Remove Advertisements

Fathom Lord Karathress : The hunter

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Arthurious » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:38 am

Hey, just use this macro

/target Fathom Sporebat
/target Fathom Lurker

This is a /target macro for the hunters 2 pets(random which 1 will spawn). After the initial pull, hit the hunter with a SoR judgement then reseal and start kiting him into killing position. Keep spamming this macro and eventually it will auto target the pet that spawns and all you have to do is judgement again.

Make sure you tell your DPS not to DPS until you have the hunter in position. And when you do have both the hunter and his pet in position use a max rank consecrate the hit avenging wrath and tell your dps to go all out.
Arthurious

Postby Kellann » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:46 am

eska wrote:...If it is the elemental be careful because it seems to despawn after awhile and then he summons a new pet (which by now cons. will just pick up if you are stationary)...

Ahhh, thanks for the confirmation of that - I was wondering what the hell was going on and if we'd bugged it somehow. (some old strats said banish the elem, but people complained he was immune - then he despawned)

--

As to grabbing aggro on both, we came up with something on the fly (to pacify the RL's worries) that makes darn sure that pet goes nowhere.

My hunter saved MD for pet - pulled my target oldschool, ran thru my prelaid consecrate while I slammed him with AS and JoR as range came up. Once the pet spawned, there was consecrate/tab-JoR/MD to keep it VERY stuck :P

And the macros for:
/target this
/target that
/target someotherdude
/target hismom

are great here and for so many things (quest with 4 named mobs that you don't feel like looking for? etc)
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Postby bighammar » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:59 am

honestly, there's no reason not to be using max rate consecrate. i don't even have to touch the pet with that and holy shield up, and i'm running around in max stam gear.
------
a sometimes genius
bighammar

Postby Korath » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 am

Did Hunter for the 1st time last night and took some advice from here...

Ran at him and judged him for aggro and then waited in the middle of the room untill his pet spawned (cons down) which picked pet up instantly, then dragged them both to the wall and kept them there.

Both times we did it (1st was a wipe) I didnt have to judge the pet. Cons, Ret aura, BoSan (3 pallys in raid) and holy sheild did it all for me :)

.::. Karak 70 Resto Shaman .::.
.::. Sajuuk 70 Destro Warlock .::.
.::. Bentusi 60 Ret Paladin .::.
Korath

Postby Turkesh » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:47 pm

yea same as others have said

I get a MD on the hunter judge him with SoR right at the start and save the next one for the pet. pull him back a lil bit then stop and wait for him to summon pet. I already have con down and it picks the pet up for me. switch over the pet judge him and then walk them back into position. switch back to hunter and continue to con
Turkesh

Postby Rustyblade » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:31 am

Why is everyone rattling on about the pet and how to pick him up from the pull? I found that very easy to do personally.

My major concern is that the AoE he does that drains mana and health or atleast thats what my guild told me he did as after I did some research online I cant see where it says its an AoE just a single target shot.

So how do you LoS him from the healers and not LoS youself from them?

Or have I been misinformed?
Rustyblade

Postby Steg » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:51 am

for the LoS position in the niche with the campfire behind the pillar from original pull position...

But as far as i know it's indeed a single target shot that drains the mana
Steg

Postby Taiko » Tue May 20, 2008 8:28 am

confirmed... consecration solves the problem w agroing pet... in case u happened to be 5th OT in raid and assigned only for that pet make sure hunter's tank stop moving for few sec so you can grab pet w consecration.. than both of you can move further where needed
Taiko

Previous

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern