Remove Advertisements

Flames of Azzinoth

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Worldie » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:52 am

The flame enraged and charged, and then proceeded to 2shot both tanks...

Ye i thought it was going too far away from the spawning sword, i guess they'll fix it tomorrow :o
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Afraithe » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:07 am

Hmm, we have had a few charges, but they didn't enrage and we didn't wipe cause of it. But we have had the enrage type charges, but thats if you are miles away.
Afraithe

Postby fiorina » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:05 am

enrage mean flame is too far away from the sword.. measure the distance and use flares to see where thay can go.
Charge happens, just continue..
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Afraithe » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:21 am

So, then small charge (no enrage) = Someone in raid is to far away from Sword.

Big charge (enrage, wipe) = Flame is to far away from sword.
Afraithe

Postby Gerilith » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:42 pm

Afraithe wrote:So, then small charge (no enrage) = Someone in raid is to far away from Sword.

Big charge (enrage, wipe) = Flame is to far away from sword.

Charge = someone is too far away from flame afaik. Enrage = Flame too far away from its sword, yes.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Afraithe » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:17 am

Yeah ok, so then the times when he charges and enrages, is then the charge itself takes the flame to far away from its own sword, thats why sometimes u can get a charge without enrage, and sometimes with enrage.
Afraithe

Postby Inferno255 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:16 am

The outward lining on the floor besides the circle is a way to see where to stop. If the lining moves outwards of your circle, its the place to stop. If the outward lining moves into your circle then you shouldn't turn yet because theres still 5 or so yards you can move him further. Dunno if I explained it properly but that's how I see where I am in between blueflame/blaze.
Inferno255

Postby Zzyzzx » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:31 pm

Thanks Lore, for the /console command, what a big help!
Zzyzzx

Postby onacouch » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:13 am

We got him down I think it was 2 raid weeks ago. recorded the flames on the fly, not my best work, but hey, I didn't die.

http://files.filefront.com/Flames+of+Azzinothm4v/;9537777;/fileinfo.html
onacouch

Postby ricmrune » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:00 pm

Tried flame tanking last night. Basically, I sucked a lot. It's prolly one of the hardest assignments I've done. There's so much fire around I couldn't see anything. So I couldn't use the marks on the ground to determine my position. One of the vids I saw recommended lowering spell details and making sure you have sct to determine how much dmg you take.
ricmrune

Postby Morganim » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:35 pm

ricmrune wrote:Tried flame tanking last night. Basically, I sucked a lot. It's prolly one of the hardest assignments I've done. There's so much fire around I couldn't see anything. So I couldn't use the marks on the ground to determine my position. One of the vids I saw recommended lowering spell details and making sure you have sct to determine how much dmg you take.

Couple tips i picked up from when i learned them
a) Use flares at the far ends of the points you can walk, use red or white ones (i bought green ROFL)
b) use the max zoom mod
c) when you have fuckloads of blue and green fire around watch your combat log closely, if your getting hurt by 'Blaze' move thats the green fire, the blue fire is easily healable
Morganim

Postby ricmrune » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:31 pm

Did much better tonight with the lower vid settings. But, when there's so much fire around (blue and green along with a big yellow elemental demon) I lost my place and I got too far from the circle. Judging the beam path gets a little tough when it spawns nearby. When it starts on the opposite end I have no probs.

Pls recommend a max zoom mod.
ricmrune

Postby Morganim » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:07 pm

ricmrune wrote:Did much better tonight with the lower vid settings. But, when there's so much fire around (blue and green along with a big yellow elemental demon) I lost my place and I got too far from the circle. Judging the beam path gets a little tough when it spawns nearby. When it starts on the opposite end I have no probs.

Pls recommend a max zoom mod.

type
/console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 4

also id recomend learning with flares highly i cant stress it enough, its a million times easier to notice a red/white pile of smoke than anything else.

Id link ya the video i made when i was teaching our 2 warrior OT's
except it shows me clicking and keyboard turning at the start cos i was nervous as all hell :P
Morganim

Postby ricmrune » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:00 pm

I'm still failing a lot on the flames. I keep looking at the vids and pics and notice that people can see almost the entire circle but I only see a quarter of it. Then you factor in all the flames (with spell detail low) and an elemental that takes a good chunk of the view and the result is tunnel vision.

After raid I finally figured out how to get zoom all the way out so my toon is a little spec on the ground and I can see 80% of the circle.

On the other hand, on current raid, we were missing war tanks so I MTed Illidan. I swapped to some avoidance gear to factor the miss on shear. But damage was pretty spiky so I sat out when a warrior showed up.
ricmrune

Postby Nevrosion » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:53 pm

got to try this last night, quickly got the hang of it tbh. got 1 beam in 5 tries or so. Got one question about the charge and enrage range:

Atm me and my fellow tank kite the flames on one inner and one outer circle each. When we meet aprox where illidan sits when before u engage him, we swap inner/outter to avoid the flames getting too far from eachother.
However the one starting on outer will have problems facing the flame away from the raid and not stepping in his "outer" flamepath which by now is filled with shait on the ground. Here's my question:

Is this synced movement needed? Or can both kite inner on the way up, and outer on the way down, without the flames getting too far from eachother?
Nevrosion

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple