Remove Advertisements

Hyjali trashs

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Afraithe » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:44 am

Well, tanking 3 abominations and nothing else isn't the problem, the problem is the mixed groups.
Afraithe

Postby Gerilith » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:07 am

Afraithe wrote:Well, tanking 3 abominations and nothing else isn't the problem, the problem is the mixed groups.

qft

tanking 3 or more abos means the other tanks have to take the other adds or a pain in the ass for your healers. Tanking all the small adds and 1-2 abos in addition makes much more sense imo.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Worldie » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:53 pm

Those Free Action Potions are gold, they worked very sweet today, i AoEtanked 4-5 abominations without any issue :)

However we got lots of troubles with gargoyles, i menaged to get them all but took some time and always we got the next wave before all the gargoyles were dead, is there any suggestion about them?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:38 pm

Worldie wrote:Those Free Action Potions are gold, they worked very sweet today, i AoEtanked 4-5 abominations without any issue :)

However we got lots of troubles with gargoyles, i menaged to get them all but took some time and always we got the next wave before all the gargoyles were dead, is there any suggestion about them?

It's not like they have to be tanked that urgently. Just nuke and heal. Use AoE silence on them when possible.

Not sure which gargoyles you mean. If those in horde camp, it's usually a gimmick to pick melee mobs/feldogs and move with them close to gargoyle spawns. It's good idea to involve Taurens.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:25 am

Are there other gargoyles than the ones in the Horde camp o_O?

I found it quite easy to involve taurens, after aggroing as many as i could i just ran to the entrance and gargoyles followed me passing over the Tauren camp.

By the way, Thrall is imba tank, we killed Kazrogal with just 2 person left alive, Thrall tanked last 4% :D
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby kon » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:24 pm

we downed kael last night so MH is around the corner, in regards to talents is it worth picking up reckoning for MH trash tanking? i just recently dropped it
kon

Postby Worldie » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:37 pm

no

just no.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Daeren » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:59 am

At our first go at Winterchill trash and himself.
I might have been lucky or something, but on the Winterchill waves, I was tanking 3 abominations and 6 ghouls for over 30 seconds.

I felt real close to dying there, but our healers managed to pick it up.

I think it's just a matter of healers being ready for insane amounts of burst damage.
Daeren

Postby kon » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:12 pm

Worldie wrote:no

just no.

whats the reasoning behind that answer, i thought reckoning was the basis for aoe tanking, more mobs beating on you more chances to proc reckoning, with SoL more self heals?
kon

Postby Dorvan » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:17 pm

kon wrote:whats the reasoning behind that answer, i thought reckoning was the basis for aoe tanking, more mobs beating on you more chances to proc reckoning, with SoL more self heals?

The only times you're taking serious amounts of damage are when you're stunned by abominations, and SoL does nothing for you then (not that it provides a significant amount of healing anyway). I probably run SoW more than any other seal on Hyjal trash, followed by SoR.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:56 pm

kon wrote:

just no.

whats the reasoning behind that answer, i thought reckoning was the basis for aoe tanking, more mobs beating on you more chances to proc reckoning, with SoL more self heals?

Not exactly, reckoning is the basis of aoegrinding since SoL/JoL procs will heal you back. Mobs in Hyjal will hit you for up to 1-2k damages, so u see it's not really helping. Nor is going to help having slightly more aggro on your target since mobs will be Aoed anyway :)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Morganim » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:44 pm

kon wrote:

just no.

well reckoning is based off of you attacking

half the time on winterchill/anethron trash i just holy/wrath cons, holy shield and forget to judge its just not needed

in orc camp i judge somtimes but usually i just sit there spamming consecrate being a lazy git
Morganim

Postby Dianora » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:11 pm

Something weird happened on my trash tanking today.

I was fully repaired. Went through Rage's trash just fine, and wear the spell damage gear for Rage. So far so good. Wen through the whole Anetheron, and wipe on him due to improper communication.

On wave 5 or 6 of the 2nd Anetheron trash, I realized that I can't cast holy shield. My [item=33326]Bulwark of the Amani Empire[/item] is broken. My choice was either [item=33332]Enamelled Disc of Mojo[/item] or [item=25828]Petrified Lichen Guard[/item]. I slap on [item=33332]Enamelled Disc of Mojo[/item] just for its 141 block value.

I was wearing my newly configured AoE tanking set with significantly more blocking at 42.02% and 695 block value. So it means that I actually took more block than my previous attempt on MH.

Have anyone had their shield broken just on trash alone?
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Neganur » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:28 pm

yup happens very frequently to me, usually on the last two waves of Kaz'Rogal trash.
Neganur

Postby Devilheals » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:07 am

After the third boss tonight my shield was at 11%. You should always have a spare shield on you for things like that.
Last edited by Devilheals on Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Devilheals

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal