Remove Advertisements

Arcane Anomaly - Ouch

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Arcane Anomaly - Ouch

Postby Gothyelk_ » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:25 am

Ok, the Arcane Anomalies before Curator are the bane of me and my group. We have a good group and can clear up through Curator no problem - except for these damn trash mobs. It is to the point that we dread going near them and each pull ends in chaos and at least 1-3 people being dead.

The frustrating thing is that we don't know why. We have tried everything: fearing the little guys, draining man from the big guy, killing little guys first... nothing seems to work and the encounter seems random.

Any help on these is appreciated.
Gothyelk_

Postby guillex » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:32 am

First, drop your consecrate in the little hallway.

Second, focus on the big guy.

Third, and hopefully you have another pally in the group, assign someone to dispel mana drain like a madman.

Fourth, when he blinks, try taunting, but that's basically when your dps should go all out.

It's tough, and sometimes I relegate the job of tanking them to a warrior or druid. In those cases, I usually take up the job of dispelling the drain. That's probably going to be your worst enemy on those pulls: the little guys draining your mana.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:35 am

My idea was
Fury Warrior slicing the thingies
Me on the anomaly
Save mana for taunt. LoS the worms if you need.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Bryne » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:25 am

Have a warrior or druid tank the Anomalies. You can hold the mana wyrms with Consecrate and spamming Cleanse on yourself to interrupt the mana drain, but you'll still probably drink after every pull.
Bryne

Postby Lalecize » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:33 pm

Bryne wrote:Have a warrior or druid tank the Anomalies. You can hold the mana wyrms with Consecrate and spamming Cleanse on yourself to interrupt the mana drain, but you'll still probably drink after every pull.

What he said ^^.

I usually pull them, drop a consecrate in the hall, and another when they get to me.

The warrior OT jumps on the big guy and tanks him while i spam clense and consecrate on the small worms.

When the big guys blinks, the warrior trots off after him. When you get them all down they do a "loose mana" aura filling you up anyway.
Lalecize

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:53 pm

Bryne wrote:Have a warrior or druid tank the Anomalies. You can hold the mana wyrms with Consecrate and spamming Cleanse on yourself to interrupt the mana drain, but you'll still probably drink after every pull.

^--- this

you can't damage the anomaly, and thus can't generate threat

Warriors and Druids can generate threat without damage

But the Syphoners absolutely HATE when you cleanse their Drain Mana.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Everlight » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:16 pm

We get our Feral Druid OT to take the Anomaly, while I stand in the corner, spamming Cleanse and throwing down Consecrate.

The Syphoners really hate it when you cleanse their Drain Mana.
Everlight

Postby Halisstra » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:51 pm

I usually hit the anom with an Avengers. Because the shield goes up after the first hit and all the other attacks are absorbed, I can usually tank it pretty easily to start and we burst it enough that it dies. Typically we just have the AErs go all out hitting it, and the wyrmlings.

After the blink make sure you taunt like stated. That's about it.
Halisstra

Postby Achtung » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:28 pm

I usually solo tank kara and these mobs also used to give me real dramas.
Now, I go AS an anomaly, drop consecrate and then run back into the room where the arcane protectors were (near the stairs). This is where the group waits for me, and as soon as the mobs come in, a lock or priest goes and fears all the adds while everyone blasts the big guy. Save mana for a taunt once he teleports and you should be able to pick him up and hold him long enough for DPS to finish him. Then the little guys are pretty much cake.

I usually have to drink though after each pull/2nd pull, that is something that can't really be avoided.
Yae, 80 Paladin, Aman'thul Horde - Retired Feb '09
Achtung

Postby Balanor » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:29 am

We tried these guys for the first time and had pretty much the same experience as stated by the OP. Usually 1-3 dead at the end of each pull.

We had a druid OT the Anomalies and then tried to DPS each syphoner down as marked but that obviously didnt work. I'll try the cleanse trick to get the syphoners focused on me next time but I do have one question:

Do you all kill the syphoners first or go after the anomaly then clean up syphoners?
Balanor

Postby guillex » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:34 am

Balanor wrote:We tried these guys for the first time and had pretty much the same experience as stated by the OP. Usually 1-3 dead at the end of each pull.

We had a druid OT the Anomalies and then tried to DPS each syphoner down as marked but that obviously didnt work. I'll try the cleanse trick to get the syphoners focused on me next time but I do have one question:

Do you all kill the syphoners first or go after the anomaly then clean up syphoners?

Kill the anomaly first, then hit the syphoners. If you've dropped a consecrate, the syphoners should stick to you like glue and drain only your mana, giving your dps the go-ahead to nuke the big guy.

If you can, spam cleanse yourself... If you have a holy pally in the group with Decursive, then have him do it.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby grymwulf » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:05 am

We usually have a warrior tank the Anamoly, and AoE goes all out on the whole group. Mellee dps takes out Anamoly, then switches to worms.
grymwulf

Postby Impervium » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:08 am

Admittably, I've never dealt with these guys as a tank, but every group I've been in has AoEd the little guys down then kill the Anomaly. This past week we had 3 locks for kara, and the little guys were all dead after about 6 seconds thanks to Seed of Corruption. Incidently, the Anomaly's shield was pretty low after that too.
Impervium

Postby Shirak » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:17 pm

We have a new tactic on these and we accually manage to get through the pulls and much better.

As you face the door to where they are, you stand on the left wall right next to the doorjam.

Everyone gets on top of each other, then pull. It is chaos, but seems to go 10 times smoother and our healers stopped dieing.

Also if they blink to another person, they are still right there in melee range.
Tuberon wrote:Tanking *is* crowd control.

You run into a crowd, and proceed to control it.
Shirak

Postby Zhalseran » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:51 pm

As others have said, I've always had a warrior or druid pull the anomaly while I drop a consecration in the doorway and hide behind the doorframe, and then can usually drop another one before all the syphoners are on me and eat my blue bar. It usually works well, although they are still a super annoying gseries of trash.
Zhalseran

Return to Karazhan