Remove Advertisements

Re: Electrical Storm perfect 5 sec. warning

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Re: Electrical Storm perfect 5 sec. warning

Postby Dynaheir » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:58 am

heldrath wrote:Does anyone have a suggestion for a good boss mod that will warn you before the electrical storm appears? We were using one last night that just was totally off, and wouldn't warn us until after the storm. Kinda screwed us up. Have you guys found an accurate one?

I am makinig this reply as a new thread because I've seen how so many people are having trouble with this special encounter. I've tried different mods, DBM, BigWigs, and all they "time" is the *cooldown* of the storm. They don't really anticipate it. I've had storms on cooldown for up to 30 seconds with everyone clamping together taking huge aoe damage waiting for the storm to happen with total uncertainty.

So far the only way our group has found to perfectly anticipate the storm is by ear. When we do this fight, I turn off Vent, Sound effects, Music, Error speech, error sounds, emote sounds, pretty much everything but ambience. Then set my speakers to blow up my head. You will hear the same ambience throughout most all ZA, but 5 seconds before the storm starts you *will* hear it brewing up. Some thunder sounds, rain sounds, that's when you spam a macro like:

/rw Storm Soon! - Collapse!

You might be lucky and have it happen while there's 5 seconds left on the cooldown, and everyone will be prepared. But as I've mentioned before, if you're not, and everyone collapses before the storm actually happens, its huge aoe damage and debuff stacking that will probably wipe your group. I just tell everyone to ignore the DBM/BW timers and wait for the macro to move in.

ps. This faker gave me the punisher last night, im so happy! :P
Dynaheir

Postby thando36 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:44 am

that method works so well, and as a little side bonus... the music is so soothing, its makes you less stressed and such, just calming nature sounds while ur raining death and destuction all on around you.
thando36

Postby mazater » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:39 am

My own, nor our RL's DBM has never, ever, been off.

Always at the excat time, but oh well, stuff happen :?
mazater

Postby Dorvan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:49 am

This should have been added to the existing eagle boss thread, please post it there.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Return to Zul'aman