Morogrim's Murlocs

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby khash » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:18 pm

tried him for the first time tonight with my new guild (they basically recruited me solely because of this fight and theyve never seen a pally tank lol) we got him to 10% on the best run so should kill him tomorrow

i can definitely confirm that 3 holy lights on a warlock will plaster those adds to you as long as you get the first one off immediately after an earthquake. the third will get off just before one of the groups reaches you and then youre free to consecrate. i was the only murloc tank with a few warriors picking up stragglers (which there weren't any unless i was tombed)

the big issue was the water tomb, specifically if it came right after a consecrate as all the adds would run over and them combined with the water tomb damage would kill me (DS is usually on cooldown by this point)

another issue was you pretty much need a shadow priest in your group, i was blowing through mana way too quickly without one but was fine with one

is there anything i can do if im tombed with DS on cooldown and theyre all running to me or is that gg?
khash

Postby Phaex » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:00 am

Hehe same, i applied to my guild as a tank. Most of them were a bit like "wtf pally" and so on. But i already knew some people in there since a long time, so they gave it a try. Well, now theres a happy guild and a happy pally who finally gets to tank ^^

Have 2 or 3 healers take care of you, depends on your gear or their gear of course :)
When you get tombed with murloc adds, they should be able to react and get into healrange until the murlocs reach you.

The few times this doesn't work a bop with healthstone and pot right after the tomb explodes usually is enough to survive for me.
Once in a while one of the better mages realized what was going on and frostnova'd all murlocs just a few yards away from the camp. This buys enough time to get out of that tomb and run back. Maybe you could assign one to do this. Whisper macro or something as a signal should be fine.

But i only get hit for unblocked 500 each, tomb 4.5k. Raidbuffed almost 17k hp, it really isn't that bad. Just make sure you don't get surrounded by them, move backwards with holy shield up, they really don't hit hard that way.
Phaex

Postby khash » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:15 am

i like the frost nova idea, the dmg they do is really minimal, i pretty much only have one healer most of the time during murlocs, its just them combined with the tomb that does me in but nova should take care of that. my HP isnt nearly that high but my avoidance is pretty high (my recap stats were showing me at 78% dodge/miss/parry on the trash mobs clearing to boss last night which sucked for aggro let me tell you lol)
khash

Postby khash » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:49 am

also, does anyone know if the pvp trinket will get you out of the water tomb?
khash

Postby Havn » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:36 pm

Umm.. Tank the adds in the pool by the watery tombs. You will never get tombed. Makes the fight easy mode with a pally tank.
Havn

Postby Iliria » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:42 pm

Yep yep, you can outrange watery tomb as long as you're beyond 45 yards from morogrim
Iliria

Postby Nich » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:59 am

If you outrange tomb, do you lose much dps on Morogrim by not having the aoe hit him when the murlocs are up?
Nich

Postby Girard » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:09 am

Hey Lore, thanks for the video.

I got into one of the end-game raiding guilds recently and I had my first attempt on Morogrim last night. I'm a bit undergeared compared to most of our AoE DPS output, but managed to do alright.

I have a few questions for ya tho, if you don't mind.

How much +dmg do you have (or at least, how much do you get consecrate to tick for)? Given that in full raid buffs I have about 247 and our mages/locks have about 1k-1.2k in their field, I'm having some trouble keeping them for long.

How much HP should I have? I'm hitting around 14-15k raid buffed now.

And the easiest.. what's that mod you use that causes it to say "Aggro"? =)
Girard

Postby khash » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:13 am

here is a video from our last tidewalker kill for those who had questions about the murlocs

high res: http://files.filefront.com/tidewalkerhi ... einfo.html
low res: http://files.filefront.com/tidewalkerwm ... einfo.html

if you stream quality is pretty much the same, but highres is much better downloaded

i put the song to it because i think its hilarious, dont really care if it fits lol

things to note:
MT was a druid
I tanked all of the murlocs
Aggro chain was:
immediately after earthquake 3 holy lights on lifetapping warlock with
BoL on him
max rank consecrate as soon as 3rd heal goes off
shield block
repeat SB and Con everytime their cooldown is up, i used SoW for
mana since i didnt have a shadow priest, and popped Colusses
trinket when it was up (heals when you block)

frost trap was kept down to prevent them from slaughtering me when i got tombed (happened a few times in the fight), note this will also make half of them take longer to get to you but with 3 holy lights as long as the warlock isnt at full HP youll still get aggro without much worry (only time they didnt come to be was when our other pally had RF on for the dmg reduction, or to be an ass, not sure which, but he died and the problem fixed itself

in phase 2 if you all group up where i did you will only have time to get off 2 holy lights before the first group hits you, so just drop cons immediately after the 2nd and you should still get them all as now only you and the MT are the only ones taking damage so healing aggro will be less

you can bubble out of tomb but i like to save it in case i get tombed right before an earthquake, any other time you either already have aggro, arent going to be able to get it anyway, or there arent murlocs up so no reason to waste it
khash

Postby dhan619 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:06 am

VERY VERY VERY EASY way to do this is by using healer aggro.

If all of the paladins gather up in one tight spot and turn on righteous fury... they draw all of the murlocs from healing... making them come into one spot. All you hvae to do is consecrate before it hits these healers and they will probably get hit once before they stick to you like glue.

Easy done easy go you tank them all.
Danielhan
<Grandeur>
Server: Muradin

dhan619

Postby Warrender » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:39 am

Since a recent patch, Watery Grave will only affect players within a certain range of Tidewalker. So we position the Murloc tank (me) and his healer(s) closer to the middle and tank Tidewalker near the north corridor. So far this has worked flawlessly allowing me to do my job without ever getting Graved.

We have a Warlock whose only job in phase 1 is to lifetap himself down so I can get 2 full Holy Lights on him since overhealing doesn't cause aggro. I cue up the Holy Lights when the Murlocs spawn and this combined with healers not healing during this time is enough to have both packs make a beeline for where I wait to tank them all. After I get aggro, AOE opens up to make short work of them with the lifetapping Warlock pitching in with Seed.

In Phase 2, we move Morogrim further closer the north hallway to avoid the Water Bubbles and I tank the Murlocs inside the hallway.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Lowgrus » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:33 am

I just despise this fight we've worked on him for almost 3 nights now got him down to like 45 percent so far. Going back in there tonight. We've been using holy paladins to get aggro and I pull one side off of them but the feral druids and warriors can't keep their side. I'm thinking to w8 a little longer before people do AoE becuase they just keep dieing and like you guys said endurance fight. But did I meantion I hate this stupid fight. I mean why can't you just reset him. Its sooooo anoying. And thats not the eziest trash up to him. Its not god awful but gosh I hate morogrim.
Lowgrus

Postby Lore » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:45 am

It's really a LOT easier on non-Paladin add tanks if you use frost novas. I'm pretty sure it's a lot easier either way.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby khash » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:05 pm

Lowgrus wrote:but the feral druids and warriors can't keep their side.

just tank them all then, thats what i do, 3 holy lights on a warlock with fel armor and Blessing of Light on him should get them on you no problem as long as your healers have salv and arent throwing huge heals right after an earthquake
khash

Postby Reiyuka » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:27 pm

I've been having a depressing amount of trouble on the murlocs, and I don't know if it's me or what.

I'm sitting at around 491 spell damage; I have my Gavel of Pure Light macrod into my HL key (and the Amani Punisher into Holy Shield), which is pointed at my focus, a lifetapping warlock with (I think) amplify magic, blessing of light, and fel armour. My heals hit for about 3200, and I'm reliably getting two heals off (I'm not sure how you guys manage three).

We're using the strategy where everyone stands right behind Morogrim.

And yet the murlocs often head straight for the priests - one of them in particular. A couple of times they've headed straight for the druid tank.

There's a few things I can think of going wrong - the warlock might not be lifetapping fast enough, the priests might be overhealing and drawing too much threat. The DPSers seem to die. I'm not sure why, since they should be hitting Morogrim, not the murlocs, until I call for AOE (I usually wait until the second group). What would the DPSers be doing to cause threat on the murlocs?

It's not so much catastrophic failure as losing one or two people every wave. Sometimes we lose them to watery grave, sometimes to murlocs.

Are there any more general tips to increase my threat output? I'm a little bit at a loss as to why I'm having so much trouble controlling them. I'm even judging and sealing Wisdom for the mana regen threat.

edit: from WWS, my Holy Light stats:

Avg 3990 6038
Max 4409 6117

It says I'm averaging 49% overheal. Maybe my warlock isn't lifetapping hard enough.
Reiyuka

PreviousNext

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern