CRITTED

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Bryne » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:47 am

Hey, this thread reminds me - can someone explain this screenshot from a little while back?

http://charmattack.net/images/wow/WoWSc ... 010925.jpg

Three things:
1) 508 def (the screenshot is right after the rez, same gear)
2) Level 72 mob critting me for 10k
3) I have X bound to Cleanse (I don't have sit keybound)

...Yeah. I'm pretty sure those Soul-Eaters don't have a spell reflect (not that I tank trash with JoC anyway), so... what gives?
Bryne

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:23 am

I'm betting more money on your 90% certainty being the point than a real crit O.o

Solo tanked the whole place about 3 times now and didn't get a single crit unless I purposefully sat down for more mana, all my parses reflect that too.

A Few monsters in the game have increased crit chances or debuffs that make you take more melee damage / higher %crit chance on incoming attacks, none of them in Kara, last I checked.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Vagrant » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:02 am

Bryne, Eredar Soul-Eaters have a buff-debuff where they may lower a person's agility while increasing their own (and thus their crit chance).
http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=36778
Vagrant

Postby Guthin » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:03 am

Snake-Aes wrote:I'm betting more money on your 90% certainty being the point than a real crit O.o

Solo tanked the whole place about 3 times now and didn't get a single crit unless I purposefully sat down for more mana, all my parses reflect that too.

A Few monsters in the game have increased crit chances or debuffs that make you take more melee damage / higher %crit chance on incoming attacks, none of them in Kara, last I checked.

90% was a understatement, It's more like 99.9% sure...maybe im just rambling here(BTW, its jimmy i just made a new profile with my char's name) but when he got of his horse he kinda charged me...that seems like it may be a special attack and maybe a little higher chance to crit? and seeing as my defense is 490 exactly he could have gotten one off?
Guthin

Postby Vanifae » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:14 am

Jensaarai wrote:When stuff like this happens most of the time it's a user error, not in-game...when the situation was right (correct gear, nothing's broken, no sitting, no debuffs, etc) I've never ever gotten crit in thousands of combat situations. /shrug every time something like this happens, it's because they were accidentally crittable, or they sat down, or something of the like.

This is my experience as well.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Hankthetank » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:03 pm

Dorvan wrote:
Hankthetank wrote:Were there to be some minute impossible-to-remove chance of being crit, it would have to be intentionally coded.

I don't buy the "there's always a minute chance to be crit" theory, but I don't see how your statement follows. It wouldn't have to be intentionally coded, it could just be a bug.

I once read a quote from an interview with a Blizzard developer that, given the number of subscribers and the average time played per day, any random occurrence that happens just once every million hours of play time will happen every 11 minutes.

Given the massive massive amount of hours logged and recorded in raids, in addition to all the unlogged time in 5-mans and world farming, there should be far more reports of people being crit if it were bugged. Even if the bug gave just a one in a million chance of a crit happening, there would be nearly a thousand every week, close to four thousand every month, and nearly 50,000 per year. It would get noticed and very easily verified. Hell it's even likely that it would wind up in a WoW video, considering how many hours of videos that people film.

I'm not saying the system is completely foolproof, but if it were bugged, there would be a lot more reports on it.
Hankthetank

Postby Lore » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:07 pm

"Very, very unlikely" does not mean "impossible."

Again, I'm not saying that such a chance exists, I'm just saying that it's theoretically possible.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Dorvan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:36 pm

Hankthetank wrote:I once read a quote from an interview with a Blizzard developer that, given the number of subscribers and the average time played per day, any random occurrence that happens just once every million hours of play time will happen every 11 minutes.

Given the massive massive amount of hours logged and recorded in raids, in addition to all the unlogged time in 5-mans and world farming, there should be far more reports of people being crit if it were bugged. Even if the bug gave just a one in a million chance of a crit happening, there would be nearly a thousand every week, close to four thousand every month, and nearly 50,000 per year. It would get noticed and very easily verified. Hell it's even likely that it would wind up in a WoW video, considering how many hours of videos that people film.

I'm not saying the system is completely foolproof, but if it were bugged, there would be a lot more reports on it.

I agree that I don't think it exists, but that's irrelevant to the bug vs. intentional assertion. Whether it was a bug or intended you'd still see the same number of reports from players since they don't know that.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Karazhan