Remove Advertisements

ONLY 3.99!

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:40 am

Guillex wrote:
Levantine wrote:LOL! Grey hairs. :P

Better than losing my hair.

It's also the Patterson/Osbourne in the family... My grandmother and her kin all went WHITE at 16. Pure, snowy white hair.

My grandfather on my mother's side is bald.

My late great-grandparents, late grandfather, and grandmother on my father's side (Italian) have all had full heads of hair up until the day they died (great grandfather outlived my grandfather by years... He died at the ripe old age of 98, my grandfather at 75ish).

Make sense much? Thought not.

Not a single straw of gray hair. ANd it grows more than it falls.

Same for every.single.male. in the family.

I'm not worried =D
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:43 am

The only male you should look at is your mother's father and your mother's mother's father etc. This is because the baldness gene is in the X chromosome, and you get your Y chromosome from your father. This is also the reason that VERY few women ever naturally go bald. :P
Levantine

Postby Echevarian » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:48 am

Gary Cole's character (Lumbergh in "Office Space") wears a large, gold class ring of the style that are common for graduates from military academies. This ring was originally a prop produced for the short-lived science fiction series "Crusade" (1999), on which Cole played captain Matthew Gideon. The ring was worn in every episode, and was supposed to show that Gideon was a graduate of Earthforce Military Academy. "Office Space" was the first project Cole worked on following the cancellation of "Crusade" (1999) and wore the ring as an in-joke, referring to his previous job.
Echevarian

Postby Barathorn » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:50 am

Echevarian wrote:
Guillex, did you like Babylon 5?

I'm not Guillex, but I sure did lub me some B5!

Let us talk then about B5....

The White Star? Good or bad design?
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Echevarian » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:52 am

Barathorn wrote:
Echevarian wrote:

Amazing... I liked the symbolism between The White Star and an angel... symbol of peace and justice in the universe... and feared. Very cool!

I really liked the way they handled all the spaceships actually... Earth having to rotate their midsection to produce artificial gravity and the like... Using inertia in the physics for Starfurys it was just cool.

They could have done better on actual alien costuming though... :/
Echevarian

Postby Barathorn » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:02 am

Echevarian wrote:
Barathorn wrote:
Echevarian wrote:

Amazing... I liked the symbolism between The White Star and an angel... symbol of peace and justice in the universe... and feared. Very cool!

I really liked the way they handled all the spaceships actually... Earth having to rotate their midsection to produce artificial gravity and the like... Using inertia in the physics for Starfurys it was just cool.

I rate it above all Star Trek other than DS9 tbh.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Echevarian » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:04 am

Barathorn wrote:
Echevarian wrote:
Barathorn wrote:
Echevarian wrote:

agreed, but the mantis black market guy from S1 just wasn't very believable... actually S1 was just kinda lame lol... didn't get REAL good until the rangers showed up... and the guy that thought he was King Arthur.
Echevarian

Postby Thesupreme » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:40 am

Echevarian wrote:
Barathorn wrote:
Echevarian wrote:
Barathorn wrote:
Echevarian wrote:

agreed, but the mantis black market guy from S1 just wasn't very believable... actually S1 was just kinda lame lol... didn't get REAL good until the rangers showed up... and the guy that thought he was King Arthur.

You guys are ancient..

Maybe me and Levantine should talk about teletubbies or something like that.. cause you old folks probably don't even know what that is, perhaps.

Or not.
Superman tanks all!

Thesupreme - 70 - Al'Akir - I aint no superman
Thesupreme

Postby Garstone » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:56 am

Ugh, now I feel old reading this

my bday is in 2 weeks, born in '80

They grey hairs just multiplied x10 last week

and 30 is just around the corner, PLUS my 10 year HS reunion is this year. That also makes me feel old.

EDIT: Babylon 5 was so awesome. Need to get the DVDs after I get the Battlestar Gallactica ones finished up
Garstone

Postby Echevarian » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:09 pm

Thesupreme wrote:
Echevarian wrote:
Barathorn wrote:
Echevarian wrote:
Barathorn wrote:
Echevarian wrote:

You guys are ancient..

Maybe me and Levantine should talk about teletubbies or something like that.. cause you old folks probably don't even know what that is, perhaps.

Or not.

i do... hate them infernal antichrists... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Echevarian

Postby Echevarian » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:10 pm

EDIT: Babylon 5 was so awesome. Need to get the DVDs after I get the Battlestar Gallactica ones finished up

i have a friend i just discovered loves B5 and owns all the seasons... we've been having a marathon and trying to convert one of our other friends over.

...in Valen's name.
Echevarian

Postby Invisusira » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:16 pm

<- closet B5 lover
Invisusira

Postby guillex » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:18 pm

Garstone wrote:Ugh, now I feel old reading this

my bday is in 2 weeks, born in '80

They grey hairs just multiplied x10 last week

and 30 is just around the corner, PLUS my 10 year HS reunion is this year. That also makes me feel old.

Agreed.

Though, I do NOT agree with the statement that it's rated higher than all ST, other than DS9.

DS9 sucked. Hard. It was the only spinoff that I didn't watch (other than Enterprise, but that's because I wasn't really around for it).

ToS for the win, btw. Kirk. Spock. McCoy. Scotty. Sulu. Uhura. Chekov. Sarek. Weeeoooooooeoooeoeoeoeeeeeooooo
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Sharlos » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:54 pm

ToS sucks ass tbh. Its only redeeming feature is its 'classic' nature.

TNG wasn't bad for its time but a bit too fakey imo.

DS9 wasn't bad either, I enjoyed most of it. But the whole religiousy crap with bajorans got old. Especially at the ending.

Voyager is my fave of the lot. Even when it became Star Trek: Seven of Nine.

Enterprise: they could have done a lot better than they did and didn't take advantage of its prequal nature like they could have.

But star trek fails in comparison to Stargate and the new battlestar galactica. Much more beleivable/realistic.
Sharlos

Postby guillex » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:21 pm

ToS is ToS ... stays in my heart as #1.

Voyager kicked ass, never missed an ep.

I have all the 1st and 2nd seasons of BSG, need to sit down and watch 'em.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum