Remove Advertisements

Mt. Hyjal - Anetheron

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Jensaarai » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:59 am

The most important stat for those is FR, since it hits for a lot more than their melee. If you have good FR, it'll be a lot easier on your healer than if you don't. I wear all 4 badge pieces, ring, and neck atm for over 300 FR.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Drak » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:04 pm

FR is nice for infernals but not necessary, I just use my aura and i'm fine. I do take a nice bit of damage, but my raid setup allows for a priest to sit by jaina and focus solely on me, which is plenty of healing honestly. However, FR WILL make the whole thing easier, but it's certainly possible without it.
Drak

Postby saly » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:12 pm

Today my guild had first day @ Anetheron. I had one try on boss himself, but i died almost instantly. I had hits for about 4,5k-6k max, so i was replaced by warrior that got hits for about 3-4k. It's something wrong with my gear? or just paladin cant tank him. My armory link is in signature.
saly

Postby Dorvan » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:15 pm

saly wrote:Today my guild had first day @ Anetheron. I had one try on boss himself, but i died almost instantly. I had hits for about 4,5k-6k max, so i was replaced by warrior that got hits for about 3-4k. It's something wrong with my gear? or just paladin cant tank him. My armory link is in signature.

Got a WWS, or was that just what your raid was telling you?

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby saly » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:05 am

no wws, but i have seen hits on me and warrior on grimreaper. It was big diffrence. I think boss parried once before i died. How about missing demo shout and thundercap? Its possible i get even 2k more hits without them?
saly

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:00 am

Yes, demo shout can make even 2k dam difference if your armor is low, expecially on cleaves.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lieris » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:19 pm

I've tanked the infernals on both our kills so far with about 355 fire resist (it would be capped but I have been lazy with enchants). Picking up with exorcism is pretty easy and my tank spot is where the dwarf riflemen are with Anetheron himself up towards the choke point and the raid either side. It works well enough but if people have low HP, don't use a healthstone or keep running towards me when I already have aggro on the infernal then they tend to die.

This is one fight where I am glad to do adds: tanking Anetheron himself looks really boring.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Mouse » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:45 pm

can the infernals crit? I can wear 0-250 FR, I prefer to wear more, simply to ease the healing, and I can use a fair amount and retain spell dmg. What def should I maintain do you think?
Qapla <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 Tank DK

EnsgnBlack <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 BE Prot Pally
Mouse

Postby Devilheals » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:57 pm

I cant remember but I would imagine their lvl72 so 485 def. I use all the badge FR and my aura for resists and the S1 gavel and S2 shield to stay uncrittable.
Devilheals

Postby Worldie » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:41 am

Mouse wrote:can the infernals crit? I can wear 0-250 FR, I prefer to wear more, simply to ease the healing, and I can use a fair amount and retain spell dmg. What def should I maintain do you think?

ye they can crit (got loads of crits when i was tanking em in greenies of FR), and being lvl 72 you just need 485 def :) (or overall 5.4% crit reduction)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Mouse » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:03 am

I think im at 478 with 220 FR, I may stay that way and eat a few crits. Ill play with my suit a bit more, I like staying above 200 FR since taht seems to be most of the dmg. We ll see if I can make it work :P
80 Tank DK

80 BE Prot Pally
Mouse

Postby Dorvan » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:28 am

Mouse wrote:I think im at 478 with 220 FR, I may stay that way and eat a few crits. Ill play with my suit a bit more, I like staying above 200 FR since taht seems to be most of the dmg. We ll see if I can make it work :P

If you're using the FR badge chest, put 15 resil on it :)

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Mouse » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:19 pm

legs and boots atm. Badge chest is a large source of stam/threat. Maybe I could get the S1 or 2 shield to make up a bit.
80 Tank DK

80 BE Prot Pally
Mouse

Postby Comandant » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:12 am

What is the crafted FR set and is it good enough? What armor slots does it cover?

Terroar - 70 Warlock
Zeiben - 70 Druid
Marmidon - 64 Warrior

Ducimus
Comandant

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:41 am

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal