Remove Advertisements

Magister's Terrace

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Barristan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:01 pm

Tyaera wrote:Invis:

does the PTR not allow addons, or do you roll without major UI mods?

i am yet to find someone who rolls with all of the functionality mods like me, (Omen, DBM, etc) yet dispenses with all of the UI appearance mods and uses the default.

It does allow addons but the PTR runs off a separate client so you have to set up everything again.
Barristan

Postby Invisusira » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:19 pm

You can copy over anything you use in regular WoW. I didn't copy over ALL my addons (for minimal conflict), but just copy over your WTF folder and the stuff in your Addons folder that you want.

Repeat for emphasis:

COPY OVER YOUR WTF FOLDER. It saves you OODLES of time. Copy this file:

World of Warcarft/WTF/Config.wtf
into
World of Warcarft/WoWTest/WTF/

then copy this directory:

World of Warcarft/WTF/Account/ACOUNTNAME/
into
World of Warcarft/WoWTest/WTF/Account/

then copy this directory:
World of Warcarft/WTF/Account/ACOUNTNAME/Servername/Charactername
into
World of Warcarft/WoWTest/WTF/Account/ACOUNTNAME/Servername

(Servername in the WoWTest folder will be something like "Test Server (US PVP)")
Invisusira

Postby NarfJones » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:31 pm

Tyaera wrote:Invis:

does the PTR not allow addons, or do you roll without major UI mods?

i am yet to find someone who rolls with all of the functionality mods like me, (Omen, DBM, etc) yet dispenses with all of the UI appearance mods and uses the default.

I roll with the same WTF and Interface folders

EDIT: The whole place feels cramped, but overall it's a really fun instance.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Unforgetible » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:23 am

Mhm magisters terace? When does it come out?This is the first time i have heard of this instance, where is it? If the 80% casters part is true we are officialy screwed... :((

Btw does some1 know if any sort of preQ is needed to enter?
To protect his heart.
To forge his destiny.
One wields a sword.

Unforgetible

Postby Invisusira » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:43 am

Magister's Terrace is the 5 man on Sunwell Isle in patch 2.4 and is currently on the public test realms.

The caster thing isn't really all THAT true. There's perhaps a few more caster than you'd find in a some instances, but it's not all that significant. There wasn't a single pull in there that I had any sort of problem with.
Invisusira

Postby Norrath » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:23 pm

Three out of every five-man pull were casters in the one run I've been in, so 80% is a touch too high. 60%.

I didn't have any trouble with the pulls either (as a warrior). The hardest thing was surviving Gravity Lapse on Kael'thas.
Norrath

Postby Taoden » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:42 am

How is the trash on heroic? I ran it twice on normal and some of the pulls with lots of casters kinda hurt.

Also, how about the DPS from the third boss and her friends? Is their damage bad enough that there will be trouble if most of your DPS is squishy?

I personally thought all of the bosses on normal were pathetic with the exception of Kael. His gravity flux thing made him a royal pain in the ass running with 2 melee DPS (not to mention heavy AE fights are rough for paladin healers which we also had) and we never managed to get him down.

The third boss was annoying as hell. Obviously as a tank, the last thing I want to see in a fight is 5 taunt-immune mobs attacking whatever they feel like. The DPS output of the mobs was terrible though. On my first run the 4 other members of my group died when there were 3 mobs left and I managed to solo all of them.
Taoden

Postby Erutaron » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:50 pm

I have run this on my Shadow Priest a couple times while waiting for our Sunwell Raid to start. I honestly can't wait to get in there with my Paladin. Even with all the casters there are plenty of places to LoS the casters and bring them right to you. I can see the third boss being a royal pain in the a$$ as well as Kael as he seems to cast a lot more then melee.

Oh and Invis, the Human Female weapon/shield graphics got swapped with the Tauren Male graphics. LOL

Our MT has a bulwark that doesn't even cover his arm, and man he swears every time someone mentions it. :-p Needless to say to pick on him for it every chance we get.
Erutaron

Postby berbo2 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:40 am

Normal mode = walk in the park. Literaly.

Heroic mode - could be pain if there is no any CC available. Easy with 1 CC, trivial with 2 CCs.

All groups can be LoS pulled and AOEd. Make sure your healer or you (if you have shaman/druid healer) dispells the debuffs asap. Nothing else can kill you but the stacking debuffs. Move out of Mage Guards' AoE reducing healing and all should be fine.

Running heroics with badges/ZA gear without any problems -15,5k HP unbuffed, uncritable and uncrushable, at +417 spel dmg.

Hints:

1st boss:
Kill the crystals which he drains asap and make sure you or your healer to dispell his drains - he does mana drain and life drain in heroic. Only mana drain in Normal.

2nd boss:
Gather all mana wyrms and AOE them. Its fun. Go to boss asap to get use of the +50% dmg you have from the wyrms.
Have your group at max range and spam consecration to get the adds on you. You will get BIG.

3rd boss
- fear ward/tremor totem will always help. Make sure if you have the respective class in group to use it.
- if you have a warrior add let someone else do the initial pull as warrior will charge, stun and all mobs will ignore you even if they all run throu consecration.
- if you have Apoko (shaman type) chain fear him - when he comes back he wil be oom already - soloed him and the rogue on my last heroic because the others of my group get pwned after I was stunlocked. Took 10 mins thou to kill them both, i.e. they hit really low.
- always leave rogue/hunter for last as long as they have real agro list unlike the others and can be somehow tanked. Same goes to the warlock/mage but warlockreally hurts while mage do a lame dmg.

4th boss: Kael'
Pyro in Heroic can really hurt - dont allow it to happen. Make sure your dps downs the shield and interrupts him. In lapse phase just avoid the globules and help healing.

All in all funny place for tankadins.
berbo2

Postby Huon » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:41 pm

I just did kael and wow, what a pain in the neck...

Fire resist set would help a ton I think...
Huon

Postby Worldie » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:42 pm

It wont.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sthallas » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:30 pm

Huon wrote:I just did kael and wow, what a pain in the neck...

Fire resist set would help a ton I think...

AFAIRemember, Kael's Pyro ignores FR.
Sthallas

Postby Levantine » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:44 pm

Sthallas wrote:AFAIRemember

IIRC** (If I recall correctly)
Levantine

Postby Amran20 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:25 am

Yeah, Kael is a really fun boss that captures the essence, at the very least, of the 25 man fight, but not the pure epic thrill of killing Kael for the first time after getting purely cockblocked on him for 2 months. Honestly, Kael'thas 25 man might be the coolest fight in the game.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics