Remove Advertisements

Does a Tankadin make a big difference in BT?

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:37 pm

Aetherial wrote:For us, the player > class. We're not min-maxers, we love our offspecs, and since we're farming Illidan, who's going to say we're wrong? At least we know that there will be some Sunwell progression from the tankadin perspective, unless every boss requires Spell Reflect.

Everyone who got a guild with some people with brain is in this situation, including me, and i'm happy with that.

Those who face the true problems are those that are still struggling to be accepted.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dorvan » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:41 pm

Worldie wrote:Everyone who got a guild with some people with brain is in this situation, including me, and i'm happy with that.

Those who face the true problems are those that are still struggling to be accepted.

Yeah, and really what it comes down to is that you've got 3 options in that situation: educate, cope, or leave. Which one is best depends greatly on an individual's situation, and it'd be difficult for anyone else to say what one should do there.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Aetherial » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:07 pm

Worldie wrote:
Aetherial wrote:For us, the player > class. We're not min-maxers, we love our offspecs, and since we're farming Illidan, who's going to say we're wrong? At least we know that there will be some Sunwell progression from the tankadin perspective, unless every boss requires Spell Reflect.

Everyone who got a guild with some people with brain is in this situation, including me, and i'm happy with that.

I hate seeing you so unhappy though :(

Your earlier posts on these forums were so upbeat, you sounded like you were really having fun and were excited, it's sad to see you so disheartened like this.
Aetherial

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:15 pm

That's just being objective. I love my guild, and love even more when they "defend" their choice of having me on Illidan even if my gear is worse than our Main Tank's.

I'm sad for the rest of the people, not for myself. We everyday read stories of tankadins told "u suck" just because they have a mana bar.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby QuantumDelta » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:55 pm

Well, whilst I had a period as the MT and was distinctly the best geared tank, that's passed, the wars have caught up with me: http://avadkp.servehttp.com/dkp/listmembers.php?s=

I've been passing loot, quite a lot, and bidding reasonable amounts as not to muscle the wars outta DKP (read: If I do overbid them and I am gonna pass: they get it for what they bid for it, etc).

Finally within the last few weeks the wars have caught up with me (Tanks as Ashran/Nick), and whereas the difference was noticeable but not critical before there is no noticeable difference now.

I've been encouraging them and teaching them as best I can, but the guild is genuinely well educated, some of our members are easily of the level of the best theorycrafters here, but for their own classes.
A few are multi-class knowledgeable on a communal level.
I don't campaign for my spot, haven't in a long time.
Every time I skip a raid the guild goes emo, BT or Hyjal ;\

Edit: And since I took up tanking all I am is a support RL ^^
QuantumDelta

Postby sanctifico » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:38 am

Worldie wrote:Bare in mind that most of BT requires 3 tanks anyway. Druid+Pala+War is the best combo, although for later parts, Pala+2 Warriors is better.

We currently run with the Pala,War,Druid setup (our other warrior left for a farm guild :p so much for doing the hard part yourself)). All of us have 100% attendance ofc ^^.

Most of the time I'm primarily trash tanking, since the feral has about 1k hp more for Supremus and i just heal him. I get to soak Saberlash on Mother this Sunday (going for our first tries), and onto Council for some fun with teh rogue of doom. Hopefully our first illidan tries+kill on Tuesday =D.

Sofar our progression has been insane, usually killing each new boss on the first night of tries, and cleared 1-4 + oneshotted ROS yesterday in less than two hours.. but we lacked the healers for Bloodboil (24% wipe because the offtank died [14stacks + Fel Enrage = nurf])

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Tyaera » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:24 pm

You were brought to tier 5 content because you were a tankadin.

You will only be brought to BT if you are a good tank as well. A good tank is a good tank whether they're a paladin, warrior, or druid.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Stroja » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:41 am

Very true. And if your guild recognizes that they have a good tank, they'll put you to use rather than sidelining you. My initial venture into BT with an old guild resulted in me standing around for most pulls with everything CCed or having a warrior/bear on it.

New guild, new strategy - if it can possibly be AoE tanked, it is. Druids go kitty and the mages just blow stuff up. We clear trash faster and everybody has more fun in the process. I also find I'm not often in healing gear, except for Naj'entus. Gorefiend, I either tank him or wear loldps gear and spam Cleanse. Everything else, I'm in a tanking role.

I doubt I could get out of clearing BT trash or a boss encounter if I wanted to (well, maybe Naj'entus, but I want my boots, dammit).
Stroja

Postby Slamdorff » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:03 am

I'm not the best geared tank in guild, but we are 4 (2 warriors, 1 bear + me) very close to each other.

After a few wipes on Supremus I told RL I would be a better choice - front loading threat and easier pickups after phase 2. I got the job - and we killed him in first try. Healing leader said I was far easier to heal, and we didn't loose anyone after phase 2.

We were all happy and I felt pallytanking made a difference in BT:)
That was before reading this thread - the less you know, the better.
Slamdorff

Postby Arianne » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:23 pm

Stroja wrote:New guild, new strategy - if it can possibly be AoE tanked, it is. Druids go kitty and the mages just blow stuff up. We clear trash faster and everybody has more fun in the process. I also find I'm not often in healing gear, except for Naj'entus. Gorefiend, I either tank him or wear loldps gear and spam Cleanse. Everything else, I'm in a tanking role.

What is feasible to AoE tank for trash? We usually split up everything in the big packs near Akama and the trash to gorefiend seems to have too many casters (though the dogs/other guys get AoE tanked). The trash to RoS/BB has the guys that drop aggro on WW.
Arianne

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:49 pm

You can basically aoetank
1) gorefiend trashs (even the caster groups as long as they are faced away from raid)
2) supremus' trash
3) bloodboil trashs (have other tanks chaintaunt 1 whirlwinding mob and sheep the other one)
4) shahraz trashs
5) melee mobs on council trashs altho i don't recommend it (u'd be chainstunned)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Stroja » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:32 am

Arianne wrote:What is feasible to AoE tank for trash? We usually split up everything in the big packs near Akama and the trash to gorefiend seems to have too many casters (though the dogs/other guys get AoE tanked). The trash to RoS/BB has the guys that drop aggro on WW.

Nothing really on the way to Naj'entus.
Plenty of AoE in Supremus trash.
Most of Akama's trash can be AoE tanked.
Most of Gorefiend's trash can be AoE tanked (have the reavers moved away though - they'll blow up your mana).
In Bloodboil's trash, you can multi-tank both shield guys and the dogs (and even the casters if you really want to), and ofc the actual AoE packs.
RoS trash is pretty much all AoE.
Mother trash can be AoE ta--stunned--nked--stunned-if you--stunned--stay ahead--stunned--in threat--mindcontrolled.
Council trash, not much - but you could probably handle two assassins and a blood lord if you're bored.
Stroja

Postby enbee » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:51 am

you can aoetank everything in bt apart from the hydross type mobs on the way to naj as they will fucking own you.
And the ww guys on the way to RoS/BB, they have to be sheeped, but you can aoe the rest of the pack ;>

Everything is basicly aoeable with a few sheeps here and there
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Averroes » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:34 am

enbee wrote:you can aoetank everything in bt apart from the hydross type mobs on the way to naj as they will fucking own you.
And the ww guys on the way to RoS/BB, they have to be sheeped, but you can aoe the rest of the pack ;>

Everything is basicly aoeable with a few sheeps here and there

Dont you need Nature resist for those adds? I remember getting killed by only 2 of those adds in Naj room.
Averroes

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:38 am

You don't *need* NR but you are going to get fucking owned if not spamhealed without.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple