Remove Advertisements

Mother Shahraz

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Splug » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:32 am

If you have divine shield up during a sabre lash, are you still considered a legal target (IE: does damage split to you, or just the other two tanks?)

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Gerilith » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:33 am

Splug wrote:If you have divine shield up during a sabre lash, are you still considered a legal target

-Splug

Yes.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Splug » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:59 am

Hrm. So it would be possible to randomly BoP offtanks to soak a lash?

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby artofray » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:02 am

Splug wrote:Hrm. So it would be possible to randomly BoP offtanks to soak a lash?

-Splug

This should be true, we were thinking of testing it out sometime but mother sharaz is already so easy as is didn't bother :P
artofray

Postby Splug » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:05 am

Aye, but at this point sitting around and playing theorycraft is more fun than actually farming the boss, hehe.

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Cakes » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:29 pm

Sadly, Mother is easy enough that you could be tanking her while making theorycraft posts on this forum.
Cakes

Postby Splug » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:01 pm

Heh, probably. Just have to remember to tab back in and refresh ironshield...

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby artofray » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:07 pm

Splug wrote:Heh, probably. Just have to remember to tab back in and refresh ironshield...

-Splug

actually the days im really lazy I just alt-tab until i hear on vent that she's down since even if the raid wipes the OT's don't get killed :D
artofray

Postby Cakes » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:26 pm

artofray wrote:
Splug wrote:Heh, probably. Just have to remember to tab back in and refresh ironshield...

-Splug

actually the days im really lazy I just alt-tab until i hear on vent that she's down since even if the raid wipes the OT's don't get killed :D

My disdain for this fight has grown so much, I'm going to make a fraps video of "How 2 OT Mother Shahraz." I intend for the footage to consist of me starting the fight, standing on the MT, then alt-tabbing and reading forums.
Cakes

Postby Morganim » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:26 pm

I was wondering if someone could make a ct profile or log out in what they OT this fight in

Just wondering what kind of tanking gear / SR gear mix i should be aiming for
Morganim

Postby Jensaarai » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:29 pm

We just started Mother yesterday, for better or for worse I'm tanking ^_- and doing fine, I think...in the beginning of the fight the DPSers ride me fairly close but I seem to pull away quickly.

Anyway, away from the threat discussion, which wasn't the problem...

Our raid was running with about 293 SR last night, as we don't have enough hearts yet to make the legs...we tried the raid stack in one place on the wall strategy, but found people with FA were dying (yeah, they were still getting used to how to move away but they were still taking a lot of damage), so we decided to try the 3 camps strategy. This was working better, but people were still killing each other VERY quickly (though some heals were able to go out I think). I'm confident most of our problems lie in our lack of SR (less damage taken = more time to get away, more fudge time...), but I was wondering if anyone had any tips for the FA people. We tried looking at the RW, and calling out on vent the first person listed to stand still, and the other two to move (though sometimes the first person would still move, killing all 3, fucking retards), but people were still dying, so we tried having the person standing still move after a second, which kinda worked better...and we tried the DBM add-in that gives out a skull/x/square and arrows (though our raid uses BW so only one person had this add-in) and assigning the marks to directions, but we tried this later in the night and didn't get much practice (and I think most people didn't understand yet what to do).

So I guess I'm asking for tips on how we can improve, though I know a lot of it will just come with practice; I just wish we had full SR /sigh 72 under the cap blows...
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Dorvan » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:53 pm

Jensaarai wrote:So I guess I'm asking for tips on how we can improve, though I know a lot of it will just come with practice; I just wish we had full SR /sigh 72 under the cap blows...

We're not quite there yet, but we'll probably be a bit short on hearts by the time we get there and are telling people to expect to provide a few greens to max their SR.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:45 pm

Legs should not be crafted, just go there with back (enchanted with 15 SR), belt, bracers, boots, neck, and a helm with Sr enchant, and all raid should be over 300 and be fine.
The only person for us who got the legs crafted was the lock tank for Illidan.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jensaarai » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:01 pm

A green helm, though, ya? Which requires there to be enough on the AH for the raid :/ we'll see, though on my server at least, I doubt it.

http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=9213

That enchant? :/

edit: nevermind this one http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29199#screenshots
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Worldie » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:16 pm

Well in theory the green helm should be "the last choice". You don't want to gimp your stats too much.
For healers, they should for example buy the one from Cenarion expedition.
DPS could buy the helms from badges.

I personally use t4 helm with 20 SR and one Void Sphere inside. If people have old items that they don't use anymore, let em enchant and use em. Most of our raid members use T4 helms, many healers have the cenarion one.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple