Remove Advertisements

Protip: AoEing Alar adds...

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Protip: AoEing Alar adds...

Postby Galadedrid » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:42 am

ok.. phase 1. 2 hunters MD adds onto you, you tank in the nook.
melee DPS gets em down to about 20% and holds off.

rinse repeat.

now the fun part.

phase 2: warrior comes to the nook. then locks begin to seed, as they begin to seed warrior AoE taunts and pops shieldwall. your healers spam heals on warrior, big ones. stuff blows up. alar drops from about 100% to 40%

Key Point: you bubble and get out before adds blow up.

after adds blow up, you continue to grab adds and tank em, everyone else goes and kills alar.

profit.

to Reiterate

step one: grab adds
step two: survive to phase 2
step three: ????
step four: profit
Galadedrid

Postby Merodyn » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:02 am

Actually going alar tonight... Tho i dunno, anyway to describe things abit better? all adds is being held at 20%?
ImageImage
Merodyn

Postby Jensaarai » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:04 pm

It's so much easier and less risky to just kill them one by one and two by two imo :/
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Pallypete » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:37 pm

We got our first kill on him last night doing it a bit differently. Phase 1 I picked up the birds and we killed them one at a time with a rogue stunning and using cloak of shadows to survive the explosion. Phase 2, I had a druid pick up the birds as they spawned and bring them over to me, I'd taunt em off and hold them all while DPS just concentrates on burning down a'lar. You'll want a good BV set if you're gonna do this though, I had like 20 birds on me by the end and they were starting to hurt.
Pallypete

Postby Melathys » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:39 am

This is when xperl unitframes comes in real handy. If, by some chance, the adds aren't both dead by the time meteor comes again, I just watch my raid frames. When I see a person get the red aggro outline, I taunt them (well, basically, if you're not in the tank group, and I see you have aggro, you're getting taunted). Sometimes they're out of range, but the whole raid knows that if they have adds on them, to head towards me.

Ah, the beauty of a 40 yard multi mob taunt. I absolutely love that we don't taunt the mob, but the player.
Melathys

Postby Moraus » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:11 am

Pallypete wrote:We got our first kill on him last night doing it a bit differently. Phase 1 I picked up the birds and we killed them one at a time with a rogue stunning and using cloak of shadows to survive the explosion. Phase 2, I had a druid pick up the birds as they spawned and bring them over to me, I'd taunt em off and hold them all while DPS just concentrates on burning down a'lar. You'll want a good BV set if you're gonna do this though, I had like 20 birds on me by the end and they were starting to hurt.

exactly how my guild does it, except we aoe the adds when alar is at 20-15%
in which case they see if i live or not -.-
Moraus

Postby Aleriya » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:32 pm

Who needs a warrior!

We just soulstone the paladin and he takes it in the face =P 100% to about 65% in under 1 second. It works alright.
Aleriya

Postby fredi » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:15 pm

We soulstone a druid to tank all the adds in phase 1. Dps brings them down to around 20% and then leave them be. I tank one of the platforms in phase 1 and at the start of phase 2 all aoe goes to the druid and he blows up and goes flying across the room.

Phase 2 I pick up both hatchlings and the druid taunts 1 off and dps kills mine first then his. Rinse and repeat till the end. If a tank dies or a taunt is resisted when the other has melt armor i'll taunt from where i'm at till another tank can pick him up.

I've been afraid to tank the pheonixes during phase 1 cause i'm scared my consecrate will kill one or something and screw stuff up.
Fredi
Level 70 Human Paladin - Nordrassil
fredi

Postby Bryne » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:25 pm

Jensaarai wrote:It's so much easier and less risky to just kill them one by one and two by two imo :/
Bryne

Return to Tempest Keep