Remove Advertisements

Tankadin's Guide to Sunwell Plateau

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Atreidies » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:25 pm

DJSticky wrote:Nice work I'll definatly keep that strat in mind when we work on him.

Sorry for all the questions but could you conferm how hard Sathrovarr hits? I've heard 8-9k with a fast attackspeed, but I've also heard he hits for very little. I haven't had the chance to check myself as the two times I've been in SP I was tanking Kalecgos for what would have been two tank rotations via bubbling the debuff and the only time I made it to the inner viel something went sour up top by the time I had enough healers down there to get him taunted.

Shadow knockdown business he does hits for between 8.5 and 9k, average melee attack ranges pretty wildly from 4.5k to 10.5k, average is about 8k from the numerous attempts we've done but I'm always surprised seeing a 4k hit come off him. As for attack speed, assume Gorefiend, which is something like 2.0? Not positive, but you do require constant and consitent healing on him.

Edit: Don't forget the 5k Shadowbolt Volley he spits out, plus you may very well pick up the curse in there.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby DJSticky » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:55 pm

Atreidies wrote:Shadow knockdown business he does hits for between 8.5 and 9k, average melee attack ranges pretty wildly from 4.5k to 10.5k, average is about 8k from the numerous attempts we've done but I'm always surprised seeing a 4k hit come off him. As for attack speed, assume Gorefiend, which is something like 2.0? Not positive, but you do require constant and consitent healing on him.

Edit: Don't forget the 5k Shadowbolt Volley he spits out, plus you may very well pick up the curse in there.

Excelent, thank you very much =) Good luck, seems alot of my raiders got transfered this morning so we should be good to go for some serious attempts this week.
DJSticky

Postby Aetherial » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:14 pm

Atreidies -

Sorry to pick your brain so much, but...

So you're looking at bringing the two of them (Sathrovarr and Kalecgos) down roughly equally ala Romulo/Julianne, then killing Sathrovarr before finishing off Kalecgos?

I'm assuming that getting Kalecgos to 1% before Sathrovarr results in a wipe, whereas getting Sathrovarr to 1% before Kalecgos results in a win.

Also, unless the devs decide to fix Righteous Defense to allow friendly NPC targeting, I'm probably going to have to bounce Sathrovarr off of our DPS warrior.

Oh, and apparently Kalecgos does crush, but I didn't get enough data on Sathrovarr to tell one way or the other. Does he deal crushes as well?

Thanks in advance!
Aetherial

Postby Atreidies » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:26 pm

Kalecgos down, I dual boxed and won my bracers on Atrei for 4pc prot.

Getting Kalecgos to 1% banishes the dragon, stops the arcane AE spam, but also 'seems' to stop the portals, I don't want to say he won't keep portaling, but we haven't seen it. Dropping the demon first 1, keeps the dragon's progressive enrage at the minimum for the longest, and 2, you make sure people can make it to the boss that needs to be killed instead of being helpless in one realm.

Kalecgos definitely crushes, Sathrovarr does not. The 'progressive' enrage I mentioned for the dragon, for every % under 10% he goes, his enrage will deal more damage. At 1% he was hitting Davia for 15k.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Atreidies » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:38 pm

Brutallus down as well in 5 pulls. He's a loaded freight train, but not quite the 2 or 3 that people have been claiming.

Edit: Felmyst is absolutely hilarious. That's all I'm gonna say for now.
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby fiorina » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:10 pm

Atreidies wrote:Edit: Felmyst is absolutely hilarious. That's all I'm gonna say for now.

Give some spoilers for poor Eu guys, out PTR is fucked beyond all recognition :/
Is it a paladin friendly fight much?

Note: And WTB thumbnails in posts, not 2000x2000 wallpapers please :)
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Atreidies » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:16 pm

fiorina wrote:
Atreidies wrote:Edit: Felmyst is absolutely hilarious. That's all I'm gonna say for now.

Give some spoilers for poor Eu guys, out PTR is fucked beyond all recognition :/
Is it a paladin friendly fight much?

Note: And WTB thumbnails in posts, not 2000x2000 wallpapers please :)

I thought about thumbnails, and then I decided I was lazy. Anyways, yes, pally friendly fight. You probably won't MT this, although I don't see a reason not too, it would actually give you an extra slot for dps. Anyways, think Nightbane with poison, ae mana/hp burn, deep breath that MCs people and umm...... A bubble that does 2000 dps to everyone in a 15-20 yard range. Also, noxious breath type lazer beam pew pew and let's see... Oh yeah, mass undead AE tanking, although they don't hit for anything, but still need to be controlled.
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby fiorina » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:21 pm

Atreidies wrote: You probably won't MT this..

if someone would someday, then it will be me :)
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Sielanas » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:25 pm

Keep up the ginormous screenies. I love actually seeing details. Horizontal scroll is overrated.
Sielanas

Postby Viskahn » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:00 am

Atreidies wrote:Anyways, yes, pally friendly fight. You probably won't MT this, although I don't see a reason not too, it would actually give you an extra slot for dps. Anyways, think Nightbane with poison, ae mana/hp burn, deep breath that MCs people and umm...... A bubble that does 2000 dps to everyone in a 15-20 yard range. Also, noxious breath type lazer beam pew pew and let's see... Oh yeah, mass undead AE tanking, although they don't hit for anything, but still need to be controlled.

sounds straightforward enough, how about phase 2?
:lol:
Viskahn
Maintankadonor

Postby Atreidies » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:34 am

fiorina wrote:
Atreidies wrote: You probably won't MT this..

if someone would someday, then it will be me :)

Well, I meant that more as, you have adds to control so it may be easier to learn with 2 tanks. Felmyst doesn't hit for crap though really, and his air phases are pretty obvious, the problem would be all the adds spawning and running immediately away from you rather than you being in a good position to pick up ~20-25 skellies.
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Hoops » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:47 am

Nice, ill give it a read when i have time. Thanks for this.
Hoops

Postby Oramac » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:36 am

WTB update with Brutalis and Felmyst!!
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:20 am

On a new note, Brutalicus got buffed, now he has 11k HP O.O

Definitively a challenge now.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Neuron » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:46 am

Hmm I am still trying to decide whether to use a group strategy, and if so, whether to use 2 or 3 or 4 (betting on 4), and whether to force group order despite random ports or let the random ports determine which group goes first (if someone in your group gets ported its your group's turn). They might both work, but I am shooting for the dumb and bad proof strategy :P
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau