Can i solo tank Romulo and Julianne/Attunaman and Midnight?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Can i solo tank Romulo and Julianne/Attunaman and Midnight?

Postby TheHonage » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:10 pm

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Karcuun

(Not shown on my armory page tommorow I will have the Gladiator's Gavel with 40 spell damage and am puttin dodge on my clock, tough shield on my shield, and throwing a +8 dodge in my gloves instead of the +9 stam)

So...exactly what the title says, yes yes or no no?
TheHonage

Postby DamnLag » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:20 pm

Your gear is better then mine, and I have solo tanked Attumen, Moroes, Maiden and Opera (OZ) thats as far as we've gone so far.. we've just started Kara. All of us are new so no one in the raid is decked out in epics.
Batteries not included.
DamnLag

Postby Boudi » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:22 am

we have a few stickies in the gear forum about gear and what's needed and what isn't. I suggest you take a look in that forum :)
Tanked: KZ(nightbane left), Nalorakk
Boudi

Re: Can i solo tank Romulo and Julianne/Attunaman and Midnig

Postby Barathorn » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:53 am

TheHonage wrote:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning%27s+Blade&n=Karcuun

(Not shown on my armory page tommorow I will have the Gladiator's Gavel with 40 spell damage and am puttin dodge on my clock, tough shield on my shield, and throwing a +8 dodge in my gloves instead of the +9 stam)

So...exactly what the title says, yes yes or no no?

Did you solo tank Romulo and Julianne? I am interested to see if it can be done at this gear level, we used myself and a bear tank when we got them.

So how did you do?
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby palouf » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:05 am

Barathorn wrote:
Did you solo tank Romulo and Julianne? I am interested to see if it can be done at this gear level, we used myself and a bear tank when we got them.

So how did you do?

The only little problem that you'll have is keeping aggro on juliette as she doesnt do melee dps ( no blocks ).
Its safer to bring a war or druid to OT Juliette and to keep her far from romulo in case the interrupt fails on her heals.

Otherwise, 2 healers can keep you easily while tanking both but the threat is another problem.
palouf

Postby guillex » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:50 am

Just ... because it bugs me ... It's ATTUMEN.

That is all.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:14 pm

palouf wrote:
Barathorn wrote:

So how did you do?

The only little problem that you'll have is keeping aggro on juliette as she doesnt do melee dps ( no blocks ).
Its safer to bring a war or druid to OT Juliette and to keep her far from romulo in case the interrupt fails on her heals.

Otherwise, 2 healers can keep you easily while tanking both but the threat is another problem.
Tried making the dpsers switch?
I don't know if they have any gimmick threat mechanic, if they don't, just make the dpsers swap targets midfight. They should have near to no threat on the other target anyway.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby NarfJones » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:48 pm

Julianne doesn't really hit very hard, she just HAS to be interrupted. Tanking them both is barely any harder than tanking just Romulo, as long as you have someone interrupting Julianne's heals.

Video for reference - http://www.stage6.com/user/NarfJones/vi ... d-Julianne
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Return to Karazhan