Remove Advertisements

My Build

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

My Build

Postby Shabadoo » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:28 pm

This is the build I currently have, for my last talent point Im planning on putting it in pursuit of justice for the speed bonus so I can catch up to people since Im on a pvp server. So far I have been tanking 5 mans really succesfully.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000
Shabadoo

Postby Chevalier » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:42 pm

I give your build a thumbs up!
Chevalier

Postby Selye » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:01 pm

Personally, I'd stay away from PoJ and just get Boar's Vitality on boots (+9 Stam and +8% Runspeed? Something like that.) However, I'm really looking at Stoicism, since I've been agonizing over a similar build myself.

The 10% stun resist I know, from playing an Orc Rogue pre-BC, isn't really of note; it doesn't go off anywhere near enough to be relied upon, or to change a battle significantly. But the 30% Dispel resist I'm pondering. How much does that really help? I know there are bosses that pulse an AoE Dispel Magic (Garr in MC, Epoch Hunter in Old Hillsbrad, to name a couple), and of course Mass Dispel, Purge, Spellsteal, and similar in PvP. But how much does it help over, say, full Precision in those sorts of situations? This is all assuming a PvP server, as well.

I'm also curious about Spell Warding. I see it in most every Tankadin build, but most all of the Warriors I've talked to seem to revile Improved Defencive Stance, which is essentially the same thing. Is there something specific that makes it that much more valuable for a Paladin Tank over a Warrior Tank? I would think that would be one of the first places to pull points from to fill in to Stoicism, if desired, or Improved Hammer of Justice or Improved Concentration Aura.
Selye

Postby Lore » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:57 am

Stoicism really isn't worth it. Epoch Hunter is rough, but he's the only encounter I've run into with an AOE dispel.

Warriors that revile Improved Defensive Stance are stupid, don't listen to them. Spell Warding is great.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby DamienVrice » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:12 am

Selye wrote:Personally, I'd stay away from PoJ and just get Boar's Vitality on boots (+9 Stam and +8% Runspeed? Something like that.) However, I'm really looking at Stoicism, since I've been agonizing over a similar build myself.

The 10% stun resist I know, from playing an Orc Rogue pre-BC, isn't really of note; it doesn't go off anywhere near enough to be relied upon, or to change a battle significantly. But the 30% Dispel resist I'm pondering. How much does that really help? I know there are bosses that pulse an AoE Dispel Magic (Garr in MC, Epoch Hunter in Old Hillsbrad, to name a couple), and of course Mass Dispel, Purge, Spellsteal, and similar in PvP. But how much does it help over, say, full Precision in those sorts of situations? This is all assuming a PvP server, as well.

I'm also curious about Spell Warding. I see it in most every Tankadin build, but most all of the Warriors I've talked to seem to revile Improved Defencive Stance, which is essentially the same thing. Is there something specific that makes it that much more valuable for a Paladin Tank over a Warrior Tank? I would think that would be one of the first places to pull points from to fill in to Stoicism, if desired, or Improved Hammer of Justice or Improved Concentration Aura.

Another reason they may not be as concerned about improved Defensive stance as opposed to Paladins liking spell warding may be due to the fact of spell interrupts and a paladins lack thereof. In the case of alliance paladins there is only HoJ and for Belfs there is also Arcane torrent. Let's face it a 1min cooldown and 2min cooldown will only be so effective so any chance to mitigate some of that damage is a definite plus.
70 Tankadin - DamienVrice
Doomhammer Server
DamienVrice

Postby Lore » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:27 am

Anything worth interrupting (ie: bosses) is generally immune to stuns and silences, also. So neither HoJ or Arcane Torrent will work on them.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby DamienVrice » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:53 am

So yeah that does leave us really suckin and it would seem to me that's why no Prot Spec Paladin misses a beat when you have the chance for any damage reduction to spell damage.

as far as HoJ I agree you're right, however I've found Arcane Torrent will still interrupt the spell at least even when the silence gets interrupted or the mob is immune.

I have to say I'm not really pinning too many hopes on a spell interrupt with a 2min cooldown
70 Tankadin - DamienVrice
Doomhammer Server
DamienVrice

Postby Selye » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:55 am

Okay, so at least in PvE, Stoicism is a moot talent. What about in PvP, will it actually help at all, or just wishful thinking that the 30% Dispel Resist will do something great?
Selye

Postby honorshammer » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:04 am

Selye wrote:Okay, so at least in PvE, Stoicism is a moot talent. What about in PvP, will it actually help at all, or just wishful thinking that the 30% Dispel Resist will do something great?

You gain Divine Shield
UD Priest Casts Mass Dispell
You resist Mass Dispell

You really wish you could listen in on UD Preist's vent server.
honorshammer

Return to Basic Training & Talents