True Tales of Warrior Bitterness!

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

True Tales of Warrior Bitterness!

Postby ulushnar » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:09 am

This from my group's forum. Where names were mentioned, I replaced them with a description in Italics.

Prot Warrior wrote:as the SSC run got cancelled i led some peeps to Z'A.

almost made the timer on the bear, and the bird kill was flawless.

we headed there with 2 prot warriors (oh my), 2 pala healer and 1 resto druid.
1 hunter 1 lock 1 mage 1 enchantement shammy and 1 shadowpriest.

Other Prot Warrior with lovefury did almost 600 dps i think it was said.

headed to the lynx, where the paladins had some fun with stunning the tanks.

killed the lynx on 2nd go, with 2 prot warriors (oh my)

then headed to dragonhawk boss, had some minor problems with taking down the scouts as we had no rogue, but a charge from the tanks fixed that.

our best attempt on dragonhawk boss was 25%, with all the hawks dead.

and that without a pala tank (oh my), I had fun atleast.

the drops where, mail shoulders from bear ( no boots grr) no one could shard so Holydin got it.
sword from bird boss, Other Prot Warrior tok it for dmg gear.
and a leather healing chest from lynx, Enhancement Shammy got it for healing set.

not an optimal group (oh my)

Our Prot Warriors are getting bitter since some of our members refuse to do ZA runs without a Protadin and Feral Druid tanking team. Understandable I guess, but still funny. :)
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Annabelle » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:17 am

hehe, it's just so much simpler with a tankadin. The gauntlet to the eagle, the trash on the way to the lynx, if a scount calls 2 guys with the drum. The first couple times there I was on my rogue and the gauntlet was a pain, aoe dying and having to run back. We never made it to the lynx trash. I am OT there each time we go and those parts are trivial as well the the adds on the dragonhawk. I do switch out my rogue for hexlord since my pally can't kick every 6 seconds :roll:
Keep your friends close and your curly fries even closer.
Annabelle

Postby Catriona » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:23 am

I'd really like to go on my pally, but the warrior tank that always goes insists on a "no blues" rule, which Chiv does not currently meet (still rocking my d3 gloves/shoulders due to bad drop rates). I'm positive I could do fine in there but as of right now I simply continue to refuse to bring my priest. They rarely make it past wiping on Lynx anyway, and until the day before yesterday I was still hoping for some things off Malacress/timed boxes.
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:37 am

Catriona wrote:I'd really like to go on my pally, but the warrior tank that always goes insists on a "no blues" rule, which Chiv does not currently meet (still rocking my d3 gloves/shoulders due to bad drop rates). I'm positive I could do fine in there but as of right now I simply continue to refuse to bring my priest. They rarely make it past wiping on Lynx anyway, and until the day before yesterday I was still hoping for some things off Malacress/timed boxes.
Tell him I tanked it with blues. My gear by then didn't have either trinket, but Adamantite Figurine and Dabiri's Enigma instead.

Tanked eagle boss and troll-form bear boss.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby shade » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:45 am

yeah you can tank it in a few blues i still have the strength of the untamed neck, shoulders of righteousness, and only one tanking ring, shit i've tanked tidewalker.
One to be born from a Dragon.....
shade

Postby Fedaykin98 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:09 pm

I have tanked Bear form with blue neck and shoulders (which I still have).

'course, I have a ton of badge gear, and 15.5k hp unbuffed...but it's a stupid, arbitrary rule.
Fedaykin98

Postby Everlight » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:31 pm

I generally don't get much of a problem with our Warriors. We've got one Prot warrior full-time raider, and he and I get along quite well - I pass on loot that's good for him, he passes on the next piece of loot that's good for me, and we exchange tips and info.

It's our new Druids I have a bigger problem with. We have a new person, who on the VR fight complained that I was holding all the threat and there wasn't any point her being there. And then she ran up and broke CC on mobs that I was standing in front of before the RL said they were to be broken, then complained when I judged and took the mob off her.

But I had my biggest problem last Gruul with a trial Prot warrior - and it's the first time I've ever had to pull someone up and tell them to stop what they were doing. He wasn't a designated tank on the Lair Brutes, and I noticed him taunting them off me, and going nuts on Devastate / Shield Slam straight off the pull. This activity was getting people killed, because I typically hold back on my Judgement until they run off, so I can get a burst of threat after the RD.

I told him to stop fighting me for threat, and his activity was getting raid members killed and has been noted. He didn't say anything, but the problem stopped.
Everlight

Postby SmurfZG » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:48 pm

Catriona wrote:I'd really like to go on my pally, but the warrior tank that always goes insists on a "no blues" rule, which Chiv does not currently meet (still rocking my d3 gloves/shoulders due to bad drop rates). I'm positive I could do fine in there but as of right now I simply continue to refuse to bring my priest. They rarely make it past wiping on Lynx anyway, and until the day before yesterday I was still hoping for some things off Malacress/timed boxes.

At my first za clear (server first ^_^) it was me tanking, and our ret paladin who specced prot. His prot gear is more blue than epic, and the few epics he has are early kara and last boss in heroics epix.
SmurfZG

Postby ulushnar » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:53 am

Don't get me wrong, I get on great with most of our regular tanking team. The warrior who posted that is just desperate to get his hands on the boots from the Bear at every opportunity, but whenever a raid leader's trying to get a group together to beat the timers, he'll specify he's looking for a Protadin/Feral tanking team.

I can completely understand the warrior's frustration, although I think he coulda laid off the sarcasm somewhat.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Return to Arkham Asylum