Remove Advertisements

Karazhan time record.

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Karazhan time record.

Postby NarfJones » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:13 pm

Our guild has a competition going between groups. Every week we do speed runs of Karazhan with 2 to 3 groups on our off night, just to have some fun. One of our guild officers has a paladin tank alt and he and I have kind of built a rivalry. All in good fun, though. So, as of this week my group holds the current guild record of 3h49m for a full clear.

Guidelines for a speed run:
1. Timer starts when you make the first pull.
2. ALL bosses have to be cleared, excluding the animal boss.
3. Timer stops as soon as the last boss hits the floor.
4. The raid can contain anyone from the guild, including mains and alts.
5. Bosses can be done in any order.
6. More than one person must verify the time.

I was wondering if anyone else does this, and if so, what is your best time?
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Antharas » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:50 pm

our guild does it in about 3 hours, we havnt tried a speed run tho. we just run it to let some of the worse geared ppl in guild and new recruits get gear.

i think this comming week were gonna put together our best group and try for 2 hour clear
Antharas

Postby NarfJones » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:42 pm

Im thinking putting together our best group could do a full 2 hour clear. We generally have alts sprinkled about the groups though. One thing we are going to change is not doing loot until after the bosses are down. The don't despawn, so that's a good 15-20 minutes off the time right there.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Everlight » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:57 pm

NarfJones wrote:The don't despawn, so that's a good 15-20 minutes off the time right there.

The bosses despawn after about 30 minutes. I lost my badges from Moroes from this happening.
Everlight

Postby Bryne » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:51 pm

If your best time currently is almost 4 hours, there's no way your group is going to cut that time in half. Most people can do a full clear in about 3 hours and that's pretty normal.
Bryne

Postby mazater » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:43 pm

Started at 1800 realm time and finished somewhere around 21-22.
We also got 2 groups up and competing against each other(The group with prot pally,me, usually wins)

Just out of curiosity, when you finish Opera event, do you go to nightbane/curator the inside way, or do you run out and to the back door?

Our guild mostly runs the inside way for the phat lootz and I'm pretty sure it's faster way too.(Definetly is if there happens to be allies outside)
mazater

Postby QuantumDelta » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:47 am

We've done an hour and fourty going about as quick as we could mains only, 7 DPS -mostly AoE ranged, 2 Healers, 1 tank.

Did stop for loots though for us it's mostly "aww that crap shaaaaaaard" so kinda minimal fuss :<
We heavily overgear the place and I wear so much spelldamage gear I'm sure I could be counted as a 8th DPS >_>

Edit:
To give an idea of the kinda spelldamage I'm talking about needing since I don't get raid buffs, including food flask and oil it's about 900+ SD with the Al'ar trinket up.
I've never actually checked though..
774 + Oil + Flask + Food = ? well that's whatever it is anyway :<

I'll make them do it again when I get T6, only......all of it to go!
QuantumDelta

Postby Aalryn » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:33 am

People in my guild only ever bring alts anymore to kara, but if the run goes over 2 1/2 hrs I get angry.

Last week we went with FULL casters.. we had nightbane take off at 75% and didn't land again till 5%. That was insane. He would come in to land and never touch the ground, just take off again.

The pulls after curator with the magic immune mobs took longer than most of the bosses.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Antharas » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:12 pm

Aalryn wrote:People in my guild only ever bring alts anymore to kara, but if the run goes over 2 1/2 hrs I get angry.

Last week we went with FULL casters.. we had nightbane take off at 75% and didn't land again till 5%. That was insane. He would come in to land and never touch the ground, just take off again.

The pulls after curator with the magic immune mobs took longer than most of the bosses.

did u guys just ignore the skeletons for that? thats rediclous lol

this post got me to talk my guild into running w/ our best group btw. we cleared in 2 hours 24 minutes including break for repairs and 1 wipe cause someone d/ced at a bad time
Antharas

Postby Dorvan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:25 pm

Had an excellent 2-2.5 hour clear last night. I was on my rogue alt, there were lots of good times to be had. We didn't quite have Nightbane taking off immediately, but he was usually 10-15% into the next stage by the time he landed each time. Curator went down in 2 min 20 seconds...Prince and Nightbane might have lasted a little over 3 minutes, but all the others went down in less than that.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Tyaera » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:02 pm

Antharas wrote:
Aalryn wrote:People in my guild only ever bring alts anymore to kara, but if the run goes over 2 1/2 hrs I get angry.

did u guys just ignore the skeletons for that? thats rediclous lol

this post got me to talk my guild into running w/ our best group btw. we cleared in 2 hours 24 minutes including break for repairs and 1 wipe cause someone d/ced at a bad time

R.I.D.I.C.U.L.O.U.S.

KTHX

:)

its quite possible to tank the skeletons with a high spell damage protection paladin, who can AOE them all down himself, while maybe one caster AOEs and the rest burn Nightbane from the air. 2 healer groups are always faster.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Cakes » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:00 am

Pulled one in tonight around 1 hour 40 minutes, start to end, not skipping philanthropist trash (we need the monies!). 1 tank, 1 healer, 8 dps, no shamans so no heroism. Even pulled Curator with the last trash pack in that hall, had him at 30% before evocate.

Note: Some of the pulls you can tank sans healer to keep a steady pace of pulls going, while your healer drinks.
Cakes

Postby NarfJones » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:50 am

Aalryn wrote:Last week we went with FULL casters.. we had nightbane take off at 75% and didn't land again till 5%. That was insane. He would come in to land and never touch the ground, just take off again.

When does he reset aggro? That would mean to me that he takes off after the most ambitious cast in the raid when he lands.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Antharas » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:09 am

Cakes wrote:Pulled one in tonight around 1 hour 40 minutes, start to end, not skipping philanthropist trash (we need the monies!). 1 tank, 1 healer, 8 dps, no shamans so no heroism. Even pulled Curator with the last trash pack in that hall, had him at 30% before evocate.

Note: Some of the pulls you can tank sans healer to keep a steady pace of pulls going, while your healer drinks.

just out of curiousity, what healing was ur healer at? i cant even imagine doing kara w/ one healer haha
Antharas

Postby Cakes » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:56 am

Antharas wrote:
Cakes wrote:Pulled one in tonight around 1 hour 40 minutes, start to end, not skipping philanthropist trash (we need the monies!). 1 tank, 1 healer, 8 dps, no shamans so no heroism. Even pulled Curator with the last trash pack in that hall, had him at 30% before evocate.

just out of curiousity, what healing was ur healer at? i cant even imagine doing kara w/ one healer haha

Eh... 2200-2300 buffed? Not really sure, he's in his ret gear atm.
Cakes

Next

Return to Karazhan