Timed Event Help

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Timed Event Help

Postby Skeezy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:24 pm

We haven't tried the event except on bear boss, which usually we mess up the last pull.
But we have 4/6 bosses down and I think we can handle the first 2 timed, is it best to go eagle --> bear?

If so how do you pull that?

I've also heard mc'ing the priest helps?

Any help would be appreciated!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... e&n=Skeezy
Skeezy

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:21 pm

If you're just trying for two bosses it doesn't matter which one you do first; a full timed run usually goes eagle -> bear -> dhawk -> lynx as that path has the least amount of backtracking.

I recommend going to which ever boss you know you can one shot so you're guaranteed at least one chest.

On the last pack of trash before the bear, if possible I'll CC the healer humanoid, then tank a bear+humanoid and have the offtank take the other bear. Kill the humanoid, bear, bear spawn, bear, bear spawn.

I'm not a big fan of MC since psychic scars caused by Naxx MC gimmicks have left me twitchy to this very day.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:09 pm

We do it a little differently, but close to the same:

H1 B1 B2 H2

We sheep either H1 or H2 (whichever is the medicine man) and fear the other one (he won't aggro the bear boss while any of the adds are alive). I tank B1 and the ot tanks B2.

Kill order:

B1, spawn, B2, spawn, feared mob, sheeped mob
jere

Postby Retcon » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:17 am

1. This thread on the EJ forums is very very good. Full of information and good discussion.

2. We typically go Eagle --> Bear --> Dhawk --> Lynx. We typically hit three timers, but are not to the point of where we kill Lynx within the timer. If you're only going to be able to get two timers, you can realistically do it either way (bear/eagle or eagle/bear).

3. Also, the contents of a chest are dependent on what order they are opened, not which boss's platform it is on. In other words, if you kill bear first on the timer, then go to eagle and kill him too, the eagle chest will contain the first loot set, even though you killed him second.

4. From my experience, the Eagle gauntlet is painful without a Paladin. Congratulations! We're making this easy. Tell your other tank to just keep pulling mobs and pushing up the hill; your objective is to engage the tempest as soon as is safely possible (that stops the birds and mobs at the back spawning). Just keep soldiering onward and it's cake. Also, assuming your gear is up to task, MT the Eagle yourself. You can chuck frisbees at him while the storm is going off (hooray threat) and if you have a feral tank, he can DPS instead.

5. Bear trash is very straightforward, as long as you keep bear riders separated. Getting double roared at really increases your incoming damage, and that's what causes 99% of wipes that I've encountered on that section of the zone. For Nalorakk himself, Paladins can MT either phase, but be careful if you take the bear phase. If his raidwide silence hits you while holy shield is down, you're open to crushings. Probably better to take phase 1 (open with balls out AW + frisbee + JotC + consecrate). Also, remember you have a spare moment when he charges a raid member, you can chuck another frisbee at him when he's out of melee)
Retcon, 70 BE Paladin, [H] Korgath-US (PVP)
"Just another plebe in an army of giants."
Retcon

Postby enbee » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:41 am

For timed we dont use any sheeps/cc(omg time lost!), I just assign a warrior/rogue to flamecasters to kick/pummel and I tank allone.

On the way to eagle I have a shadowpriest in the group and I pull the next mobs as soon as the caster mob is dead, if people attract mobs they run to my consecrate, 20 sec drink break before the boss then pewpew!

Bear you just have to be sure to kill the knockback mobs first if you're tanking allone, bear damage buff in combo with knockbacks is very very nasty. The cleave the bear does isn't high enough to come close to gibbing a tank so if you're geared enough you can tank him allone (you're the only one who needs healing in the fight), you have 2 or 3 options to remove bleeds/mangle which should be enough to drop the boss if your dps is up to snuff, you can bubble/cancel bubble to get rid of the first mangle and bop to get rid of bleeds the 2nd time around, or if you're a dorf (yay dorfs) you can stoneform the 1st bubble the 2nd.
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Bryne » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:43 pm

Retcon wrote:For Nalorakk himself, Paladins can MT either phase, but be careful if you take the bear phase. If his raidwide silence hits you while holy shield is down, you're open to crushings. Probably better to take phase 1 (open with balls out AW + frisbee + JotC + consecrate).

Nalorakk does not crush.
Bryne

Postby Jonlo » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:14 pm

What time limit should you have left going from Dragonhawk to the Lynx, and what's the fastest way to pull the lynx trash?
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby easttuth » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:32 pm

Eagle/Bear - If you are trying for 3 (Dragonhawk)
Bear/Eagle - If you are trying for 3 (Lynx)
Bear/Eagle - If you struggle to get 2 boxes

We've done 3 boxes successfully both ways. Keep in mind that Bear/Eagle gives you 5 more minutes to get the second boss down than does Eagle/Bear.
easttuth

Postby Erutaron » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:41 pm

Jonlo wrote:What time limit should you have left going from Dragonhawk to the Lynx, and what's the fastest way to pull the lynx trash?

If you are shooting for a 4 chest run, Go Eagle, Bear, Dragonhawk, Lynx

When you are pulling the Dragonhawk avatar, you should roughly have around 20 minutes left.
Erutaron

Postby Sthallas » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:59 pm

Erutaron wrote:
Jonlo wrote:What time limit should you have left going from Dragonhawk to the Lynx, and what's the fastest way to pull the lynx trash?

If you are shooting for a 4 chest run, Go Eagle, Bear, Dragonhawk, Lynx

When you are pulling the Dragonhawk avatar, you should roughly have around 20 minutes left.

Truth, EAGLE --> BEAR --> DRAGONHAWK --> LYNX.

Last night we had between just under 21 mins left when Jan'alai died and after to 2 stupid trash wipes due to people being slightly over anxious we just barely killed Halazzi before the timer died. Oh boy, with all the shocks and moonfires for the last 10% of his life I don't think anyone got a heal... lol. The feral and I taunted him off each other at the end to survive.

PS. the only thing I change about my gear for the timers is putting on my T4 hat for a bit of extra threat/mana. Use Flask of Blinding Light and Blackened Basilisk for more threat and I think I used 5 super mana pots for the whole timed run. Oh and having a Ret Pally in your group for the extra threat from Sanctity Aura helps you stay above that T6 DPS.
Sthallas

Return to Zul'aman