Remove Advertisements

Mr Warlock went on holidays :-)

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Mr Warlock went on holidays :-)

Postby palouf » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:25 am

Hello all,

Since our warlock is not here, we are facing big lacks in shade fights.
With the warlock, he banish 1, chain fear 1 and i tank/kite 2, all the other dps on shade.

But now, everything goes well until the elementals spawn and then its really hard to tank/kite 4 of them due to random effects and shade keeping dpsing me.

I've read thats doable without the warlock but what do you recommend ?

1- Kill/tank the 4 mobs, while 2 interrupts stay on shade ?
2- Kill 2 and tank/kite 2, and continue focusing shade?
palouf

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:36 am

If you heal the fight, go in there in tank gear anyway, put FR aura up and smash 2 of them. If your dpsers can't handle 2 elementals they have problems, you'll be okay tanking 2 of them.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Equitas » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:42 am

As a raidleader im having trouble not to scream at the remaining 9 idiots for being incompetent assholes and whiping us 12 times on aran 2 days ago.

Elementals have a total health of 12K per Ele. This is approximately the same amount of health that a flare has, so its probably best to go in with a setup you used for the Curator.

You need to mark the flares fast to avoid confusion, the elemental phase is really tough because youre healers even if they are good might have to make choices who to sacrifice for example if people arent focusing enough and get caught up in a blizzard. Its kind of useless to tank them since you cant kite them around really best thing to do is just go all out dps on focused elementals and help out healing as much as possible.
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby palouf » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:22 am

Thanks a lot.

I think that I just need to mark fast at least 2 mobs so that dps can take care of them, grab the aggro on the closest one and the last as fast as i can.
Then depending on aran mana pool %, or quick dps him or kill the 2 left adds.
palouf

Postby mazater » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:38 am

You don't have to even mark them.

When we kill aran, our RL says in TS:
"Okay mister tankadin, you will tank the ele that spawns at the upper left corner of the room(when looking from the door), and a warlock banishes the ele that spawns at the upper right corner of the room" etc
mazater

Postby Zeels » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:07 am

I don't see any need in tanking them tbh. Just put on healing gear or dps gear. Use hammer of justice if you can. But equipping tank gear just for the elementals seems like a huge overkill imo. You can still taunt one if you have healing gear, and then heal yourself.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Caelia » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:15 am

Heh, we just kill all 4 with melee generally stickin on aran. 1 person marks and everyone assists him to kill. We usually keep 1-2 interuptors on aran and the rest stays on elementals, I generally try to pick up what i can, priests blow fears.
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby palouf » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:24 am

Thats what we did at last on our second try.
We just nuked the 4 after having discussed the order before and letting 2 melee interrupters on shade ( rogue/war ).

I did have to use LoH and healing pots as we are doing kara with only 2 healers ( pala/priest ).

Its the first time we attain the polymorph phase ( as we did loose at lot of time on elementals ) but it wasn't a real problem comparing to elementals as the raid was almost full health 5 seconds after the 4 mobs were killed.

We moved to prince and we were not so lucky as the ranged group had to move twice on phase 2. On the best try at 10%, the Spriest got a SNova when enfeebled as he forgot to move a little back so the mana regen dropped and the Main healer went oom :-) We'll be back after reset :-)
palouf

Return to Karazhan