Mother Shahraz

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Morganim » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:07 am

Worldie wrote:Well in theory the green helm should be "the last choice". You don't want to gimp your stats too much.
For healers, they should for example buy the one from Cenarion expedition.
DPS could buy the helms from badges.

I personally use t4 helm with 20 SR and one Void Sphere inside. If people have old items that they don't use anymore, let em enchant and use em. Most of our raid members use T4 helms, many healers have the cenarion one.


Most of my guild has done the same (startin mother this week i think)
We have just gotten t4 helms/shoulders and used void spheres + enchants to finish of SR.

I went with the green plate stam/sr helm tho :D
Morganim
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Postby Afraithe » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:20 am

I use engineering helm (I must have 5 of those differently gemmed/enchanted).
Image
Afraithe
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:21 am

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:51 am

Afraithe wrote:I use engineering helm (I must have 5 of those differently gemmed/enchanted).

Why didn't i think of t4 shoulders, 8 more resist inc.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13423
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Morganim » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:01 pm

Worldie wrote:
Afraithe wrote:I use engineering helm (I must have 5 of those differently gemmed/enchanted).

Why didn't i think of t4 shoulders, 8 more resist inc.


15 iirc
2x Voidspheres 1x 7 resist all kara enchant
Morganim
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Postby Jensaarai » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:02 am

I went with Pauldrons of Abyssal Fury :shock:

MT :twisted:
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
User avatar
Jensaarai
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:44 pm
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

Postby Morganim » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:22 am

Doing this fight atm

WOW its really boring glad i have laptop on hand to watch movies

stand
dead mt
rebuff
repeat

how many camps do you guys use?

oh and id never want to MT this fight the sillence + the burst dmg of her is horrible

edit: wow thats retardadly easy
Morganim
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Postby QuantumDelta » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:14 am

She's pretty easy to MT, the DPS in SR gear can't compete with your threat as long as she doesn't go holy/silence(shadowfurthelols)/holy/holy/holy or something retarded, it's unlikely to happen though.

I've normally had nearly double the threat on her of the nearest DPS.

I am encouraging them to use a Feral next time we visit her though, she does hit purdy hard.
User avatar
QuantumDelta
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:31 am

Postby ricmrune » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:43 pm

We got to mother probably a little sooner than expected so we're short on HoD's. Back, belt and bracers for everyone but no boots so ppl are getting some greens from the AH.

My question is how does avoidance factor into this? The MT was asking what the other tanks avoidance are with the SR gear and went with the droods with their high dodge.
ricmrune
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:02 am

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:59 pm

Dodging a saber lash means obviously less to heal.

However, i wouldn't care too much for avoidance for the offtanks. I have somewhat like 17% dodge and 14% parry in SR gear and around 440 defense for 9%ish total miss. For the part of gear that aren't SR related i just whear the ones with higher stam and armor.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13423
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Morganim » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:09 pm

ricmrune wrote:We got to mother probably a little sooner than expected so we're short on HoD's. Back, belt and bracers for everyone but no boots so ppl are getting some greens from the AH.

My question is how does avoidance factor into this? The MT was asking what the other tanks avoidance are with the SR gear and went with the droods with their high dodge.


This is not always the case dont forget t0o add your parry to your dodge

we had druid/paladin

my miss + dodge + parry was slightly higher than the durids miss + dodge.
On the hits that went through mine where about 700 higher than the druid less if i sat there spamming holy shield which i regularly forogot due to being half asleep on the fight :P

basically my order of stats here are 18kish armor buffed, then max stamina and whatever dodge/parry you end up with so be it

that being said on one attempt i didnt get hit until 60 something % the druid was laughing really hard in tank chat at me :P
Morganim
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Postby Drak » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:07 am

Downed RoS last night and went and did a quick attempt on shaz and got her to 74% (only 3 people in full SR = lol) My RL keeps telling me that tanks no longer need any SR because being hit by saber lash keeps you from being teleported at all and that it'd be better to just use the hearts i'd use for my set on other people for now. I have all the mats for my set so I'd rather not waste the hearts if I won't actually need it for the fight. Just wondering if what he says is true or maybe his misread something somewhere.
Image
User avatar
Drak
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:01 pm

Postby Afraithe » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:52 am

I run with just over 200 (with buff) in SR, thats like neck, cloak and boots, when offtanking.
Image
Afraithe
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:21 am

Postby Warrender » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:52 am

Inferno255 wrote:Good god this boss is easy, first pull tank instagib, second pull wipe because of teleports. Third pull no deaths, dead mother.....

Bit of an anti-climax killing her in 3 tries after collecting shadowres gear for months.


That was our guild experience as well last night.
Image
User avatar
Warrender
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:35 am

Postby strydaris » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:34 am

Out of curiosity has anyone tried to OT this in healing gear? With of course your need SR and stam but anyone add more then a shield and mace for healing?

My guild can kill her fine but I want to do more then just sit there with my thumbs up my partnering OTs butt. I can see already that you dont need to be uncritable from what I am reading here already.
strydaris
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:41 am
Location: Toronto

Postby Io.Draco » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:58 am

Warrender wrote:
Inferno255 wrote:Good god this boss is easy, first pull tank instagib, second pull wipe because of teleports. Third pull no deaths, dead mother.....

Bit of an anti-climax killing her in 3 tries after collecting shadowres gear for months.


That was our guild experience as well last night.


My guild went to her on sunday , with just 1 hour left of raid , everyone in SR

First try MT instan-gib to cleave
Second try 60% then whipe due to noob healers
Third try MT instan-gib again to cleave
Fourth try 15% then whipe to FA

We left for sunday came back monday and 1 shotted her :)
User avatar
Io.Draco
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:33 am

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests