Illidari Council

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Gerilith » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:25 am

Worldie wrote:I just wondered, what happens at the enrage, we never made it to there (15 min zzzzz), our first kill happened few seconds before eventually...

300% damage on all abilities and whitehits.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:28 am

Hots have not to be underestimated in this fight, even the reju+swiftment combo is very powerful. Druids do good job, at least one i would recommend.
If not for HoTs, for combat resses.

On Gathios best choice will always be a warrior, the majority of the damage taken is magic, and eventually the judgement is 7k damage that could instead have been on Gathios.

If you have only one warrior, best thing would be war on Gathios, you on Malande (yes, on malande) and druid on Veras. Veras is definitively tanked better by the druid. If you have 2 warriors, one on Gathios, one on Malande, and you go on Veras, and the druid goes DPS.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amran20 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:55 am

I'd say that the Paladin and Druid are swappable. Each can do a great job on Veras, and an ok job on Malande. My guild did use a rogue on malande when I tanked her, and we still killed it fast enough. It's just all about finding a formula that works for your guild, and having people call out Envenoms and for people to stay out the nasty things that fly everywhere.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Peaces » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:07 am

Have been doing council for quite some time now and I did Malande once, all the other times I have been on rogue. Never any problems with tanking the rogue.

As been suggested in this thread :

Tank him in the little niche next to the entrance door away from the raid (you have some more time then in case your JoR gets missed)
Use a simple macro : /target Veras /cast judgement and just spam the macro when you see the reappearing on a bossmod

Very, very easy fight for paladins then, but also boring indeed, cause he is vanished a lot, but what can I say, I love boring fights ;) Less work for me !

I always have a druid healer when tanking the rogue.
Peaces

Postby Jensaarai » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:14 am

Well, we brought an extra healer (8) and one-shot them tonight so...I guess that was our biggest problem >.< onto Illidan, w00t!
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Morganim » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:12 am

We started attempts on these guys tonight
about 4 or 5 attempts 45%, had some problems first with MT getting nuked then with people avoiding aoe, but i think we should get it tommrow night with some tweaking :D.

Just wanted to say i went in expecting to be troubled on rogue and work for it but its ridiculously easy lol.
Welll except for the one time he came out of vanish down near the paladin and killed 3 healers :P
Morganim

Postby Shai » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:50 am

Morganim wrote:Welll except for the one time he came out of vanish down near the paladin and killed 3 healers :P

Just wait for that one time when he comes out of vanish right next to the mage tank and oneshots the poor thing. :shock:
Shai

Postby Gerilith » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:22 pm

Shai wrote:
Morganim wrote:Welll except for the one time he came out of vanish down near the paladin and killed 3 healers :P

Just wait for that one time when he comes out of vanish right next to the mage tank and oneshots the poor thing. :shock:

? He is visible before he does anything and respawns within a rather small range of where he vanished. Using a /target /cast macro will let you cast your first threat on him before he even moves.
Gerilith

Postby Kailyn » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:57 pm

hmm this might be a small point but its something stupid people like me dont think of till after a few tries.

If you're tanking the rogue, turn on NPC names in the interface options, then when he vanishes hes easy to spot by his bright red name when he reapears.

The first time I tried this fight I didn't have them on and when he reapered I found it hard to see where he was cause he was in the middle of people and kind of blended in to the background.
<Vision> Quel'thalas
Kailyn

Postby Shai » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:58 pm

Gerilith wrote:? He is visible before he does anything and respawns within a rather small range of where he vanished. Using a /target /cast macro will let you cast your first threat on him before he even moves.

The range is normally small, but but not always. I used to stand pretty close to the door where he is tanked, like a bit over judge range towards the middle and few times he spawned behind me, once way behind me, which was immensly funny with the "target not in front of you, quickly spin around, oh, he's hitting the priest, oh he got blessing of spellwarding, oh the second healer on threat is on the other side of room way outside taunt range, where's that panic button for misdirect again?"

After this amusing incident I decided to move somewhat more back to the middle of the room so I can cover a bigger area. This new tactic worked well over a month until last week, when he decided to spawn at the back wall right next to the mage tank. Of course I was about 35 yards out of the wall or something, and before I could run forward in panic, he managed to get a hit on the mage tank. The 99% of the time he appears at the normal spot and the fight is just routine, but when he decides to appear at the place where you least expect it... Not so much fun. To be fair every single time before he has run for the healer so I wasn't exactly paying huge amounts of attention to covering the mage tank under all circumstances.
Last edited by Shai on Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shai

Postby Worldie » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:59 pm

Easiest way is just tanking him away from the raid, so he will always reappear in "proper" positions.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Shai » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:20 pm

Worldie wrote:Easiest way is just tanking him away from the raid, so he will always reappear in "proper" positions.

The problem with our positioning is, that there is no away from everybody else. If we did it like say in the bosskillers picture, could just tank him even further in the corner nps, and he would never get anywhere no matter how far away from normal he spawns. Or I could just start facing the raid so if he spawns behind me for some reason, can still cast as he's running by and he won't get that far. But we have the mage tank here, so no such option.
Shai

Postby Morganim » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:26 pm

Gerilith wrote:? He is visible before he does anything and respawns within a rather small range of where he vanished. Using a /target /cast macro will let you cast your first threat on him before he even moves.

Worldie wrote:Easiest way is just tanking him away from the raid, so he will always reappear in "proper" positions.

This is what i was doing,
bascialyl tanking him to the left of the door as no one is around there, and when he vanishes i just sit there asleep spamming my /tar /cast macro.

But then one time the vanish cooldown ended, and i couldnt see him anywhere or get him with /tar macro.
He had come out of vanish on the other side of the room which is a good couple secs of running before i could AS him whihc = dead healers ;P

spose it teaches me to be half asleep but its just so easy lol
Morganim

Postby Atreidies » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:07 pm

Quick question since I'm going to sleep and don't want to read and believe I know the answer already... Can Gathios crush? I recall hearing that the only mob that can crush is Veras, but just wanted to make sure, kinda crossed my mind tonight after spamming Shield Block on Council and starving for rage the entire fight.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Gerilith » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:21 am

Atreidies wrote:Quick question since I'm going to sleep and don't want to read and believe I know the answer already... Can Gathios crush? I recall hearing that the only mob that can crush is Veras, but just wanted to make sure, kinda crossed my mind tonight after spamming Shield Block on Council and starving for rage the entire fight.

He is able to crush iirc
Gerilith

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple