's(or adamantite at that) base defense rating.About half% but still...
Add to that that defense rating still has a little bit of block and you see that the pocketwatch is just that better. I save the Use effect for the silences, and yes, it's a godsend. I have about 40% dodge when I use my pocketwatch.

Armory doesn't want to load(stuck on the waiting stage) so i'm rather stuck >.>

Your armor is fine, and if that 14500~ is your unbuffed hp, you're better than me. You should be very close to 18k buffed hp for this fight(I did it at 17600)
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Dynaheir » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:47 am

Snake-Aes wrote:I get more avoidance from the pocketwatch's base dodge than the dabiri's(or adamantite at that) base defense rating.About half% but still...
Add to that that defense rating still has a little bit of block and you see that the pocketwatch is just that better. I save the Use effect for the silences, and yes, it's a godsend. I have about 40% dodge when I use my pocketwatch.

Armory doesn't want to load(stuck on the waiting stage) so i'm rather stuck >.>

Your armor is fine, and if that 14500~ is your unbuffed hp, you're better than me. You should be very close to 18k buffed hp for this fight(I did it at 17600)
If that trinket would just drop.. Been farming it for months now :/ -- And yes, Buffed im probably at 21k with shout, so I'm gonna go qq at my healers.. Thnanks for the feedback guys!
Dynaheir

Postby guillex » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:54 am

Dabiri's doesn't give you avoidance... It gives you mitigation. You're still blocking, so some of the hits may come through.

I doubt that your BV is up to the point where you're full blocking 7k-9k hits. That's another thing ... You're not dodging his attacks with avoidance... You're just upping your mitigation and blocking more.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Dynaheir » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:55 am

Guillex wrote:Dabiri's doesn't give you avoidance... It gives you mitigation. You're still blocking, so some of the hits may come through.

I doubt that your BV is up to the point where you're full blocking 7k-9k hits. That's another thing ... You're not dodging his attacks with avoidance... You're just upping your mitigation and blocking more.
IIRC, 30 defense =~ 2% dodge+parry+miss ?
Dynaheir

Postby guillex » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:59 am

Dynaheir wrote:
Guillex wrote:Dabiri's doesn't give you avoidance... It gives you mitigation. You're still blocking, so some of the hits may come through.

IIRC, 30 defense =~ 2% dodge+parry+miss ?

Yeah, sorry ... I was mixing that in with the Oh Shit. Meant to say it's not an Oh Shit avoidance trinket ... And at the growths you're talking about, it's not even that much of an Oh Shit mitigation trinket, lol...

It's more like an "okthinki'lljustblockabitmoreandshaveoffaminisculeamountofdamagebutstillreceivetoomuchformyhealerstohandle" trinket.

Get something like recount, eavesdrop, or wwebstats, and see what's going on, where. It just might be your healers going "oh fuck the entire raid is fucking dying" and healing them instead of you.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Equitas » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:48 pm

This is so absolutely ridiculous , screw that idiot, and start screaming at your healers, when shatter finishes healers Immediately start healing our MT if we ever go past the 8th grow mark otherwise you have a dead tank simple as that.

After shatter:
1)Healers Heal MT + OT up immediately
2) Designated healers stay healing up MT+OT
3) Flexible/Variable healers heal up the raid
4) Raid is supposed to take a Healthstone/pot/bandage after a shatter

Done.
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Achtung » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:34 pm

Yup, I'd say healers also. Our raid is constantly reminded throughout the fight to bandage/pot/healthstone, especially towards the end.

I share your pain about the pocketwatch, it won't drop for me either =/

Last week we had 5 shamans in the group. The last 10% was very...fire elementally!

I died on Gruuls last hit before DPS finished him off =/

On a side note, whats better for mitigation? Dabiri or Adamantite Fig?
I guess it's really subjective to your block value and how many times you block Gruul, but is anyone able to give a general summary?
Yae, 80 Paladin, Aman'thul Horde - Retired Feb '09
Achtung

Postby Equitas » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:57 pm

adamantit id say, the armor bonus does a little bit more than blocking will for you.
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby hotlips » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:55 am

it's really more a dps problem, he just hits hard after grow 10-12... make your dps nuke harder so he goes down before grow 12.
hotlips

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:58 am

hotlips wrote:it's really more a dps problem, he just hits hard after grow 10-12... make your dps nuke harder so he goes down before grow 12.
Not that much. Getting him killed at 14 is normal. He does hit waaaaaaaaay hard.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby hotlips » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:06 am

true, he hits hard :) but paladins must accept that warriors will always be better tanks in this fight, if only for the silence. They can also intercept after a groundslam/shatter and use shield wall and last stand -.- pretty imba here.
Also, a lot of healers seem to have trouble in fights with a progressing damage scale on the main tank, they'll get used to it.
hotlips

Next

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag