Remove Advertisements

Fathom Lord

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Dianora » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:54 am

Darus wrote:I tank karathress, you have a long time to be on your own so you can use all your stam/avoidance gear.

After the shaman is down youll have to start kite'ing him according to taccs (the only way ive done it) while the shaman tank can go over and build threat on karathress aswell for backup.

When the last add is down, keep him in position and nuke him along with the nova totems. Thats all =)

Tanking Karathress is kind if simple. He hits rather weakly for a raid boss, and his flame attack I basically laugh off. Since I'm so far away from the rest of the raid, I'm the only one eating his shadow bolt. Getting 9k health taken away every once in a while (I ate 9 last night) does wonders for me on getting mana back.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Scarzi » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:08 am

can tank anything on that fight, but druid is idle for fathom...can be solo healed until the last add.
Last time I checked, 38% dodge is better then stacking stamina.
Scarzi

Postby Comandant » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:35 am

I was trying to tank the hunter and his pet last night and it didnt work out well. I was assigned two healers (a pally and a druid) however the druid went down really early due most likely to the viper sting and probably a multi shot combination. Either way, when he went down, I ended up getting low and using my trinkets, healthstone, and a health pot to stay alive. However I only had one pally left healing me when buddy and his pet got pissed off and enraged. This brought me down too low by the time another one of the pally healers had got there to try and save me, but the combination of the enrage and the shadow bolt volley wrecked me.

I'll be recommending the tactic in this thread where we tank the hunter/pet close to the shaman, but i'm still unclear on positioning for this. Any info would be helpful.

Terroar - 70 Warlock
Zeiben - 70 Druid
Marmidon - 64 Warrior

Ducimus
Comandant

Postby Whitewolf » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:41 pm

We use 2x Misdirects for thsi fight.
Warrior MT on Tidalvess (MD from hunter #1 onto him)
Me MT on Hunter + Pet (I Stand at the back wall, let a hunter MD and Avengers Shield etc well hes almost at me.)
Then we have a Feral druid rush Karathress and a Feral druid rush the Priest.

We tank the hunter & pet at the back wall facing the Karathress - whos tanked where he stands. We tank tidalvess out of LOS, and the priest in a cubby hole.

Only problems we're having is healers dying due to lack of attention :)

One thing i'm noticing though....does the Hunter/Pet have an aggro wipe or something?
I notice my TPS is VERY low on this fight. I have NO idea why. Multiple target i should be much higher. Any one else finding this???
Whitewolf

Postby Comandant » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:21 pm

The hunter's pet was being Ot'd by a druid this time, but it didnt despawn. Does the pet despawn when the hunter dies or not? it didnt disappear and everyone thought it would.

Terroar - 70 Warlock
Zeiben - 70 Druid
Marmidon - 64 Warrior

Ducimus
Comandant

Postby Nebuchadneza » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:03 pm

I'll be recommending the tactic in this thread where we tank the hunter/pet close to the shaman, but i'm still unclear on positioning for this. Any info would be helpful.

We usually enter the room from the Tidewalker entrance and the boss is on the left as you move into the room with the ramp directly ahead.

Karathress is tanked where he starts and the hunter and shaman are pulled across the ramp and tanked on top of each other against the wall behind you. The Priest is pulled to the opposite corner to the hunter and shaman.

The usual misdirects apply for each add tank to set up positioning and if we are low on Hunters then our Warriors use The Decapitator axe from The Prince, though just shooting them with a bow would be just fine.

Our guild kill order is: Hunter>Shaman>Priest>Karathress

1 tank (Warrior), 1 healer on Karathress till the Hunter dies.
1 tank (Paladin), 2 healers on Hunter
1 tank (Druid), 2 healers on Shaman
1 tank (Warrior), 1 healer on the Priest. (Someone who has pretty strong heals and can last until backup comes)
All DPS on the spitfire totem as priority and current kill target secondary. (The totem never gets more than 2 hits off)
Remaining healers raid heal (we take around 8-9 healers most times)
2 hunters spam Aim Shot (for the mortal strike effect) on the current kill target.
2 Shaman in the Shaman tank group for grounding totem. This makes frost shock a non-event.
Once the Hunter is killed, the healers for that tank move to the boss.

Heals still get through from the priest occasionally, but ultimately they are never enough to stop each add from dying with plenty of time on the enrage timer. The key for us was for everyone to understand how important it was to DPS the totem whenever it spawns.
Nebuchadneza

Postby mclem » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:09 am

We've finally got our first Morogrim kill yesterday, so we're now starting to look towards the FLK fight. I understand in general tankadins should focus on the hunter and pet, but one extra factor we probably ought to take into account: I am by a fair margin the best-geared tank in the guild (by about 1500 health when raid buffed; I've not compared avoidances, but I imagine it'd be of a similar proportion). Should this cause us to change things around? There's a second good paladin tank who could potentially deal with the hunter if he's around, so what'd be the second choice in my situation?
mclem

Postby Dewgie » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:20 pm

I must say, I have used these forums many many times and its unbelievable with extent of great ideas and support that comes from all of you pallies. We just downed Morogrim for the first time (only our second attempt even on him :D) with me tanking all the murlocs. The videos and information were amazingly helpful. I just wanted to extend my thanks to you all.

I'm going to head the advice here and pass on all the useful information about dealing with the totems, the aim shots, etc. to my guild. Tomorrow we're going to give this guy a shot. I'm looking forward to how we do. We started ssc/tk (all of us are new to it) last week, downing lurker, hydross and void reaver, and now tidewalker - all because of the great information here. Wish us luck :) I will be sure to let you know how things went.

-Dewgie
Skill > Class
Dewgie

Postby combatcarl » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:57 pm

basically i posted how im the best tank for the hunter on my guild forum so I want to make sure I do my job right. since if I post about pally stuff they usually listen.

Anyway does the Hunter pet have the same name every time if so what is is so I can make a /tar Name then JoR it.

Thanks in advanced sorry if the question was already asked only looked at the first 2 pages
combatcarl

Postby Kellann » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:34 pm

There are 2 pets. If he pulls an elemental out, it will eventually (say 30s to pull a number out of the air) despawn and then he will summon another after a few seconds. Once he finally summons the sporebat (or he dies) you can stop worrying about the despawning elemental.

I can't remember what the names are offhand, but you can wowwiki/wws/etc to find them

/target x
/target y
/cast something

is what you're looking for...but TBH it's not much of an issue to keep consecrate going while waiting for the spawn and/or save a JoR and just watch the nameplates.
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Postby Glyhelm » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:30 pm

So, wow. I'm very surprised nobody else has said much about the Cataclysm Bolt.

Tonight was our third night on this boss, and the second kill. But it was the first time Cataclysm was a serious problem.

1st wipe, I was on the Shammy, and got hit with a Cataclysm. 2nd - 4th wipes, I was on Karathress and got hit with a Cataclysm. When we downed him, I was on Karathress only long enough for the Shammy to drop, and then our warrior MT came off and picked Karath off of me as soon as he could.

And it wasn't that the Cataclysms themselves that actually killed me, but the stun afterwards mean that I'd take a crushing or two. :-/ I did survive at least two Cataclysms at points, but they were near things.

I tried different gear setups at different points, but I was running between 49-54% avoidance and 16-18k HP buffed.

Is this a healer thing? A gear thing? A horrible, horrible luck thing? Any way to "fix" this problem? Any reason that nobody else here seems to be having this problem?

(Because our bear tanks get gibbed by the shammy, they get the hunter)
Glyhelm

Postby daier » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:30 pm

Just started working on this encounter last night, and we're going back in tonight. Just a couple of things I couldn't find in this thread but have been reading else where without confirmation.

1: If the hunter summons the elemental pet, can it be banished? I've read on bosskillers that it can be, but so far no mention to that yet.

2: Cataclysmic bolt. -Does- this hit only mana users?
daier

Postby NarfJones » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:18 pm

daier wrote:Just started working on this encounter last night, and we're going back in tonight. Just a couple of things I couldn't find in this thread but have been reading else where without confirmation.

1: If the hunter summons the elemental pet, can it be banished? I've read on bosskillers that it can be, but so far no mention to that yet.

2: Cataclysmic bolt. -Does- this hit only mana users?

1. No, it cannot. Tested and proven.

2. It would seem so, but I've found no conclusive proof.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby daier » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:19 pm

Sweet. Many thanks for the quick response, yo.
daier

Previous

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern